C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child Seat (LATCH) quesiton 2008 vette

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:33 PM
jbulkin
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child Seat (LATCH) quesiton 2008 vette

Hello all,

New Vette owner here and I have a question regarding LATCH systems. I just bought a 6.2L vette and found out that, according to the manual, only the ZO6 has the latch system. My daughter needs a booster seat and the one she has works specifically with the LATCH system.

My question is: can I purchase and replace my passenger seat with a 2008 Z06 passenger seat that has the LATCH system. Or can I add the latch system to my seat now.

Any idea of how much a Z06 seat costs?

Apologize in advance for my vette ignorance.

Many Thanks,
Joe
Old 05-25-2008, 02:28 PM
tbennett48
Advanced

The latch point in the Z06 is not part of the seat. It is located in the back cargo area just behind the passenger seat. The day we did our test drive we looked at an 08 Z06. Noticed the latch point and kind of laughed about their being provisions for a child seat in such a supercar. When we picked up our 08 Coupe, it did not have the same latch. Not sure why GM only included it in the Z06. Probably has something to do with the fixed roof.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:15 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

You just have to buy a car seat that allows you to use the seat belt.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:58 PM
jrjen2
Racer

I have a 2005 Vette and the passenger seat has the LATCH system. I put my daughter and her car seat in it all the time. Maybe GM changed the seats. You can look for the latch hook down where the back meets the bottom. There will be a little hole in the seat and you can find the hook in there by feeling for it. You can always find a car seat that can use the seat belt. Don't forget to turn the airbag off.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:19 AM
TLK
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'11

The 2008 owner's manual (available on the web) seems to indicate there are no LATCH points in any seats. However, the Z06 does have a top tether anchor in the floor of the hatch area. I've confirmed the anchor location during dealer visits but not the LATCH points.

perhaps LATCH points in the seat are no longer included?

In any case, remember that LATCH is only good up to 40 lbs. At that point it isn't robust enough anymore and you have to use the seat belts to hold the child seat anyway.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Guys:

I'm having the same issue with my 2004 Z06. It has the latch in the truck area, but no latches at the base of the seat itself. The base of the seat has labels that there are supposed to be hooks there to connect the seat to, but I can't find them in the seat at all In this day and age I can't understand why they are not there already.

Since I can't find the hooks in the seat, I am trying to find a child latch/hook that will mount to the 2x bolts at the rear of the seat where it mounts to the floor.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2035581

Toque

Get notified of new replies

To Child Seat (LATCH) quesiton 2008 vette

Quick Reply: Child Seat (LATCH) quesiton 2008 vette