C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Panel Discrepancy

Old 05-31-2008, 07:32 AM
Corpsvette
Melting Slicks

Received 177 Likes on 100 Posts

Default Rocker Panel Discrepancy

So I got my new rocker panel protectors/rails with jack pucks from CorvetteGarage. Very nice product by the way. Much better looking than the aluminum ones I had on the C5. Well, after 30 minutes of figuring our how to get the C6 off the ground (my C5 was much easier with Rhino Ramps) I started to install the protecting rails and noticed that they weren't going to protect the car towards the back of the rocker panel on the passenger sign. The backside of the rails were flush with the rocker panel. Hmmmm, were my new rails uneven? Nope, the rocker panel looks like it has a space or a huge glob of goop that has the rocker panel pushed down away from the car about 1/8". Needless to say my 3-year old man child started requiring my assistance (someone should have told me he needed to be fed regularly) and I got no further. The drivers side seems okay. I guess I am wondering if anyone else sees this on their rocker panels. I am wondering if I could has some industrial strength 3m double sided tape to shim the rail to serve its purpose.

Last edited by Corpsvette; 05-31-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Addtl info

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rocker Panel Discrepancy