C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipedream's cure for the common pedals.....>

Old 12-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Default Pipedream's cure for the common pedals.....>

Thanks Ed! My feet are happier already......

Old 12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Great job, it should have come from the factory like that Thankfully Jeff at Elite engineering makes the highest quality dead an gas pedals I have seen. It's one of the very few products I resell on my site. I have a few in stock ready to ship. www.nakidparts.com
Old 12-11-2007, 02:37 PM
User 020720
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like my Elite Engineering gas pedal, I still kept the dead pedal stock though.

GCA needs to take lessons from these, those expensive accessory pedals are fugly IMO.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:26 PM
papester
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Steve,

I agree, I got my set from Ed earlier in the year and they are great. The price is very reasonable also for a quality product.

Judd
Old 12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Couple of Questions - as usual :P

Hey Steve -

- Were these a pain to install and still avoid any slop/side-to-side movement in the gas pedal? Others have posted about this problem before, but I trust your opin on install concerns like this...

- Do they match the other 2 pedals visually? The finish of the Elite pedals in your pics - like most others I've seen - does not completely match the stock ones, but your flash may be over-emphasizing the difference.

- This appears to be the STANDARD width gas pedal, not the extra-wide 'Heel&Toe' model - RIGHT???

THANKS for your time !
Old 12-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VetteLurker
Hey Steve -

- Were these a pain to install and still avoid any slop/side-to-side movement in the gas pedal? Others have posted about this problem before, but I trust your opin on install concerns like this...

- Do they match the other 2 pedals visually? The finish of the Elite pedals in your pics - like most others I've seen - does not completely match the stock ones, but your flash may be over-emphasizing the difference.

- This appears to be the STANDARD width gas pedal, not the extra-wide 'Heel&Toe' model - RIGHT???

THANKS for your time !
Lurker,

No gas pedal wiggle whatsoever. The pin is a tight interference fit where it goes through the throttle pedal arm (infact I had to relieve that a little). If you run the pin through the pedal flange, then the arm, then the spring and make sure the spring clip is in the pin slot there is absolutely no issue. This is the standard pedal as I like a little dancing room down there.. The dead pedal assembly comes out with 2 nuts so you can drill the 2 holes on your bench. Easy there. Getting the OEM pin out is a bit of a PITA...I tried with Vice grips per Ed first, but having no luck, resorted to using a 2 1/2" "C" clamp as others have mentioned, and it popped right out. The finish is not exact as the OEM pedals seem to be slightly different finish , where the Elite/Pipedreams seem to be a bead blasted Matte aluminum. Pretty close though and not ebnough to be of concern from a distance... Nice Mod...

Last edited by Modshack; 12-11-2007 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Modshack
Lurker,

No gas pedal wiggle whatsoever. The pin is a tight interference fit where it goes through the throttle pedal arm (infact I had to relieve that a little). If you run the pin through the pedal flange, then the arm, then the spring and make sure the spring clip is in the pin slot there is absolutely no issue. This is the standard pedal as I like a little dancing room down there.. The dead pedal assembly comes out with 2 nuts so you can drill the 2 holes on your bench. Easy there. Getting the OEM pin out is a bit of a PITA...I tried with Vice grips per Ed first, but having no luck, resorted to using a 2 1/2" "C" clamp as others have mentioned, and it popped right out. The finish is not exact as the OEM pedals seem to be slightly different finish , where the Elite/Pipedreams seem to be a bead blasted Matte aluminum. Pretty close though and not ebnough to be of concern from a distance... Nice Mod...
I have to disagree,,..there was a LOT of slop on my Elite gas pedal and others have mentioned that too:

"It sounds like the hole in your lever arm is a little larger than normal. You are correct, there is a little slop to accommodate different lever arms. I hope this "slop" isn't too much to accept. Jeff"

Hi Jeff..enclosed pic of the mods I did to your Elite standard gas pedal.

1. I added a clear plastic spacer (with hole drilled) between the spring and side mount held together with VHB tape (and a piece of popsicle stick too! as the clear plastic wasnt wide enough). This finally ended side to side slop play. It also makes it MUCH easier (installation wise) to slide that bolt through to screw it into the other end!

2. After installing, I still noticed a lot of twist slop still existed between the lever arm and the side mount it touches. So I wrapped the lever arm with electrical tape just above and just below the lever arm hole so it fit very snugly between the side mount and spring...then ran the bolt through it.

3. I also VHB taped a aluminum L bracket butting up to the bottom of the side mounts where the lever arm rests...this slightly raises the bottom of the Elite pedal angle higher for better pedal feel on my foot...which no doubt would also help heel and toe.

Results: Not even 1/16" inches of play/slop anywhere!

I will say that after my mods, I do find the Elite gas pedal far superior to the stock one...in fact, this change in pedals all started when my stock gas pedal fell off while driving on the freeway at 80 mph!!!!

Last edited by siffert; 12-11-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Originally Posted by siffert
I have to disagree,,..there was a LOT of slop on my Elite gas pedal:

[I]"It sounds like the hole in your lever arm is a little larger than normal. You are correct, there is a little slop to accommodate different lever arms.
Sorry about your problems....The hole in my lever arm was actually just a fraction too small. I ran a drill bit through just to relieve it a bit and the pin is still a snug interference fit. Probably why mine doesn't wiggle at all..... Good idea about changing the angle a bit though. A small stick on rubber bumper oughta do that nicely..

Last edited by Modshack; 12-11-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 594 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

How much ?

Looks factory
Old 12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Originally Posted by burtonbl103
How much ?

Looks factory
Thanks! They're cheap.....Check Ed's page here: http://www.nakidparts.com/id48.html
Old 12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Modshack
Thanks! They're cheap.....Check Ed's page here: http://www.nakidparts.com/id48.html
Say...how much for ModShack's Ltd. "hole(y)" mat and that "hole(y)" metal plate screwed on top of that? Please explain the purposes of both and price for each?
Old 12-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Say...how much for ModShack's Ltd. "hole(y)" mat and that "hole(y)" metal plate screwed on top of that? Please explain the purposes of both and price for each?
I knew someone was gonna ask about that...It's an aluminum Heel plate. I've wracked my brain but can't remember where I got it. Had it for awhile. It was a Porsche related accessory store somewhere on the WWW....! Momo makes something similar (Do a google search on Momo Heel Plate). Not only does it eliminate common carpet wear in that area, it gives you a solid pivot point for your heels when driving. The Mats come from Mid America ( http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-1-51-663.html )

Last edited by Modshack; 12-11-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:16 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Looks good.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:23 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Elite stuff is really nice. I like my mine.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I have personally installed around 20 sets for the local boys. The play or slop complaint is over rated. If you engage the spring into the pin slot you should have minimal play. Yes, if you grab it with your hand and move it around you will have play and most likely feel something is wrong. But you don't drive with your hand. I have had them on my car for 2 years and never once noticed any play with my foot. Yes if I grab it, I can move it around, but driving is a completely different story

I have a few sets in stock and on sale on my club nakid sale link

LINK
Old 12-11-2007, 09:10 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I have to disagree,,..there was a LOT of slop on my Elite gas pedal and others have mentioned that too.
Mine is this way as well. Just been living with it. Elite was supposedly working on the problem but hadn't heard anything.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:29 PM
Pipedreams
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by GotVett?
Mine is this way as well. Just been living with it. Elite was supposedly working on the problem but hadn't heard anything.
But have you ever been driving and said "wow that gas pedal feels sloppy"

Get notified of new replies

To Pipedream's cure for the common pedals.....>

Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

They look great.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:50 PM
papester
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Pipedreams
I have personally installed around 20 sets for the local boys. The play or slop complaint is over rated. If you engage the spring into the pin slot you should have minimal play. Yes, if you grab it with your hand and move it around you will have play and most likely feel something is wrong. But you don't drive with your hand. I have had them on my car for 2 years and never once noticed any play with my foot. Yes if I grab it, I can move it around, but driving is a completely different story

I have a few sets in stock and on sale on my club nakid sale link

LINK

Old 12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
User 020720
Race Director

Mine has a tad bit of wiggle too but it's no more than that cheap plastic OEM setup and it looks a heck of a lot better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pipedream's cure for the common pedals.....>