C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Coast Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:31 PM
WCC PARTS MAN
Supporting Vendor

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Default West Coast Corvettes

Im JT... i took the the order from this guy for his wheel exchange....he sent back the cores....Yes, they all looked good but one had a bad hop to it.....when we checked them for out of round...WCC only charge him $75.00 to have the wheel fixed....I could have charge him the full $300.00 core and returned the bad wheel to him...Here @ WCC we stand behind our products...I'm sorry that he had a bad wheel.....he has not tried to contact me....I could make it up to him on his next order or worked out a deal for him........ill be waiting for his call..

Thanks
to all of you that stand behind us.....Good to know that poeple like to deal with great companys like WCC

Thanks

JT
West Coast Corvettes
Parts Sales MGR
888 - 737 - 8388
Old 02-16-2008, 02:41 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you tell me why it's his responsibility to call you? You should have contacted him to let him know you found a problem and that you were going to charge him for it.

Don't charge the customer and wait for him to discover it and then run you down to find out why. Poor customer service in my opinion....
Old 02-16-2008, 02:44 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,577 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by C6Tim
Can you tell me why it's his responsibility to call you? You should have contacted him to let him know you found a problem and that you were going to charge him for it.

Don't charge the customer and wait for him to discover it and then run you down to find out why. Poor customer service in my opinion....
WCC had the information and the responsibility to inform the customer who, in all likelihood, had no idea that the wheel was bad. Good learning experience if all get happy over this.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:45 PM
gallenl
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the customer informed of the charge in a timely manner?
Old 02-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Kreuzen
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

as Paul Harvey says; now for the rest of the story ~ ya see, there is always two sides to every story. I'm still not sure about who communicated what, but given JT's comments (always found him to be a straight shooter) sounds like the remedy was reasonable...to say the least. Thanks for chimming in.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:47 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

I smell a backfire.................
Old 02-16-2008, 02:48 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Kreuzen
as Paul Harvey says; now for the rest of the story ~ ya see, there is always two sides to every story. I'm still not sure about who communicated what, but given JT's comments (always found him to be a straight shooter) sounds like the remedy was reasonable...to say the least. Thanks for chimming in.

What remedy? He simply decided that there was a problem with one of the customers wheels and charged him for it. Did not contact the customer to explain... just took his money and moved on to the next customer...
Old 02-16-2008, 02:51 PM
gogetum
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kreuzen

Old 02-16-2008, 02:53 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,908 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

What remedy? He simply decided that there was a problem with one of the customers wheels and charged him for it. Did not contact the customer to explain... just took his money and moved on to the next customer...

with all the above. If there was a problem with the wheel the customer should have been made aware of his options BEFORE he was backcharged. Poor customer service IMHO.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:58 PM
WCC PARTS MAN
Supporting Vendor

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

He did rec a phone call....come on people...we cant just take money with out telling the customer....he just wast not happy that he had a bad wheel......
Old 02-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Kreuzen
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

~ maybe you would prefer I use the word adjustment - $75 is a hell of a lot better than $300. Ref your comment about contacting the customer ~ as I said, I'm not sure what took place between the two parties communication wise - but since there was more to the initial piece of this story (ref initial post) I'm sure there is more to the communication piece as well.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:00 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

Old 02-16-2008, 03:00 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by WCC PARTS MAN
He did rec a phone call....come on people...we cant just take money with out telling the customer....he just wast not happy that he had a bad wheel......
That's not what you said in your first post. If you called him first I think you would have said so in your original post. You simply said he did not call you.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by WCC PARTS MAN
Now what do the WCC bashers say?
as I said...TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY
Old 02-16-2008, 03:08 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Default Here's the Reply Via PM to The OP In The Other Thread

Both the buyer and seller have been requested to take this offline. Please email or PM me the final status of the matter.

Copy of said PM:

WCC Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1942597

I locked your thread as it didn't follow the sites unresolved dispute policy. After you contact WCC on Monday please get back to me on the status of the resolution along with written documentation from both parties.

Thanks,

Jay
See reply as listed in thread:

Unresolved disputes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.

Occasionally, members fail to recognize the importance of exhausting all efforts to settle an unresolved dispute, issue, or concern offline.

Such action can seriously damage the reputation of the business, the owner, and their employees.

Members need to realize that when they create a thread, even if the information is factual, if they have not given the business/owner the opportunity to make things right, hundreds of members will still read the thread and walk away thinking less of the business, and possible future purchases.

Therefore, it is imperative that members contact the business via phone, e-mail, or PM to attempt to settle an issue or concern offline and afford them the opportunity to make things right.

Please PM me with the reply from WCC on Monday as to the status of your complaint.

Get notified of new replies

To West Coast Corvettes

Quick Reply: West Coast Corvettes