C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kerbeck Did Not Make Me Happy Today

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:15 AM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Kerbeck Did Not Make Me Happy Today

for the past two days I have been on the phone with Nancy from Kerbeck sales talking to her about a 3lt on their website I wanted to buy. I asked how to hold the car till I got there as I am out of state, I asked how long they would hold the car since I have a trip coming up next week etc. I was told to hold the car to send a check, which I was more than willing to do. Nancy said she would get back to me as soon as she got the answers to the questions I had asked. She never called me back(yesterday) I called this morning and left a message and she called, after some banter I asked again how long could they hold the car? I then said look I can make it down there next thursday can you hold the call till then, remember now I would send the check as they requested...she said let me call you back which she did and said they cant hold the car they sold it last night. NOW, that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. They said they would hold the car for 1000 bucks, no problem just tell me where to send the check which would take two days to get there anyway, and to be working a deal on a car with an out of state buyer who wants the car and is willing to do what they ask ie deposit wise, an not hold the car during this negotiations is to me "typical car salesmanship" ...ok i vented perhaps God is telling me to be happy with my C2 and stay away from the new ones...go figure. "KERBECK YOU LET ME DOWN "
Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
scottycards
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I'd say call them up and talk to them. Now you've maybe got a little more negotiating leverage. They want your business, and they apparently do a great job, judging from their customer reviews here on the forum.

Stay after it, and ask for a few bucks off for your inconvenience!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:20 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Do what I do. Look at the best deal these guys offer and take it to your local dealer. Usually they will match it within the price of a plane ticket. Obviously the economy is too good for some dealers right now.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

they wouldn't take a credit card deposit? my dealer did when i ordered my car.

just means theres a better deal out there for you good luck
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

maybe they never had the car in the first place, left it on the website to generate interest?
0Rage@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Not the only game in town, do some more research!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 AM
RED2008Z06
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure you can find the same car elsewhere, good luck in your search...
Old 06-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Jimmy G.
Racer

Go someplace else.

It's not like people are lining up to buy $50,000 cars.

I ordered mine at a local dealer here in NJ; Lucas Chev. in Mt. Holly, and couldn't be happier with the whole experience (including the first oil change service).
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

on my great vette search, i had 3 dealerships in three different states to go look out, on my way to the first one they i called them half way there and said the vette just sold!.. ahh,, do i deverted to the next place, they called me an hour later and said it sold too. then i headed to the 3rd place and finally got the sales lady to steal the keys from the floor guy. when i got there their were two customers looking at MY future vette, and the floor salesman were tearing up the place looking for the keys!! HHEHE.. i went to her office and we went and did a test drive. SOLD!! made some enemys im sure! oh well.!!
Topless
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by CMY SIX
maybe they never had the car in the first place, left it on the website to generate interest?

With 100+ Corvettes on the lot, I doubt Kerbeck has to play those games.

OP, my issue wouldn't be with Kerbeck, it would be with your salesperson. My guess is she is brand new. Kerbeck is the largest Corvette dealer in the country, and I'm sure they sell cars to out of state buyers all day long. For a salesperson to not know how to place a hold on a car and to have to ask someone else tells me she's new.

Send a PM to Dave at Kerbeck. He's their sales guy who interfaces with the forum. You'll get much better service from him than you did from Nancy.

And don't get discouraged. There are 6000+ 08s sitting on dealers' lots just waiting for you. The right car is out there somewhere.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:37 AM
mkr3686
Instructor

That sucks.

I had sent an email to Dave a few weeks ago asking about pricing on a new vette as well as what type of financing they have available now and if they would be interested in a trade I had.

I never received any response back after almost 3 weeks now. I decided to contact my local chevy dealer to discuss a purchase and if that doesn't work out the way I want it to, I will go talk to EVS.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:38 AM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

It all comes down to who you talk to at a dealership. Some know more than others at a dealership, some can make things happen at a dealership, and some shouldn't be at a dealership. All dealers aren't for everybody.

Regardless of the flubup, call another forum dealer and ask how bad they want you as a customer.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Lwink13
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Kerbeck and ask to speak to Harry Boyer
Old 06-04-2008, 11:43 AM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RED2008Z06
I'm sure you can find the same car elsewhere, good luck in your search...
Keep looking. You will find the C6 you want at the deal you want. There are plenty out there.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:46 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrage1
Not the only game in town, do some more research!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:47 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
for the past two days I have been on the phone with Nancy from Kerbeck sales talking to her about a 3lt on their website I wanted to buy. I asked how to hold the car till I got there as I am out of state, I asked how long they would hold the car since I have a trip coming up next week etc. I was told to hold the car to send a check, which I was more than willing to do. Nancy said she would get back to me as soon as she got the answers to the questions I had asked. She never called me back(yesterday) I called this morning and left a message and she called, after some banter I asked again how long could they hold the car? I then said look I can make it down there next thursday can you hold the call till then, remember now I would send the check as they requested...she said let me call you back which she did and said they cant hold the car they sold it last night. NOW, that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. They said they would hold the car for 1000 bucks, no problem just tell me where to send the check which would take two days to get there anyway, and to be working a deal on a car with an out of state buyer who wants the car and is willing to do what they ask ie deposit wise, an not hold the car during this negotiations is to me "typical car salesmanship" ...ok i vented perhaps God is telling me to be happy with my C2 and stay away from the new ones...go figure. "KERBECK YOU LET ME DOWN "
Damn Peter, sorry that happened. I'm surprised that Dave or Harry didn't get involved as this was a forum deal. You going to share some details about the car? Have you tried the JeffHardy lookup tool to see if there is a similar car and perhaps a similar deal out there elsewhere?

http://www.jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php

Paul
Old 06-04-2008, 11:52 AM
knkali
Melting Slicks

their rep is very good on this forum. I think they will work things out in the end. I would try again. It might take a few more weeks but I think that in the end you will get what you want. Remember, they are there to sell cars. If your check is in the mail and they have an offer and your is not in their hand yet, IMHO it is fair game to sell the car. However, I would suggest using your cc over the phone next time to secure the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Kerbeck Did Not Make Me Happy Today

Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 AM
ghostrunner
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mkr3686
That sucks.

I had sent an email to Dave a few weeks ago asking about pricing on a new vette as well as what type of financing they have available now and if they would be interested in a trade I had.

I never received any response back after almost 3 weeks now. I decided to contact my local chevy dealer to discuss a purchase and if that doesn't work out the way I want it to, I will go talk to EVS.
I can relate to this. I called Dave directly on the phone about one and he said would call back. To this day have never heard from him. But did go get one at the same price 100 miles from home for the same car and didn't have to figure out to go get it.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:54 AM
HawaiiC6
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DUMAN
they wouldn't take a credit card deposit? my dealer did when i ordered my car.

just means theres a better deal out there for you good luck
In this day and age who writes checks, they could have taken the info right there and the car would have been on hold.

Really sorry to hear about this problem hope they see this and wake up.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:55 AM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
I can relate to this. I called Dave directly on the phone about one and he said would call back. To this day have never heard from him. But did go get one at the same price 100 miles from home for the same car and didn't have to figure out to go get it.
Getting to be more business that they can handle?

Quick Reply: Kerbeck Did Not Make Me Happy Today