C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touch up paint JSB

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Check 6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Touch up paint JSB

Has anyone tried to order touch-up paint from a dealer for Jetstream Blue? My dealer has ordered twice and while the GM accessories computer states it is a two part application (base coat and tinted clear coat) each time it comes in as one tube, the blue base coat. As we know there are two paints this year that are unique as they are base color (as all colors are) but the "clearcoat. " is tinted instead of clear. The two colors are Jetstream blue and crystal red metalic . I'm going to e-mail GM (Bowling Green facility) tomorrow
Old 11-22-2007, 09:34 AM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Default paint

Originally Posted by Check 6
Has anyone tried to order touch-up paint from a dealer for Jetstream Blue? My dealer has ordered twice and while the GM accessories computer states it is a two part application (base coat and tinted clear coat) each time it comes in as one tube, the blue base coat. As we know there are two paints this year that are unique as they are base color (as all colors are) but the "clearcoat. " is tinted instead of clear. The two colors are Jetstream blue and crystal red metalic . I'm going to e-mail GM (Bowling Green facility) tomorrow
That's the way it comes they make a clear to go over it to give it a shine. I usually go by my chev dealers body shop and if they've painted one my color I pay the painter $20.00 to touch it up and i'm off.
z51vett
Old 11-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Gary Thompson
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings

I ordered touch up from paintsctratch.com for my Velosity Yellow and got basecoat, midcoat and clearcoat. You might give them a try?

Gary

Old 11-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Jet Stream
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its listed wrong, my Dealer told me the same thing. When it finally arrived it was just a single tube as usual.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:10 PM
2bubbas
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jet Stream
Its listed wrong, my Dealer told me the same thing. When it finally arrived it was just a single tube as usual.

Mine too! One tube but it dried flat. I had to put a clear coat to make it shine.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:25 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

On my wife's SRX the White Diamond touch up paint was spec'd. as two tubes-a base white and a topcoat more of a silver/pearl. I added some clear on top and the match was very good. I would think the 'Vette process would be similar, but only requiring two tubes, base and color tinted clearcoat. If it would match using one color tube why would it be considered an extra step/$ cost from the factory?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
kmball
7th Gear

Let me know what you find out from GM. I'm looking for the same thing. I don't see how a clear coat will really match a base coat with a tinted clear coat.

Get notified of new replies

To Touch up paint JSB

Quick Reply: Touch up paint JSB