C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 02:29 PM
DansVette
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick 06
A whole lot of people are jumping to mob justice before both sides of the story are heard! Creech probably has a family and kids and people are destroying his business on line before hearing his side of the story...
Unless the OP is completely manufactuyring this story, what other side could there possibly be ?

A customer shouldn't have to worry about an employee taking his car for the weekend, or even for a spin around the block, unless it's a genuine test of the modifications installed.

The car got wrecked regardless, and the customer should be reimbursed immediately.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Bigcountry7
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the guilty parties amazing carelessness and lack of resolve. A reputable business would have taken care of this a long time ago. You are being incredibly patient, or atleast you are here. I have read the entire thread and you have received alot of valuable advice. Get a lawyer! Or perhaps you already have, that is why we haven't heard from you in some time. GOOD LUCK! I would like to here more information about the accident though... was the black box pulled, and why was the driver let off the hook with just a ticket when it wasn't his vehicle?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VETTAMOUS
jeffs not going, (just guessing) to post, hes already talked to his lawyer. if i were you id have the ecu yanked a read.
Exactly.

if he was driving it crazy like i feel he was, he was putting his daughter at a high risk. probally crimminal charges there. by the pictures im amazed she didnt get hurt or killed.

I also would be shocked if she was not hurt. That is a small head cracked on a windshield at a high rate of speed to crack it like that.

Get the ECU -- it will show belt and air bag info, as well as speed, braking and "G" force events.

If he will not let you have it or stalls even slightly, go to the police, explain politely what the situation is, and if necessary, swear out both a criminal complaint, and also have him served with a subpoena to preserve evidence.

YOU VERY MUCH WANT THAT BOX.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:36 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackNoob
Exactly.

I also would be shocked if she was not hurt. That is a small head cracked on a windshield at a high rate of speed to crack it like that.

Get the ECU -- it will show belt and air bag info, as well as speed, braking and "G" force events.

If he will not let you have it or stalls even slightly, go to the police, explain politely what the situation is, and if necessary, swear out both a criminal complaint, and also have him served with a subpoena to preserve evidence.

YOU VERY MUCH WANT THAT BOX.

How does a citizen get that info? Can you extract it yourself or does the box need to go somewhere?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:38 PM
milkman
Instructor

I really don't know where to begin on this, I did offer to make everything right, and my offer was unacceptable to her.

This is the greatest nightmare of everyone involved, the shop owner, the car owner, everyone. My mailbox is full of hate mail from CF members, and I understand that. My side of the story is that I tried to make everything right, and Melissa chose to go through her insurance company and take me out of the picture of being a part of the solution.

My offer to Melissa, which was declined, was that she take the approximately $40k settlement for the vehicle from my insurance company, and release the vehicle to me so that I could remove the modifications to the car and those that were salvagable could be reinstalled by us on another car, those that were not I could repair or replace to as new condition. If she had cooperated this could have all had a better ending.

Instead she demanded that she file with her insurance company (I've never heard how much they offered) and that NO parts be reused, and that she choose another shop to do all the work and some of the parts (like the sound system for example) be upgraded at the same time. Carolina Auto Masters would pay for all parts and labor. I'm just not going to pay another shop to do the work on the car, and provide all new parts when the original car had much that was reusable.

When we were in constant contact in December, Melissa assured me that her insurance company had not evaluated the car, while in fact, she had already released the car to them and it had been moved somewhere else. I have not spoken with Melissa since that time. I would have to assume that the car has long since been sold as salvage and the reusable parts gone with it.

If the car is still impounded somewhere, I'd still be more than happy to take the parts off it, transfer those to a car that Melissa provides (from the settlement from her insurance company) that are in reuseable condition, repair or replace those that are not and make everything right. But Melissa chose another route, and that was her choice. I'd hoped her insurance company would settle for enough money for her build the car back just like it was. I assume that didn't happen, but have no way to know. Melissa has not contacted me since saying she would let me know when her insurance company got in touch with her, so I've been given no chances since my last offer to do anything more for her.

From the mail I've recieved she has gotten way more than the value of the vehicle and modifications out of CAM already via lost business. And that total will continue to grow, and her nightmare and my nightmare will continue with neither of us finding a way to wake up and it all just be a bad dream.

I've been sick about what happened, I hate that it happened, and I really hoped that my offer to make everything right had been accepted by Melissa.

I do wish her the best of luck dealing with her insurance company,
-jeff
Old 01-27-2008, 02:40 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AU N EGL

Jeff has done tuning on my car and I will support and continue to take my car to him for tuning.

Seriously, you would?

I believe in withholding final judgment, and I am.

But to give this guy one iota of further business unless and until he speaks on this and swears to makes it right would not be even in the realm of possibility for me, even if the guy was blood family.

He must have treated you pretty well!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:44 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

This should be moved to the top

SO if yo get the car back you will make it right ?

Originally Posted by milkman
I really don't know where to begin on this, I did offer to make everything right, and my offer was unacceptable to her.

This is the greatest nightmare of everyone involved, the shop owner, the car owner, everyone. My mailbox is full of hate mail from CF members, and I understand that. My side of the story is that I tried to make everything right, and Melissa chose to go through her insurance company and take me out of the picture of being a part of the solution.

My offer to Melissa, which was declined, was that she take the approximately $40k settlement for the vehicle from my insurance company, and release the vehicle to me so that I could remove the modifications to the car and those that were salvagable could be reinstalled by us on another car, those that were not I could repair or replace to as new condition. If she had cooperated this could have all had a better ending.

Instead she demanded that she file with her insurance company (I've never heard how much they offered) and that NO parts be reused, and that she choose another shop to do all the work and some of the parts (like the sound system for example) be upgraded at the same time. Carolina Auto Masters would pay for all parts and labor. I'm just not going to pay another shop to do the work on the car, and provide all new parts when the original car had much that was reusable.

When we were in constant contact in December, Melissa assured me that her insurance company had not evaluated the car, while in fact, she had already released the car to them and it had been moved somewhere else. I have not spoken with Melissa since that time. I would have to assume that the car has long since been sold as salvage and the reusable parts gone with it.

If the car is still impounded somewhere, I'd still be more than happy to take the parts off it, transfer those to a car that Melissa provides (from the settlement from her insurance company) that are in reuseable condition, repair or replace those that are not and make everything right. But Melissa chose another route, and that was her choice. I'd hoped her insurance company would settle for enough money for her build the car back just like it was. I assume that didn't happen, but have no way to know. Melissa has not contacted me since saying she would let me know when her insurance company got in touch with her, so I've been given no chances since my last offer to do anything more for her.

From the mail I've recieved she has gotten way more than the value of the vehicle and modifications out of CAM already via lost business. And that total will continue to grow, and her nightmare and my nightmare will continue with neither of us finding a way to wake up and it all just be a bad dream.

I've been sick about what happened, I hate that it happened, and I really hoped that my offer to make everything right had been accepted by Melissa.

I do wish her the best of luck dealing with her insurance company,
-jeff
Old 01-27-2008, 02:45 PM
TexasMadMan
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Anone on this board care to voulunteer to be on the jury?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:46 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
HA HA. Let the appropriate parties work things out.

We all feel sorry for what happened.
This is your second post saying the same thing. If you really are a friend to the guy, you should tell him to get with the program and handle his business.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:50 PM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ShockwaveTXB
And if the guy did get a ticket from a cop, how could the cop have ran the car's info at the time, and have had it come up in the owner's name and whatnot...

If I go take someone's car, crash it and get a ticket...I'm pretty sure the cops are going to detain me or get in touch with the owner and look into having charges filed.
Unless you can whip out a work ticket, showing you work at an auto shop, and have the owner's sig saying it is okay for you to have the car. Which they will have. When you sign the estimate, what do you think all that other scribbling is?

Still would love to hear all the details on what he hit, was he cited, were their injuries, was there an accident report, citation specifics, etc.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:56 PM
FrostyZ28
Burning Brakes

For everyone screaming for Jeff to post his side of the story...ARE GUYS NUTS? That'd be legal suicide. ANY type of statement he issues can be used against him, hell even him saying "sorry" would kill him.

As far as people arguing the damages, I don't know about $50K but regardless that car is TOAST. I work in the industry and while that car CAN be fixed(just about anything can be fixed) I wouldn't touch that car with a 10ft pole.

I doubt you'll see the OP post in this thread again either unless there's some type of closure, the advice to keep quiet in this thread is great advice.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:59 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by burtonbl103
milkman wherw are you ?
Now that both sides have had their say..........this is closed IAW our rules. Keep his offline to pms/e-mails.

Quick Reply: [BEWARE] Carolina Auto Masters (Jeff Creech)