C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Boat Fusion C6 "Retro" Bi-mode Exhaust System Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 06:50 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13
Default Billy Boat Fusion C6 "Retro" Bi-mode Exhaust System Sale!

Please contact me via pm or email for the Corvette Forum member Discount Sale Price!

4 inch round tip C6 Fusion "retro" systems, and 4.5 inch Oval tip C6 Fusion "retro" systems. Dont wait, Get yours now!

Shipping is Free in the 48 contiguous US states, contact me about shipping AK or HI.

This package would include the New Billy Boat Fusion mufflers for the 2005-2009 C6 that are a direct bolt in for the LS2 and LS3 C6 with stock exhaust manifolds and mid-pipe, as well as the Billy Boat vacuum control retrofit system so that you will have functioning butterflies that open and close at the push of a button on the keyfob remote. The Billy Boat vacuum retrofit kit enables any 2005-2009 C6 that didnt have NPP bi-mode exhaust from the factory to easily add the bi-mode exhaust option to their car.

The Billy Boat vacuum control retrofit kit uses the most reliable source for vacuum, engine vacuum, to supply the souce of vacuum to close the butterflies in the exhaust.

Get the best Bi-mode exhasut available, the Billy Boat C6 Fusion mufflers with 2.5" over axle pipes that are a direct bolt in to any 2005-2008 C6, and the B+B Fusion Vacuum retrofit kit with wireless controller so that you can add the bi-mode system to ANY C6. Your choice of 4" Quad Round tips or 4.5" Quad Oval tips. (B+B X-pipe not included in this package). Retail price is normally $2050 for this setup. Contact me for the CF member price.

Shipping is Free in the 48 contiguous US states, contact me about shipping AK or HI.

Get the Best Bi-mode mufflers in the world, the Billy Boat Fusions, with the most reliable vacuum control system available, all in one package!

Dont wait for back ordered, damaged GM NPP mufflers. Get yourself the best exhaust system right now!

This is a great opportunity to upgrade to the best bi-mode exhaust system in the world and save some money while doing it. You cant go wrong!

Each system is hand built recently by B&B in the USA , so the system you will get is not old shelf stock, it is freshly made and in perfect condition.

If you dont know about the Billy Boat Fusions here is a description from their website .:

What is bi-modal exhaust?
The Fusion is a bi-modal exhaust system, meaning it has two passages, or modes, that the exhaust can travel through the muffler. Each of the mufflers has two outlets, with one side having a butterfly type valve which allows the exhaust flow to be shut off, regulating which side of the muffler the flows exhaust. One side of the muffler is the “quiet” side, and one side is the “loud” side. The “quiet” side is a smaller, muffled and chambered tube, while the “loud” side is 3” tubing straight through.

How loud is it?
Through our development and customer feedback we have shortend the muffler for 2008, making the “loud” side of the muffler “louder”, which results in a tone similar to the famous Bullet system. In the closed position the tone would be slightly louder than the standard Route 66 system.

What controls the valves?
The butterfly is controlled by a vacuum valve, which we built and developed completely in house. On the Z06 and the 2008 C6 with the NPP option, this valve is controlled by the ECU. The valve opens based on RPM and throttle position. The problem is the factory exhaust is very quiet, even with the valve open. Our expertise here at B&B is getting the “tone” right for your Corvette, and we think we nailed this one. Even in the closed position, the tone is deeper, louder, and more aggressive. Open the valves, the overall volume and tone increases to the point heads will turn when you drive up.

What if I have a standard C6?
Not everybody has a Z06 or the 2008 with NPP, right? Billy Boat Performance Exhaust has spent months developing a stand-alone kit which allows any C6 to take advantage of the bi-modal system. The kit come complete with all the wiring, wireless control switch, vacuum line, vacuum accumulator, and vacuum switch needed for installation. We have used the engine as the vacuum source (it is the same port the factory uses for the NPP) and the installation is simple and straight forward.

Is the system 2 ½” or 3”?
On the Z06 the system is 3”, while on the C6 it is 2 ½”. We do have an x-pipe available for both systems, and the standard C6 can be ordered in the 3” diameter to make a complete 3” system.

Will they bolt up to my stock H pipe or my stock headers?
Each part of the system will fit to a stock H-pipe or the stock headers.

Billy Boat has combined the best of the Bullet exhaust with the best new technology to give you the Fusion System for your Corvette. The muffler tips are double walled, 4" round or 4.5" oval. The entire system comes completely polished and the result is a truly spectacular look and sound that gives this high performance sports car the look and aggressive sound which will have heads turning everywhere you go.

All B&B products are precision built in rugged fixtures, completely TIG welded, and are a direct replacement for stock exhaust components and include all hardware and gaskets. No machining, no cutting and no welding means easy installation. We provide the perfect mix of performance, sound and style your Corvette . Each Billy Boat Performance Exhaust system is backed by a lifetime warranty against rust, corrosion or burn through and 2 full years against defects in materials or workmanship.

Here are a few pictures of these top quality mufflers that I took:

Here is a comparison of the Massive B+B 4" round tips compared to the Z06/NPP mufflers tips.

Here are some pictures from Billy Boat's website:

Videos are available at www.bbexhaust.com .

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 04-21-2009 at 05:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:56 AM
AT T 2D
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 38 Posts

I bought mine on one of the his last group buys and they are great as was his service! I like having the control to have it loud when I want and relatively quiet at other times.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Gramps
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw this setup at Bloomington Gold, even more attractive in person!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:21 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by AT T 2D
I bought mine on one of the his last group buys and they are great as was his service! I like having the control to have it loud when I want and relatively quiet at other times.
Thanks for the kind words.

Glad you are enjoying your Fusion setup!

Ben
Old 06-28-2008, 11:27 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Gramps
Saw this setup at Bloomington Gold, even more attractive in person!
This is one of the best exhaust systems ever available for the C6.

I love mine!

Ben
Old 06-29-2008, 07:12 AM
spinedoc77
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much louder than the NPP's are these in both open and closed mode? Also how much for the package for non NPP owners for a 08?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:45 AM
CORVETTE007
Pro

Originally Posted by spinedoc77
How much louder than the NPP's are these in both open and closed mode? Also how much for the package for non NPP owners for a 08?
Old 08-10-2008, 03:10 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by CORVETTE007
If you go to the B&B site they have a Db comparison between the Fusion and stock mufflers.

The Fusions are louder in the open and closed modes than the NPP or Z06 mufflers.

Ben

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 02-26-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:01 PM
thejerseydevil
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Can you let me know exactly what I need to change a 2008 M6 Convertible Z51 w/ factory exhaust (no NPP)?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Stoop Ed
Heel & Toe

Just wondering if replacing the stock mufflers with aftermarket ones such as B&B Fusions would adversely affect the GM warranty?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:39 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Stoop Ed
Just wondering if replacing the stock mufflers with aftermarket ones such as B&B Fusions would adversely affect the GM warranty?
Cat Back exhausts should not affect the GM factory warranty.

If you need any other info, let me know.

Ben
Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Dwarflord
Advanced

I can't figure out what the biggest differences are between your NPP in a box and the others. Will I have to drill holes? More holes, less holes? Quality of materials? Engineering? Im trying to find the differentiator, if you wouldnt mind elaborating on the pros of your system vs. others that would help me.
thanks,
Old 02-26-2009, 09:46 AM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

I would like these how much loader are they than GM NPP or are they the same/ please pm me
Old 02-26-2009, 05:24 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Red Rochester
I would like these how much loader are they than GM NPP or are they the same/ please pm me
PM sent
Old 02-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Sportsdude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at the sound comparison chart, not much difference between open and closed, averaging about 2 dBA. Anyone know the difference between open and closed of the factory NPP?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

The Fusion in closed mode is a little quieter than NPP's in loud open mode.

The Fusions in Loud mode are louder than the NPP in loud open mode.

The Fusions are significantly louder than a stock non NPP muffler.

The NPP mufflers are whisper quiet closed, and loud open.

The Fusions are fairly aggressive when in closed mode, and even louder open. They are not whisper quiet when closed like the GM NPP's or Z06 cans.

Exterior Sound Level Tests
700 RPM¹ 4000 RPM²
Stock 67 dBA 79 dBA
Route 66 67 dBA 89 dBA
Bullet 77 dBA 104 dBA
FUSION Open 76 dBA 100 dBA
FUSION Closed 70 dBA 92 dBA
Exterior tests were conducted on a C6 with an automatic transmission, from 10ft behind the car. ¹Idle. ² RevUp.

These tests are at low rpm
RPM 1200 1300 1000
MPH 40 60 75
Stock 71 dBA 73 dBA 77 dBA
Route 66 74 dBA 74 dBA 79 dBA
Bullet 75 dBA 77 dBA 82 dBA
FUSION Open 75 dBA 77 dBA 80 dBA
FUSION Closed 74 dBA 75 dBA 78 dBA
Measured during normal, cruising driving conditions.

100 MPH¹ 120 MPH²
Stock 80 dBA 85 dBA
Route 66 84 dBA 88 dBA
Bullet 92 dBA 94 dBA
FUSION Open91 dBA 93 dBA
FUSION 85 dBA 89 dBA
¹Gradual Acceleration. ²Hard Acceleration.

Last edited by SunsetOrangeCreations; 02-27-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice.

Get notified of new replies

To Billy Boat Fusion C6 "Retro" Bi-mode Exhaust System Sale!

Old 02-27-2009, 07:41 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by danl72
Very nice.
Let me know when you need a set!

Ben
Old 05-14-2009, 03:21 AM
mi253
Advanced

Do you have fusion with key fob Billy boat? Interested in BB headers, highflow cats, x-pipe and fusions to finish / have 05' c-6 Z-51 Russ /mi253
Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

Contact me for a quote!

Ben

Quick Reply: Billy Boat Fusion C6 "Retro" Bi-mode Exhaust System Sale!