C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum Dealer Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Vette'n04
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Dealer Experience

Just want to keep it real here, NO axe to grind. The Vette Net advertises low pricing and complete customer satisfaction. However, MY experience with them was different. Their pricing was about $2000 higher then 2 or 3 other forum dealers. When they were told of the difference, I was told that these other dealers must be mistaken and are not knowledgable in their quotes! I find that to be insulting to other knowledgable dealers. Just be careful, and do your homework! Just because a dealer is on this forum does not mean he or she has the best pricing. Oh and by the way my emails are no longer being returned by The Vette Net! I wonder why?
The experiences and opinions expressed here are ONLY MY own, and do not reflect those of anyone else.
Thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 05:07 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

interesting...so y'mean ya still have to "caveat emptor?" guess so...
Old 04-06-2008, 05:13 PM
Vette'n04
Pro

Originally Posted by AORoads
interesting...so y'mean ya still have to "caveat emptor?" guess so...
Just wanted to be safe and protect others. If I put something out there to protect my fellow Corvette enthusiasts then I want to be sure that they know it's my opinions.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:15 PM
LouG
Advanced

Two years ago I sold my '02 Vert through the Vette Net. We decided on a selling price based on what other '02s were selling as well as options and condition of my car. From a sellers point of view I think we came up with a fair price. The car sold in three weeks and neither the buyer or I had any problems with the transaction.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Whenever you add in a Middleman between the dealer and the customer it's only logical to assume that prices will be higher (everyone has to make some money). With the Auto business the way it is these days, and dealers willing to work close to the bone, it no longer leaves much (if any) margin for the guy in the middle....(at least with knowledgeable buyers who know how to seek out the aggressive dealers)
Old 04-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Vette'n04
Pro

Originally Posted by Modshack
Whenever you add in a Middleman between the dealer and the customer it's only logical to assume that prices will be higher (everyone has to make some money). With the Auto business the way it is these days, and dealers willing to work close to the bone, it no longer leaves much (if any) margin for the guy in the middle....(at least with knowledgeable buyers who know how to seek out the aggressive dealers)
YES, Unfortunately many will believe that they are dealers and will get dealer pricing from them. This simply is not true. As stated, they ARE middlemen and must mark up accordingly to make a profit. Obviously, everyone is entitled to make a profit, but we must be educated to the fact that a dealer, especially one from this forum, will give us the BEST price.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Interesting. When I just got quotes on ordering an '08 3LZ Z06, Ken at TheVetteNet only missed the lowest bid by a few hundred, and he was way under several other Forum dealers. When I was considering a 427SE car, Ken offered the same MSRP as every other Forum dealer - only with free Museum Delivery, a $490 option. So I say, give them all a chance. On any given day any of them might be low or high.

Last edited by Gannet; 04-06-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Vette'n04
Pro

Originally Posted by Gannet
Interesting. When I just got quotes on ordering an '08 3LZ Z06, Ken at TheVetteNet only missed the lowest bid by a few hundred, and he was way under several other Forum dealers. When I was considering a 427SE car, Ken offered the same MSRP as every other Forum dealer - only with free Museum Delivery, a $490 option. So I say, give them all a chance. On any given day any of them might be low or high.
Hey, we ALL have different experiences. Yours was good. I am NOT in any way saying don't give them a chance, but be aware that other TRUE dealers MAY offer better pricing.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:13 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette'n04
Just wanted to be safe and protect others. If I put something out there to protect my fellow Corvette enthusiasts then I want to be sure that they know it's my opinions.
Some people here think all Forum dealers walk on water. You have to shop with any dealer with care and good math. There are add ons that many will add to pump up the numbers. There is another recent thread started by MountainBear regarding dealer add ons and what-not, check that out.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:35 PM
rakuhn
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Rather enlightening.....thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
INGER67
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
St Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by LouG
Two years ago I sold my '02 Vert through the Vette Net. We decided on a selling price based on what other '02s were selling as well as options and condition of my car. From a sellers point of view I think we came up with a fair price. The car sold in three weeks and neither the buyer or I had any problems with the transaction.
My experience with Vette Net was very positive.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:25 PM
fleetc
Pro

I bought my 08 through Ken and will do it again for my next one. He did me right. He is a broker, not a dealer.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:35 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bottom line is you have to shop around. I'm not speaking specifically about Corvettes or forum dealers, but when car shopping I have never gotten the lowest price from the same dealer twice.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:39 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Thanks for the information.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:46 PM
adconti
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I bought from Corvette Conti, who gave me a great price. But that price was nearly matched to within a few hundred dollars by macmulkin. A few of the other forum dealers were within $500, and yet others were $1500 more, and told me they could just not sell for any less. Even with all the forum dealers, you still need to haggle. The dealer's only job in life is to get you to purchase a car from them, at the highest level $ you are willing to go. That's their job! They don't really have any other mission!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Vettin08
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

When I was narrowing down forum dealers, there was one I was talking to about anothers price (without mentioning names). He said they only offer that price to get you in the door and then you find out they have no allocation. That statement seemed a little bold, given that he didn't know the dealer I was talking about, nor did his statement about allocation prove to be true. As it happened, I got the better price through the other guy, and the order was immediately picked up by GM, no delays.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:46 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

He is a broker not a dealer so it is likely that you will pay more because of the service that he provides. I didn't have a problem with any of the forum dealers I contacted. The prices did vary by almost $1500 though.

Get notified of new replies

To Forum Dealer Experience

Old 04-06-2008, 09:51 PM
troutbum
Instructor

Vette Net 9is o.k. in my book , 05 purchase.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 PM
ZO6 Lee
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Anyone who buys without a bit of homework deserves the price s/he gets. Not just on cars ... on anything.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,676 Posts

I think feedback on any level helps forum members stay informed.

However, in all fairness to Ken, I had a great experience with him and felt the price was very competitive. And after this f@#*ing winter, it was a real joy to get her out today, clean her up and take her for a long ride.

I am sorry your experience did not got the way you would have hoped, or felt it should.

Quick Reply: Forum Dealer Experience