C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NO FOBS DETECTED after FOB reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:42 PM
nealmeadows
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO FOBS DETECTED after FOB reprogramming

Background Info: I am a newbie to this forum. I live in Virginia, my 2005 Vette was purchased from Corvette Palace in Texas. The car is a 6-speed and came with only 1 FOB, a #2 FOB. This FOB worked fine and the car drives wonderfully, but, I was not comfortable having only 1 FOB. Soooooooooooo

I followed the FOB erase/reprogram procedure as listed below(I copied it from a Corvette Forum website) to reprogram a newly purchased #1 FOB.

"" Check your manual, and follow the longer procedure. You need to erase all FOBs from memory, then re-learn your existing FOB as well as the new one. What the manual does not tell you is that you need to have all working FOBs away from the vicinity of the car when initially programming. If the car does not detect any existing FOBs, it will erase all know FOBs, and then ask you to program FOB #1. This is the only way to train a new FOB to the #1 or #2 slots.

Here's the procedure from the 05 owner manual. Couple of things start the car and shut down before putting it into learn mode and make sure all know/recognized fobs are out of sensing range then follow the procedure, It will take three 10 minute cycles for it to clear the known FOBs before programing FOB #1 see step #15 wait for second beep and for the DIC to display ready for fob #2 see step #16 continue procedure until all fob are programmed and recognized.

From the 2005 owner manual:

United States owners are permitted to match
a new transmitter to their vehicle when a recognized
transmitter is not available. The procedure will require
three ten minutes cycles to complete the matching
process. Do the following:

Start car then go to step 1 I added this, some have had trouble with procedure if done after car has been sitting for awhile something to due with power down safety process after twenty minutes, just do it to be on safe side.

1. The vehicle must be off.

2. Place the new, unrecognized transmitter in the
glove box transmitter pocket with the buttons
facing towards the passenger’s side.

3. Go to the rear of the vehicle and insert the vehicle
key into the key cylinder located above the license
plate. See Hatch/Trunk on page 2-14 for more
information on the key cylinder.

4. Open the trunk.

5. Turn the key five times within five seconds.

6. The DIC message will display OFF-ACCESORY
TO LEARN

7. Press the ACC button (ignition switch).

8. The DIC will read WAIT 10 MINUTES and will
count down to zero, one minute at a time.

9. The DIC will display OFF-ACCESSORY TO
LEARN again.

10. Press the ACC button (ignition switch).

11. The DIC will read WAIT 10 MINUTES and will

12. The DIC will display OFF-ACCESSORY TO
LEARN again.

13. Press the ACC button (ignition switch).

14. The DIC will read WAIT 10 MINUTES and will

15. A beep will sound and the DIC will read READY
FOR FOB #1. At this time, all previously known
transmitters have been erased.

16. Once the transmitter is recognized and
programmed, a beep will sound and the DIC will
display READY FOR FOB #2.

If you have additional transmitters to program, take
transmitter 1 out of the transmitter pocket and place
transmitter 2 in the pocket. This can be done repeatedly
until up to four transmitters have be programmed.
The DIC will then display MAX # FOBS LEARNED and
will exit the programming mode.
When you are done programming transmitters, press
the ACC button (ignition switch).

After the three ten minute countdowns all previously recognized FOB information will be erased, see step 15, step 16, after awhile then there will be a beep and the DIC will display ready for fob #2, remove fob #1 and insert fob #2, to continue programming, by removing and inserting fobs per the DIC instructions up to 4 fobs. When completed, press the ACC button to exit programming. Let us know how you make out, good luck. ""

After programming the new #1 FOB and re-programming the original #2 FOB I get the following message on the DIC, NO FOBS DETECTED, when I try to start the car. Both FOBs will allow me to open the trunk lid and lock/unlock the doors. BUT I can not start the car!!! I have tried the procedure 2 times(I have another spare #1 FOB, don’t ask its too involved) with the same results. As I was going thru the programming procedure and watching the messages on the DIC, each time I depressed the ACC button the DIC displayed NO FOBS DETECTED before displaying FOB AUTOLEARN, WAIT x MINUTES. Not knowing any better at that time, I figured these were the expected messages to be displayed.

Its probably just a cockpit problem on my part.... Any HELP would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!! Nothing worse than having an almost new 2005 Corvette AND not being able to start it and drive it.

THANKS!!!!

Neal Meadows
Old 12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Try putting first one fob, then the other, one at a time, in the slot in the glove box, with the buttons toward the passenger side of the car. See if it will let you start the car. If it will, you may need to make a trip to the dealer's to see what's wrong.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:07 PM
nealmeadows
Advanced

Default NO FOBS DETECTED after FOB reprogramming

THANKS JimTN!!!!!!! I tried your suggestion and the Vette came to life. I'm pretty sure I did not try putting either FOB in the glove box slot after programming them(it was not mentioned in the owners manual). I just had the FOBs laying on the passenger seat. After trying your method I verified the car will start with either FOB placed inside the cockpit(not in the glove box slot). Pretty bizarre behavior.

THANKS AGAIN for taking the time to share your knowledge!!!!! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

Neal Meadows
Old 12-22-2007, 07:22 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,577 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Welcome to the Forum and Corvettes, neighbor

You mentioned you had the fobs in the pax seat. Try it with a fob in your pocket or in the cup holder - see what happens.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:05 PM
nealmeadows
Advanced

johnodrake,

Thanks for the welcome aboard.......... FOBs #1 and #2 are working now. I tried JimTNs suggestion and all appears to be well. My C6 Vette experience has gotten off to a rocky start. The first problem I experienced was the passenger door not opening, I had to remove the door panel and re-connect the wiring harness. Second problem, the drivers side power seat adjustments stopped working. The black wire broke off of the connector. I would not wish that repair job on my worst enemy!!!! ALL in ALL the C5 is an AWESOME car. Alot more seat of the pants power than the 1972 T-Top I had while I was in school.

Later Vette neighbor,

Neal Meadows
Old 12-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Old 12-23-2007, 04:50 AM
gota07
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Originally Posted by nealmeadows
...ALL in ALL the C5 is an AWESOME car...
So is the C6.

Welcome aboard.

Get notified of new replies

To NO FOBS DETECTED after FOB reprogramming

Quick Reply: NO FOBS DETECTED after FOB reprogramming