C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NPP Owners, Command your Exhaust! Choose the RPM it opens at, as well as full open!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default NPP Owners, Command your Exhaust! Choose the RPM it opens at, as well as full open!

NPP Owners, Take Command of your Bi-Mode Exhaust!

NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is the First RPM adjustable exhaust controller for the NPP / Z06 Bi-Mode Exhaust!

You choose the RPM at which the valves open! You can choose Full open too. And switch between the two modes wirelessly!

The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is HERE, Click Here to go to the WEBSITE!!

So You want more than just a Basic On / Off switch for your Bi-Mode Exhuast?

The NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is the First RPM adjustable Bi-Mode exhaust controller for the Corvette C6 and C6 Z06.

With the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander kit, you take full Command of your Bi-Mode exhaust system by choosing what RPM the butterfly valves open at, as well as the ability to choose a Full Open mode.

You select between Full Open mode and RPM Opening mode via the supplied wireless remotes.

You select the RPM at which the muffler butterflies open by setting the dip switches on the RPM Command unit.

YOU take Full Command of Your Bi-Mode Exhaust!

Do you want the muffler butterfly valves to open at 1800 RPM so that the mufflers remain open the longest time possible, while eliminating the "Drone Zone" Rpms? NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander is for YOU!

Do you want the butterfly valves to open just a little sooner? Set the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander to open at 2600 RPM's. You decide when you want the butterfly valves to open, not GM's engineers!

With the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander, You select the RPM at which the butterfly valves open. The RPM choices at which the valves open are: 1800, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2600, 2800, 3000, and 3200 RPM on the standard unit. (Custom Rpm settings are available)

You also can choose the Full Open mode for those times where you want it Loud all the time! And can switch back on forth between the two modes instantly with the wireless remote.

The NPP / Z06 Exhuast Commander will NOT Drain your battery when the car is Off, and always starts in the Quiet Rpm open mode just like a stock car would. Only with a rpm opening point that you choose!

This Product works on any 08 NPP Bi-Mode Exhaust system or Z06 Bi-Mode Exhaust system.

It also gives full control to C6 cars that have retrofitted the NPP / Z06 Mufflers and want a RPM opening mode!

It allows users who have retrofitted Z06 or NPP mufflers to a C6 to have a user selectable RPM opening mode, as well as the Full Open mode. Thus making the retrofitted system work similarly to a Factory system, only Better as the user Commands the valves to open at the user selected RPM. The retrofittted systems do need to have the vacuum control solenoid in place for the NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander to have the ability to control the Butterfly Valves.

NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander uses the Tachometer signal and a RPM control unit to tell the Butterfly Valves to open.

The system is 95% plug and Play. Full, Detailed Installation instructions with pictures included.

Finding the Tachomoter signal wire is the only part of the install that is not a direct plug and play. With full detailed instructions on how to find the Tachometer signal wire that is just above the fuse panel in the passenger footwell area, and a supplied bed of nails test clip, the process of finding and testing the tachometer signal wire is easily accomplished by anyone. You can also tap the tachometer signal wire directly behind the tachometer gauge itself if you choose.

Why let Gm's engineers control your exhaust?

Order yourself a NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander and take Full Command of your Exhaust Today !

Feel Free to drop me a PM with any questions you may have!

You want lifetime warranty? Done!

All my products now carry a lifetime warranty.

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-20-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:34 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me anytime!
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks to All that have purchased a NPP / Z06 Exhaust Commander!

You have chosen the Most Advanced Bi-Mode Exhaust Controller available!

When you get them all installed be sure to stop back in and let me know how you like them!

If you have any questions or suggestions, Let me know!

Ben
Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Old 09-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

You got me thinking because I don't like the "drone zone" that happens when you just take the fuse out.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:21 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Jorday
You got me thinking because I don't like the "drone zone" that happens when you just take the fuse out.
If you have any questions pm or email me.

Ben
Old 09-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by SunsetOrangeDream
If you have any questions pm or email me.

Ben
Hey Ben,

Do you happen to know of the top of your head when they open stock? I'm sure it's on the forums here somewhere, but I was wondering if you knew.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Futile
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jorday
Hey Ben,

Do you happen to know of the top of your head when they open stock? I'm sure it's on the forums here somewhere, but I was wondering if you knew.
Stock is at 3500 RPM (too high for me)

Ordered this for my car already!
More control for the way you want it.

Car is due in approx 2 wks!
Old 09-28-2007, 01:54 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Yup, Z06 opens at 3500 stock.

The npp cars vary from 2800 WOT - 3500 depending on throttle posistion.

I have mine set to open at 2000 rpm which is just right for me. 1800 is ok to but its barely past the drone zone.

Its super quiet on the freeway untill 2000 rpms and then it opens and sounds mean, no drone at all!

For me the drone zone is brutal. 1400-1800 is the worst range for it.

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 10-05-2007 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:56 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Yah, the drone zone is not cool. It makes the plastic in my car buzz from it causing me to stop and put the fuse back in.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:01 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Futile
Stock is at 3500 RPM (too high for me)

Ordered this for my car already!
More control for the way you want it.

Car is due in approx 2 wks!
Really Glad the Strike is Over

I will get yours to you just in time!

BTW: for people interested in the new 2 channel 3 Mode model, it has just a little bit of info in the description of the product in the store.
Final parts for the retail production are on their way as we speak.

It gives either Full Open, Full Closed or RPM Open. To get full closed you have to wire around the GM Valve controller. Otherwise you get Full Open, Lower Rpm Open, and stock Rpm Open all on one wireless remote!

Its Great for people who have issues with noise at the track or want to be Really Stealth!

More info will be on the main webpage shortly.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:09 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

There's a way to keep them shut all the time if you want, too? That might come in handy to keep the noise down after the headers without cats are on the car, and then I can just set them to full open at the track.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:17 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Yeah, to keep them closed all the time you need to run a wire from the fuse panel area to the vacuum solenoid in the rear bumper, bypassing the stock gm controller.

Then with my new 2ch 3 mode Exhaust Commander you can choose full open, full closed and rpm open modes from the wireless remote!

I have a few orders for this model already and I am custom making them one at a time, but it will be in stock in large qty in the next few weeks. I am taking preorders on this so when the parts I need are in I can build them and send them out.

I'm also making a custom one for some who wanted full open, full closed and rpm open points of 3500,4000,4500,5000,5500,6000,6500,and 7000.

Hes going to use it a racetracks where the noise restriction gets him a black flag.

He's going to try all the different rpms and see what he can use. I guess he was getting black flagged at 93db @6000 rpm. So I think 6500 rpm open may keep him clean at the track with the 92db restriction. And he can go back to 3500 or full open around town.

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 09-28-2007 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

These NPP mufflers are much more restrictive with the butterflies closed than the standard mufflers. HP will be greatly down with butterflies closed at WOT. I don't think I would even run my engine WOT with that much restriction. We have four little holes in front of the butterflies for exhaust.

Sure enjoying my Exhaust Commander Ben!
Old 09-28-2007, 12:31 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

I did dyno runs with them full closed and full open to redline and there was only 1HP in difference in the peak numbers.

And I have comparison to the stock c6 exhaust dyno runs too. There was no gain over stock for me.

357HP at the wheels was the peak with the stock exhaust, and thats what I got with the Valves open on the z06 mufflers.
356HP was with them full closed to redline.

Somewhere around here there is a picture of a stcok C6 mufler cut open, it looks pretty restrictive, but the cars dont have any issue running them. Its not the same as having a plugged up cat or something like that.

I did wonder how much was lost with the valves closed so I did the dyno testing on it.
After the results, I concluded that not much is lost with them closed.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by 8850

Sure enjoying my Exhaust Commander Ben!

Glad you are still enjoying it!

Old 09-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Interesting you recorded so little difference on the dyno. I was guessing based on what I see looking at the cross section of the HPP muffler as compared to a standard muffler. Also the dip I see in a couple of posted dynos around the 3000-3500 rpm range. This is where the butterflies open. The dip must be something other than the butterflies opening.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:09 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

All my Exhaust Commanders are great for retrofitting NPP to a C6 that didnt have it to get a rpm open mode as well as full open, and full closed modes. They also control factory NPP and Z06 cars bi-mode exhausts great!

I am working on making a full retrofit kit available with the mufflers, vacuum piping and solenoid and the controller for the valves all in one kit!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

TTT

Get notified of new replies

To NPP Owners, Command your Exhaust! Choose the RPM it opens at, as well as full open!

Quick Reply: NPP Owners, Command your Exhaust! Choose the RPM it opens at, as well as full open!