C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crystal red vs victory red

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 02:27 AM
bryanw2006
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crystal red vs victory red

Hey guys I been looking for a c6 z51 victory red mn6 3lt and i cant find one in texas or around texas. crystal reds seem to be everywhere did dealers order tons of crystal reds just becasue its a new color what happened to the regular red is it not selling well this year or something.
and it also seems impossible to find a car with a mn6 unless its 1lt most every car on jeffhardy.com 3lt z51 are all autos.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 AM
VetteManRay
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Forest Hill, (Out in the country), north of Baltimore. Maryland. Land of "Pleasant Living" with my Corvette, steamed crabs & crab cakes.
Default Both are winners

I bought a Victory Red Corvette and love it . Both reds are "dynomite" colors . Every Corvette color is beautiful . Buy one out of state and do some traveling and maybe save more money.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
OnionCrk
Instructor

Same decision to make here. We test drove awesome looking Crystal Red Coupe, but are now considering Victory Red because our 1992 & 2000 Coupes are Bright Red & Torch Red. Both CRM & VR are good looking on the C6 body. Around here dealers have CRM in stock. When we place our order it will be Victory Red...
Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bryanw2006
Hey guys I been looking for a c6 z51 victory red mn6 3lt and i cant find one in texas or around texas. crystal reds seem to be everywhere did dealers order tons of crystal reds just becasue its a new color what happened to the regular red is it not selling well this year or something.
and it also seems impossible to find a car with a mn6 unless its 1lt most every car on jeffhardy.com 3lt z51 are all autos.
Order #1 from Tim at Boradwalk Chevy, great deal and get what you want, 650-364-0100-forum dealer. I like CR and Victory red, I dig the sparkles in the CR, thats the #1, I got!
Old 11-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Forvettes
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

You are looking for a GREAT color!

There are 2 in Texas found on the Jeff Hardy site:

Coupe Manual 3LT Z51 COVERT CHEVROLET, BUICK, PONTIAC, GMC BASTROP TX
Coupe Manual 3LT Z51 LANDMARK CHEVROLET CORP
HOUSTON TX
Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 AM
GaussianMist
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is my RED...

It’s not a victory but it looks like it in this picture. It’s a real chameleon.

Look up jeffhardy.com and see if there are available victory in your area. Some of the older vettes also have victory reds, so you should not have any problems comparing colors.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,101 Likes on 853 Posts

Originally Posted by OnionCrk
Same decision to make here. We test drove awesome looking Crystal Red Coupe, but are now considering Victory Red because our 1992 & 2000 Coupes are Bright Red & Torch Red. Both CRM & VR are good looking on the C6 body.
Decision made easy for me. CR reminds of a Buick Lucerne so that's out. TR is brighter than BR and BR is brighter than VR. That leaves out VR too. Atomic is still the WTG. IMHOP!

Sorry it rained
Old 11-19-2007, 10:59 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm sure dealers stocked up on CR because it's new, and they make a little extra money on it. I originally ordered my 08 CR, then changed to VR because CR was on constraint. I have two friends now who have CR and I'm glad I did not get it. Nothing wrong with it, just not for me. l'm glad I got the VR.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Mines VR too and I love it.......as the original C5 book stated in its title...."All Corvettes are Red."
I don't miss the metalflake of my Pewter C5. When you get the VR looking like a mirror, it really turns heads........the other red had too many "pink" overtones in some lights for me...its pretty in most lights though.......whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy the car as much as we do. The 2008 is an unbelievable car!!
Old 11-19-2007, 11:19 AM
K9KUZ
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm stuck on VR. Owned a lot of verts over the years and my favorites have always been in a color like VR. My first vet was a '60, I think that was "Roman Red".
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
mwct
Melting Slicks

Isn't crystal red one of those special metallic colors that dealers charge a markup for? If thats the case then theres your answer as to why there are so many of them. I took victory red it looks slightly better to me but actually I would rather call it Tomato Red because that's exactly what it is!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Bryanwithy
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bryanw2006
One thing I learned long ago, dont settle on your cars or your women. Keep looking be patient and you will get what you want.

BTW......VR is the only true red.

Get notified of new replies

To Crystal red vs victory red

Quick Reply: Crystal red vs victory red