C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I will Never Buy from West Coast Corvettes Again...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:30 AM
BigButtLover
Safety Car

Received 484 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default I will Never Buy from West Coast Corvettes Again...

I bought a set of wheels from West Coast Corvettes(WCC). They charge a core charge of $1200 until they get the cores back and then they credit your account. Talked to J.T. and after having to wait a week before they got them in stock, they promptly shipped them and I got them in a few days. Had the wheels exchanged on my car the next day after I recieved them and shipped the cores back to them that same day. They received them well in advance of the 10 day grace period. Well, after emailing them asking them why my account was taking so long to be credited and using my $1200 free for 3 weeks, the SOB's only credited my card for $1125. Not the total $1200. I know the wheels were in perfect shape. I never got a call explaining why they did not credit me the total amount. I will be in Clifornia soon and I will go by there and let them know how I feel. Sorry to ramble, but venting....This is Bull****.

Last edited by 1%r; 02-16-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: censor bypass
Old 02-16-2008, 08:31 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Have you spoken to whomever on the phone? I'd like to hear their reasoning on this.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:36 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted, good luck!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Kreuzen
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

bummer ~ there's got to be more to this story
Old 02-16-2008, 08:50 AM
God-speed
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well i don't like to hear that. I just ordered a couple of things from them, hope I don't have any issues!!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:23 AM
BigButtLover
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Kreuzen
bummer ~ there's got to be more to this story
I hope you're right. The fact is that there was nothing wrong with the wheels. I am very **** about everything that I own and I know these wheels were in perfect condition. I really don't care about the $75, it's the way that it was done. No communication, and the length of time it took. And they only took care of it after I initiated communication. It's bordering on deceit to me and I don't like dealing with anyone that's no more than honest and truthful, as that's the way I try to treat everyone. I have learned that any transaction like this is based on honesty. They can tell me the wheels were received in any condition they like. What is my recourse? I'm not there. I have found out that WCC is not a very honest place to deal with. I guess it cost me $75 to find out about this place.

Last edited by BigButtLover; 02-16-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:32 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by BigButtLover
I hope you're right. The fact is that there was nothing wrong with the wheels. I am very **** about everything that I own and I know these wheels were in perfect condition. I'm really don't care about the $75, it's the way that it was done. No communication, and the length of time it took. And they only took care of it after I initiated communication. It's bordering on deceit to me and I don't like dealing with anyone that's no more than honest and truthful, as that's the way I try to treat everyone. I have learned that any transaction like this is based on honesty. They can tell me the wheels were received in any condition that they say. What is my recourse? I'm not there. I have found out that WCC is not a very honest place to deal with.
Obviously it is too late now, but a self protection would be to take photos of the wheels as they are shipped and insure them against any damage.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:39 AM
obaidan
Instructor

I dealt with Neal Lybrook and he is a real professional who wants to make business and keep customers. Call him, he might be able to help.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Maizen
Racer

Have you attempted to call them since the credit was applied? I know they should have given an explanation, but you should also make attempts to get the info as well.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:46 AM
los7883
Melting Slicks

Who paid for shipping the cores back to them...maybe they took THAT out of your 1200? I dont know here, I'm just guessing....let us know what happens.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:50 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I hope you're right. The fact is that there was nothing wrong with the wheels. I am very **** about everything that I own and I know these wheels were in perfect condition. I really don't care about the $75, it's the way that it was done. No communication, and the length of time it took. And they only took care of it after I initiated communication. It's bordering on deceit to me and I don't like dealing with anyone that's no more than honest and truthful, as that's the way I try to treat everyone. I have learned that any transaction like this is based on honesty. They can tell me the wheels were received in any condition they like. What is my recourse? I'm not there. I have found out that WCC is not a very honest place to deal with. I guess it cost me $75 to find out about this place.
That may be well and good for you, but I still don't see your response to my question: what did they say to you when you had a conversation with them regarding the charge and the delay in time?

If you're going to slam an outfit, the least you could do is tell us what they said, don't you think? I think that''s only fair.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:05 AM
BigButtLover
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by obaidan
I dealt with Neal Lybrook and he is a real professional who wants to make business and keep customers. Call him, he might be able to help.
I will try to call him.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
BigButtLover
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by AORoads
That may be well and good for you, but I still don't see your response to my question: what did they say to you when you had a conversation with them regarding the charge and the delay in time?

If you're going to slam an outfit, the least you could do is tell us what they said, don't you think? I think that''s only fair.
I emailed them when asking about the crediting of my account. They did not email me back, but credited my account some time late yesterday. When I seen that they had finally credited my account, it was after hours. I tried calling them, but I can't contact them until Monday. Beleive me, I want to hear their story.

Last edited by BigButtLover; 02-16-2008 at 10:13 AM.
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,923 Likes on 4,809 Posts

Originally Posted by Maizen
Have you attempted to call them since the credit was applied? I know they should have given an explanation, but you should also make attempts to get the info as well.
hongkongstewy
Racer

wow, sound very unlike them; definitely do as the others say and give them a call. I have always received excellent service from WCC
Old 02-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I've never dealt with them but I think I would have waited for an explanation before slamming WCC. Even if it takes a while longer, I imagine someone there could eventually find out what's going-on and provide an explanation.

Good luck.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:24 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Sure they have their reasons,legit or not,but this is exactly why I never do a purchase w/a core charge of any kind.People get funny quick when it comes to money.

Get notified of new replies

To I will Never Buy from West Coast Corvettes Again...

Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by jesse12804
Sure they have their reasons,legit or not,but this is exactly why I never do a purchase w/a core charge of any kind.People get funny quick when it comes to money.
hmm, that's pretty interesting. I never would've thought of that. Thanks for the insigiht.

BigButtL. I'm kinda surprised they're not there today, Saturday. I was at their shop for a dyno day on a Sat. They were wide open, of course, it could be they were only open for that particular day.

Will wait to hear what your conversation with them produces.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I will try to call him.
Call and speak with Fred, if you have not spoken to anyone on the phone
Old 02-16-2008, 10:51 AM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Originally Posted by los7883
Who paid for shipping the cores back to them...maybe they took THAT out of your 1200? I dont know here, I'm just guessing....let us know what happens.

Quick Reply: I will Never Buy from West Coast Corvettes Again...