C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3LT vs. 1LT

Old 12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Politician
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3LT vs. 1LT

The local dealer has an '08 coupe the right color and with Z51, except it's a 1LT package instead of the 3LT I was searching for. The critical differences (to me, anyway) between the 1LT and 3LT packages seem to be the seats, telescoping column, and the Bose speaker/6 CD radio. Question: are these items that will make the driving experience that much better, or will the typical C6 driver not notice the difference between a 1LT and a 3LT? As a newbie, I appreciate your opinions. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I bumped mine to 2LT for the seats...I didnt care about any of the extra frills the 3LT came with.

Just go for a ride in the car...if you love it, buy it...you will not regret it.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Srebbie
Instructor

You're only going to do this once. Get what you really want & don't settle!!
Old 12-19-2007, 01:39 PM
JLMounce
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't have any more fun in a 3lt than you will in a 1lt. Your wallet will be a bit heavier though with the 1lt.

Honestly the seats in the 1lt aren't that bad. I've sat in MUCH worse.

Best bet is to drive both and see if those seats and the telescoping wheel is worth the extra price.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:42 PM
rat828
Racer

Main selling point to me for the 3LT was the HUD. Other than that, the other features you have mentioned are pretty nice, but not a complete necessity. I think you will enjoy the car even without the extra stuff.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:42 PM
adconti
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JLMounce
You won't have any more fun in a 3lt than you will in a 1lt. Your wallet will be a bit heavier though with the 1lt.

Honestly the seats in the 1lt aren't that bad. I've sat in MUCH worse.

Best bet is to drive both and see if those seats and the telescoping wheel is worth the extra price.
Drive the 1lt, and if its comfortable, go for it! I love my 3lt, but could I live w/o the features...? probably. I would miss the HUD though, the most.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

To me the most significant differences between the two are 3LT's HUD, heated seats, memory seats/mirrors/steering column, the power passenger seat, and the ability to also order navigation.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
0SicMSP - Daniel
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mpuzach
To me the most significant differences between the two are 3LT's HUD, heated seats, memory seats/mirrors/steering column, the power passenger seat, and the ability to also order navigation.

3 is always better than 1
Old 12-19-2007, 01:48 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

The very simplest answer is, if you thought, or think, you want the "luxury" stuff then you should get it. The 1LT is "kind of" for those wanting to save money or are looking for the lightest car possible. Good luck.

BTW, please fill in your profile so folks will know a little about you. It can make a difference in the quality of help you get in the future. Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
H2LS3
Pro

IMO the HUD is awesome...I also like having the nicer heated seats and the steering wheel audio controls. I didnt think i would use the HUD, but when I got my 04Z it came with it and I fell in love with it, and I dont think I would get a vette without it.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:55 PM
TkitPlz
Drifting

My son owns a 1LT 07 coupe. I own a 3LT 06 vert. If I was to buy another Vette, I'd go with the 1LT package. It is great! A great value. But, as others have said, you need to get what YOU want, not what the rest of us think you should get. You won't go wrong either way. Good luck. Dan
Old 12-19-2007, 02:01 PM
mmorse
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I just got an '08 with the 3LT. I wasn't looking for the 3LT, I just came across one that had everything else I wanted. More goodies are always better than less goodies but only you can determine if the extras are necessary and/or worth it.

My previous 2 Vettes were C5 Z06s and they didn't have any of the goodies except for memory and HUD. The stereo in the '08, while not as good as in other cars, is much better than what came in the Z. The telescoping wheel is nice. The seats are MUCH better than what I had in the Z. For me, the HUD is a waste. After driving a car for over 3 years with one, I still look down at the gauges.

My guess is that if you have never had any of the extras the 3LTs have over the 1LTs, you won't miss them. But forget about what any of us say. Be honest with yourself and decide what will make you happy; more goodies or the extra cash.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:20 PM
thrasher949
Instructor

Its kinda hard to find a 3lt without nav, i dig the heated seats and heads up display. More options always makes it easier to resell when you want that zo6.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Uncle Sam
Instructor

I have a 1LT. The seats aren't very good. Disappointing on a super car.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
loubob57
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually liked the 1LT seats more than the upgraded seats. The other stuff wasn't too important to me so I got a 1LT. I'm very happy with it.

I've seen lots of complaints here about the Bose system which is commonly referred to as "Blose". If side airbags are important to you then don't get the 1LT. If you really want the HUD you'll have to go 3LT.

This is such a personal choice. I agree with those that say try to get a test drive of the 1LT and see what you think.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:30 PM
bitatasg
Instructor

08 1LT here. I love the seats. More comfy than my 02 VW Passat GLX. I had a HUD in my GrandPrix 2 cars ago. Not worth it to me. I do like them in airplanes, but in cars it's not for me.

Save the money and get the 1LT with NPP exhaust. Be sure to order the Mild to Wild switch. By far the best $100 you can spend.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
x07Z51
Advanced

I have an 07 1LT Z51 Coupe, I'm a big guy and the seats are fine. I don't miss the options as I'm too busy wiping the grin off of my face every time I fire the girl up!

Get notified of new replies

To 3LT vs. 1LT

Old 12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
calvie018
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dpenate

3 is always better than 1
3 is greater than 1, but not necessarily better.

Anyways, to the OP, you should just test drive both to see what you like/dislike and then go from there.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
ROC OUT
Pro

I have a stock 2007 Coupe with Z51 and the 3LT package that was purchased new. What a GREAT car with all the right performance and luxury features. It really depends on what a person wants and/or needs. Personally, I could not spend >$45,000.00 on a car and not have luxury features. As others have mentioned, the HUD is a wonderful option as I rarely even look at the instrument panel anymore. Now that it is cooler in Austin, the heated seats are a great convenience and heat up quickly. The power telescoping steering wheel and seats with memory, lumbar support, height adjustments, etc. all make nice comfort features at the press of a button or two. As mentioned, the steering wheel audio controls are also a nice convenience. There are other features as well.

I drive my car aggressively at times and luxury features don't enhance the driving experience much if any. However, much of the time, I just want to cruise and enjoy the Vette experience-that's when I really appreciate the interior comfort/convenience features of 3LT.

That being said, here's the bottom line (IMHO): Get what you really want even if you have to wait or spend a little more money (or less in some situations). If you don't, you will love your new Corvette regardless, but you may find yourself saying "I wish I would have also gotten the __________." Just my two cents.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Je zz C6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by calvie018
3 is greater than 1, but not necessarily better.

Anyways, to the OP, you should just test drive both to see what you like/dislike and then go from there.
Calvin.

I think it should also depend on where the OP lives and how he will be doing most of his driving. For example, if he lives where it can get to be very cold during winter, maybe the heated seats will be a nice incentive to buy the 3lt, but if in Southern California and only a weekend fun car, then 1lt will make him just as happy. Either way, good luck on your choice and just be thankful that you're getting a Vette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3LT vs. 1LT