C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lear Car2U good news bad news

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Erix
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lear Car2U good news bad news

The Lear fiasco is well document, just thought I'd share my experience if it helps anyone who has similar set up....

I have 2 button dip switch based remotes with 2 Overhead model 551's. Its a 'supported' model in the 390 mhz range.

They basically recognize that the dip switch instructions dont usually work and will walk you thru changing the setting of the first couple switches in the hope that a miracle will happen. This is a necessity if you have more than on garage door as the first coupe switches relate to which button on the remote. If the head unit of your opener does not have dip swithes, you are more likely to have problems. In this case they indicated that that opener, though supported runs in 5 frequencies and I must have one of the ones that their unit does not operate in.

They will throw in the towel fairly quickly as they realize that their product is very limited in range and frequency (even if its on the list) unlike the superior homelink product. The good news is they will offer up the conversion module without your having to request it, and ask for the shipping fee. Naturally you should remind them its their problem for making an inferior product and the consumer should be held harmless in which case they will send them for free of charge.

So though the unit is obviously a POS, much credit for them for stepping up and doing the right thing.

Oh, and allow plenty of time for being on hold. It was approx 40 minutes before I got a rep. Their system counts down how many callers are in front of you.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:09 PM
car2Usupport
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your interest in the Universal Home Remote product. Additional help is available to assist you with any programming issues or questions.

If your product has 3 LED lights, please refer to www.learcar2u.com or call 1-866-57Car2U for additional support.

Sincerely,

The Lear Car2U Team

Quick Reply: Lear Car2U good news bad news