C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windows corvette theme

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:52 AM
deviant
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windows corvette theme

haha, thought some of you might get a kick out of this. its a theme package for some software called window blinds. i guess you can use it on windows vista or xp to change all of your windows. i havent used it, but came across this theme and had to laugh a bit. its for the more obsessed guys in the forum for sure!

Old 04-11-2008, 12:19 PM
NHNASCAR24
Instructor

That is WAY TOO cool!! What software package has it? Yes I am obsessed (or posessed as my wife says) with Corvettes!

Ron
Old 04-11-2008, 12:25 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

That is cool. A Google search brought up this. Did not check to see if this is it.

Stardock has released WindowBlinds 6.02. WindowBlinds is a program that allows users to change the look and feel of Windows XP and Windows Vista by applying a new visual style. Users can download thousands of free visual styles from websites such as WinCustomize.com, deviantART, SkinBase, Customize.org, and more.

Thanks to years of optimization, WindowBlinds not only won't slow down your computer, it is faster than Windows XP or Windows Vista is by default thanks to making use of video acceleration features in ATI, nVidia, and Intel-based video adapters. Moreover, WindowBlinds makes heavy use of resource sharing and as a result typically uses less memory than when using the default Windows XP or Windows Vista visual styles.

WindowBlinds 6.02 is a maintenance release designed fix some reported bugs, improve skin changing speed, and add support for MyColors themes.

WindowBlinds is a free download at http://www.windowblinds.net. Users can purchase an enhanced registered version which adds additional functionality for $19.95 (or get it as part of Object Desktop which adds several additional programs and costs $49.95).

Download: www.windowblinds.net
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
C6ToGo
Safety Car

Received 1,116 Likes on 693 Posts

Here is more - it's 20 bucks

This is really interesting. I didn't know you could replace EVERYTHING in the Windows Vista interface, including the Vista Orb. Corvette Theme for Windows Vista, created by Stardock for General Motors

The theme includes:

- A complete Corvette visual style that will change the entire user interface
- Icons and buttons focused on the Corvette brand
- An animated Corvette Media Player
- Corvette weather gadget that delivers user-customized information directly to you
- Handy Corvette clock and calendar gadgets for the ultimate customization experience
- Corvette engine “rev” sound lets you know when you have email and plays at startup
- Two Corvette wallpapers to choose from at launch, with additional downloadable wallpaper content updates

This theme (and a lot more) are avaialble from Stardocks. I was just browsing their catalogue and some of those themes are really nice.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:59 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I have this software and theme. It's ok, but not much functionality to it.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:00 PM
deviant
Instructor

okay, went to their website and it took me a couple minutes to find the pages, but they have a corvette one and a new camaro one which is kinda cool too. either way, its here http://www.stardock.com/products/myc...p?c=automotive

its for vista and xp, either or. dont know if you buy one if you actually get both versions. what if you want to put it on two computers that run different operating systems? either way, something fun for some of you
Old 04-11-2008, 01:15 PM
jkreis
Racer

That is too cool....
Old 04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Nd4spd2
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Cool
Old 04-11-2008, 05:48 PM