C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is Here! The First RPM adjustable Exhaust Controller!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:01 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is Here! The First RPM adjustable Exhaust Controller!

The ULTIMATE NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commanderis HERE, Click Here to go to the WEBSITE!!

So You want more than just a Basic On / Off switch for your Bi-Mode Exhuast?

The ULTIMATE NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is the First RPM adjustable Bi-Mode exhaust controller for the Corvette C6 and C6 Z06.

With the ULTIMATE NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander kit, you take full Command of your Bi-Mode exhaust system by choosing what RPM the butterfly valves open at, as well as the ability to choose a Full Open mode.

You select between Full Open mode and Stock Rpm Open Mode and Lower RPM Opening mode via the supplied wireless remotes.

You select the RPM at which the muffler butterflies open by setting the dip switches on the RPM Command unit.

YOU take Full Command of Your Bi-Mode Exhaust!

Do you want the muffler butterfly valves to open at 1800 RPM so that the mufflers remain open the longest time possible, while eliminating the "Drone Zone" Rpms? NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is for YOU!

Do you want the butterfly valves to open just a little sooner? Set the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander to open at 2600 RPM's. You decide when you want the butterfly valves to open, not GM's engineers!

With the ULTIMATE NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander, You select the RPM at which the butterfly valves open. The RPM choices at which the valves open are: 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2600, 2800, 3000, and 3200 RPM on the standard unit. (Custom Rpm settings are available)

You also can choose the Full Open mode for those times where you want it Loud all the time! And can switch back on forth between the three modes instantly with the wireless remote.

The ULTIMATE NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander will NOT Drain your battery when the car is Off.

This Product works on any 08 NPP Bi-Mode Exhaust system or Z06 Bi-Mode Exhaust system.

It also gives full control to C6 cars that have retrofitted the NPP / Z06 Mufflers and want a RPM opening mode!

It allows users who have retrofitted Z06 or NPP mufflers to a C6 to have a user selectable RPM opening mode, as well as the Full Open mode. Thus making the retrofitted system work similarly to a Factory system, only Better as the user Commands the valves to open at the user selected RPM. The retrofittted systems do need to have the vacuum control solenoid in place for the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander to have the ability to control the Butterfly Valves.

ULTIMATE NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander uses the Tachometer signal and a RPM control unit to tell the Butterfly Valves to open.

Full, Detailed Installation instructions with pictures included.

Finding the Tachomoter signal wire is the only part of the install that is not a direct plug and play.

Why let Gm's engineers control your exhaust?

Order yourself a ULTIMATE NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander and take Full Command of your Exhaust Today !

Ultimate Exhaust Commander NPP Retrofit kit coming soon. A stand alone system that uses the innovative Exhaust Comander controller and a miniature vacuum pump to deliver an All-in-1 solution for operating the NPP exhuast on a retrofit car. No need to run vacuum lines from the engine tot eh mufflers. Just install the Exhaust Commander NPP retrofit kit and install your NPP mufflers and your up and running. ETA is December.

Feel Free to drop me a PM with any questions you may have!

!

All my products carry a lifetime warranty.

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 04-03-2008 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:17 AM
robl45
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this looks pretty cool and would certainly be nice to open the NPP at a lower value.

But what about someone like me who could give a crap about opening the valves wirelessly? Can you just sell the RPM piece on its own? 175 bucks is a lot to pay just to change the rpm setting if you aren't interested in the wireless functions.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm the first to own one! Yea! Thanks Ben for offering such a great product. Now I have full control over my butterflies.

I installed mine in about 20 minutes. And that's working fairly slow. Actually I think it could be installed in 5 minutes if you have the instructions down before starting. And the instructions are really good with pics.

I've tried three setting so far and it works just like Ben say it does. First time to open all the time. Then I connected the necessary wire, started the engine, punched the remote and presto, opened right at 1800 rpm as I brought the revs up. That's the way it came set. Flipped two switches as indicated in the instructions and it open right on 2800 rpm. I'll be playing with it and decide which setting I like best for myself for street. 3500 is just not going to get it! At the track I'll let the remote keep it open from zero rpm.

Thanks again Ben for such a great product!

robl45,

Yes you can buy the portions that make it work much like a Mild 2 Wild. Ben can give you a price.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 AM
UTVOL06
Melting Slicks

Pretty cool. If I hadn't gotten my Z06 Corsa's and wanted to stay stock, I'd be getting one of these. Set it to open at 1800 or 2000rpms and avoid the drone range.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:14 AM
robl45
Melting Slicks

You want to open it around 2200 ideally I believe, as the car cruises around 2000 rpms at 80 on the highway.

As far as buying the piece separately, I don't want the wireless piece, just thepart that lets you move the RPM's around. Don't know if its possible to separate them though.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

This looks like a GREAT product!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
JWLaRue
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Ben,

....you need to fix your web url in your original posting. It's missing the 'n' in 'orange'.

Question: how does this unit work if the NPP is an after-the-fact install on, say an '07, without the vacuum lines run to the control solenoid? Are you providing some other form of (mechanical) control for the butterfly valves?

-many thanks,

Jeff
Old 09-10-2007, 12:22 PM
robl45
Melting Slicks

having just read about the rpm only kit on the site, you will need the vacuum solenoid connected.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:43 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by JWLaRue
Hi Ben,

....you need to fix your web url in your original posting. It's missing the 'n' in 'orange'.

Question: how does this unit work if the NPP is an after-the-fact install on, say an '07, without the vacuum lines run to the control solenoid? Are you providing some other form of (mechanical) control for the butterfly valves?

-many thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for letting me know about the typo.:o

To answer your question.
You do need the vacuum lines and vacuum solenoid in order for the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander to control the butterfly valves.

Comming soon from me is an All-in-1 solution that has a miniature vacuum pump to supply the vacuum source. No need to run and vacuum lines to the engine. Should be availabe early december!

Let me know if you need any more info.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 11-07-2007 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:06 PM
MackIII
Pro

Default So, a little off topic.....

Am I reading that the 08 NPP exhaust can be retrofitted to fit an 07? Will this exhaust fit an A6 07?
Old 09-10-2007, 04:36 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by robl45
You want to open it around 2200 ideally I believe, as the car cruises around 2000 rpms at 80 on the highway.
I have mine set to open at 2000 rpm. Its just past the "drone zone" and opens the valves at about 80 MPH in 6th gear.

When you decelerate it closes the valves at 1800 rpm and then re-openes them at 2000 rpm with the built in 10% hysteresis curve. Its just about right for my tastes.

The beauty of the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander rpm control is that you get to set it for what you like best. Not what gm wants or just On or Off.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-10-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:35 PM
JWLaRue
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben,

Perfect! Having the control based on RPM (vs. a manual switch) is what I've been waiting for. Now I just need to figure out how to get the NPP 'kit' installed on my '07.

-Jeff
Old 09-10-2007, 07:21 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by JWLaRue
Ben,

Perfect! Having the control based on RPM (vs. a manual switch) is what I've been waiting for. Now I just need to figure out how to get the NPP 'kit' installed on my '07.

-Jeff
If you need any help with the NPP retrofit process let me know.

I have the complete parts list with GM part numbers, as well as the instructions on exactly what you need to do to retrofit the NPP system to a 05-08 C6 that did not have NPP from the factory.

The " How to Retrofit NPP to a C6 " instructions will be added to my website shortly.

Ben
Old 09-11-2007, 12:50 AM
MackIII
Pro

Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeDream
If you need any help with the NPP retrofit process let me know.

I have the complete parts list with GM part numbers, as well as the instructions on exactly what you need to do to retrofit the NPP system to a 05-08 C6 that did not have NPP from the factory.

The " How to Retrofit NPP to a C6 " instructions will be added to my website shortly.

Ben
Hey that would be cool to have as I wouldn't know where to start with this project . What would the total cost of all the given parts you mentioned run roughly?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:13 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

These kits work for all Z06 , NPP and Retrofitted NPP/Z06 Exhaust systems.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:36 AM
Futile
Pro

Default You got the answer!

Ben

This will be a great Product!

I was looking to control the exhaust a little more than just on and off like other products that are out there.

You got the answer!

Count me in!

My car will be here in Early Oct.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Futile
Ben

This will be a great Product!

I was looking to control the exhaust a little more than just on and off like other products that are out there.

You got the answer!

Count me in!

My car will be here in Early Oct.
Thanks for the kind words!

NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is a great addition to the Sweet New Vette with NPP Exhaust!

NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is SO Much MORE than just an On/Off switch.

Exhaust Commander lets YOU control the RPM at which the butterflies open.

Its the best of both worlds, Full open mode and a RPM open mode that lets you pick the rpm at which it opens the exhaust butterflies, just after the "Drone Zone " RPMS's.

Feel Free to PM, post or contact me anytime!

Ben

Get notified of new replies

To The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is Here! The First RPM adjustable Exhaust Controller!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Sure enjoying mine Ben. Thanks for a great new product!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Ben, I am glad to see this is working out for you. Everyone seems to want and like them. I am glad we took the time to figure the retro fit out on your car. CONGRATS!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:33 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
Ben, I am glad to see this is working out for you. Everyone seems to want and like them. I am glad we took the time to figure the retro fit out on your car. CONGRATS!
Rich,

Special Thanks to you for helping me track down all the necesary parts to make it work.
Its been a fun project and has taken on a life of its own now.

I will be getting in touch with you for a few more parts for some retrofit kits I am putting together.

Thanks For the Help!

Ben

Quick Reply: The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is Here! The First RPM adjustable Exhaust Controller!