C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions needed on interior color with Jetstream Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 08:18 AM
AT T 2D
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Opinions needed on interior color with Jetstream Blue

First, let me say this.... I bought my 2004 because I couldn't get used to the look of the C6. Seeing pictures of the Jetstream blue caused me to reconsider. I drove a C6 for the first time yesterday and I could not wipe the smile off of my face for about 2 hours. I can not believe the responsiveness of a base automatic 2008 over my 2004 Z51 automatic. I have never been happy with the shifting of mine and Chevy has certainly nailed it for 2008.

I am going to order a Jetstream Blue 3LT convertible, probably with the black roof. I like the look of the 3LT two-tone interior, but I have not been able to see the titanium/ebony in person. One local dealer has a pre-sold Jetstream Blue with the cashmere/ebony and my wife really likes the combination.

In all my years of car buying, I have never seen a "tan" interior offered with a blue car until now. I would appreciate any thoughts on this from a potential resale perspective.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:21 AM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

I think the only interior color that looks good with JSB is black. Although, black interior in a Vert can be something you'll regret. I've seen titanium in JSB and didn't like it. Although I have it in my LMB I don't think cashmere is a good mix for JSB. I'm surprised they even offer it.
While blue is my favorite color, I'm not a JSB fan so I might not be the best judge. If I were getting an 08 I'd take a good hard look at CRM, even though I'm not really drawn to red cars I did like that color.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited by JVM225; 10-07-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:29 AM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an 07 AO with cashmere interior. I never thought I'd like a tan interior until I saw an AO with one. I love it and I think it would look great with JSB. It just seems sportier than black. I have had numerous cars with black, silver, or grey interiors and the lighter interior just makes me smile a little more.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:29 AM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

two tone black/titanium
Old 10-07-2007, 08:42 AM
golfbone
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a JSB vert/black top with 2 tone black titianium and let me tell you that everyone who sees the car simply says "wow". I had a PR/cashmere coupe before and the reaction to this car is easily 10X more than what I ever got with that one. Unbelievable.....I mean kids waving to me off of schoolbuses with the crowding to one side causing the bus to lilt, my friends wives elbowing their husbands asking them if they want to sell the Porsche....you name it.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Jet Stream
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JVM225
I think the only interior color that looks good with JSB is black. Although, black interior in a Vert can be something you'll regret. I've seen titanium in JSB and didn't like it. Although I have it in my LMB I don't think cashmere is a good mix for JSB. I'm surprised they even offer it.
While blue is my favorite color, I'm not a JSB fan so I might not be the best judge. If I were getting an 08 I'd take a good hard look at CRM, even though I'm not really drawn to red cars I did like that color.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
totally. My dealer has a JSB on his lot now with the gray interior and im not so sure I like it. The Gray is very light and "milky" looking. I have black in mine and like it a lot. I have seen pics of Cashmere and it looks decent and at least with this color the carpets will match.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
TRAYC7
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Ambassador
CI-3-4, 9 & 10 Car Show Winner
CI-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14, '16
St Jude Fedex Bowl Donor '09

If I were ordering JSB I would get either Linen or Titanium....
Old 10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Originally Posted by bluman
two tone black/titanium
I agree, I think this combo looks awesome on just about any of the color choices! Even just the straight titanium interior looks nice too (and anything other than straight ebony is going to be two tone anyhow, the only difference in the "two tone package" is that the seats themselves are two tone.)
Old 10-07-2007, 10:11 AM
BarelyFit
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize color is subjective but several of you said the ebony/titanium was your choice, however you need to see it if you haven't. That is exactly the color combo I was looking at but backed away after seeing it. The titanium is too light and doesn't go well with the blue. I also agree that all black wouldn't be "cool" both figuratively and literally in the vert. I would go with the ebony/cashmere. I have seen that and it looks really good in the JSB.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Corpsvette
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 100 Posts

I was die hard set on a silver with two tone interior but now that I have seen the new blue, I can't shake it from my mind. I am looking at the two tone black/titanium with black top. I was a huge fan of Electric blue but hated the LMB (too dark and not enough metallic). I can't wait to place my order. The wife is 100% onboard with it now. Good luck with your decision. My toughest decision is deciding if $5000 is worth the HUD. I don't care about retractable roof, i'd rather have seat coolers than heaters, and I am the only one that drives the car so who needs a two person memory. HUD is a biggie and fear I will regret not getting it later.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:26 AM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

I'm on my way back from my R8C delivery of my JSB Coupe. Guess what; I ordered the titanium/ebony two tone interior....but my dealer did NOT!!!! So I ended up with just titanium Well, the titanium seats look....ok, but I saw one on the line that was my JSB color with the two tone titanium/ebony I had ordered and it was STUNNING. My dealer (name withheld until resolution) promises he will "make it right no matter what it takes...even if ordering me another car."

My point is that I've seen both the gray and the gray two tone in a JSB and while the gray looks ok, the two tone w/black is unbeatable IMHO.

-Dale
Old 10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
hulksdaddy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ebony/Cobalt Red. The red looks outstanding with the JSB. Just check out how the red calipers look against the blue.

Very nice.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchydkid
I'm on my way back from my R8C delivery of my JSB Coupe. Guess what; I ordered the titanium/ebony two tone interior....but my dealer did NOT!!!! So I ended up with just titanium Well, the titanium seats look....ok, but I saw one on the line that was my JSB color with the two tone titanium/ebony I had ordered and it was STUNNING. My dealer (name withheld until resolution) promises he will "make it right no matter what it takes...even if ordering me another car."
That's crazy, why would you go through the waiting period all over again for a another new car? Just tell the dealer to put in the two tone seats in the car you've got already! Much easier and much faster way to solve the problem.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:33 PM
res
Instructor

I had a similar decision between Cashmere and Titanium. Cashmere interior has cashmere foot well where as Titanium has a black foot well.

Since mine will be driven quite a lot it was enough to keep me from choosing Cashmere since I know it would be a lot of work to keep the foot well looking clean.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:52 PM
WD-40
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Name:  IMG_0274.JPG
Views: 382
Size:  106.5 KB

I've had lots of great compliments on the two tone cashmere-somebody out there has to have a picture of the Jestream with two tone-both choices.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:53 PM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

BLACK
Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
gbgary
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it's gotta be black, titanium, or the combo!! neither of the 4lt options. that linen looks real good but i bet that near white seat will look like crap in no time. jmo

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions needed on interior color with Jetstream Blue

Old 10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
rprohl
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by res
I had a similar decision between Cashmere and Titanium. Cashmere interior has cashmere foot well where as Titanium has a black foot well.

Since mine will be driven quite a lot it was enough to keep me from choosing Cashmere since I know it would be a lot of work to keep the foot well looking clean.
Wow. Just, wow. I had all but decided on AO with cashmere or cashmere/black 2-tone, but seeing that JSB with the titanium/black has darn near changed my mind. Thinking cap back on...

RCP
Old 10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Silver99v6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hulksdaddy
Ebony/Cobalt Red. The red looks outstanding with the JSB. Just check out how the red calipers look against the blue.

Very nice.
Ive considered this combo, but I dont know how it would look. Im too scared to order it without a picture. Can anyone photoshop this for me?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
res
Instructor

Originally Posted by rprohl
Wow. Just, wow. I had all but decided on AO with cashmere or cashmere/black 2-tone, but seeing that JSB with the titanium/black has darn near changed my mind. Thinking cap back on...

RCP
hah, no need to think just pick titanium

If you want any other pictures/angles let me know.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed on interior color with Jetstream Blue