C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you have your build sheet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 866 Likes on 397 Posts

No. I'll probably be taking a dirt nap by the time anyone is interested in a build sheet for a C6.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Sherman Fretwell
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ALVetteFan
I was fortunate enough to get my build sheet at the end of the assembly line. However, I just got an e-mail from the NCM the other day that might interest you. It says in part, " Limited Year Corvette Build Sheet "Originals" Available

We have obtained a limited number of original Corvette build sheets from the Corvette Assembly Plant and are offering them for sale through our Resource Center . We have random build sheets on Corvettes produced from 2002-2007.

These are “not” reproduction copies and many are marked, tattered and worn from the journey through the build process. Contact the Resource Center at: (800) 53-VETTE to find out if your 2002-2007 build sheet is available prior to purchase. "

If you go to their website http://www.corvettemuseum.com/
look at the third item of information in the center of the home page.

I hope this helps.
AlVetteFan,

Props to you and thanks for the information. I called them this AM and had a very pleasant chat with Betty. They're checking and will call back to let me know whether or not they have it to sell. Very cool if it happens.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:20 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by Makai2200
Although sad but true, GM just figured out another way to make some more money
You buy them from the Corvette Museum, not GM.

And to the OP - I got a laminated version w/ my museum delivery. They also laminated my window sticker for me...... they were
Old 08-11-2008, 10:52 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 547 Likes on 335 Posts

i was fortunate to get all the papers on my vert during the buyers tour. i have the suspension worksheet, brake line worksheet, trim run sheet, chassis run sheet, 4 tire/wheel tags and the build sheet.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Sherman Fretwell
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update. They had the sheet and I bought it.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:53 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Sherman Fretwell
They have mine too. I'm picking it up week after next while I'm in town.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:23 PM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Old 08-12-2008, 08:57 PM
rhoward2
Racer

Old 08-12-2008, 10:30 PM
ALVetteFan
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sherman Fretwell
Congratulations.

At some point I may order a backup copy, but right now I have the real deal with smudges and masking tape. Since this was my first Vette, it is really special to me.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:26 AM
2002fb
Racer

The museum called today and said they have mine, it's on the way.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:44 AM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
The build sheet does not, nor has it ever had the build date on it. The build sheet is the process instruction and routing that the car takes while it is being built. Since the build sheet is the instruction for the car, it needs to be produced prior to the car. No real way for it to get printed with the build date since when it is printed there isn't even a car. It is usually made a week to two weeks ahead of the start of the final assembly of the car and travels with the other sub assemblies of the vehicle that will all come together with the car on the final assembly line.

The codes on the build sheet are simply part numbers, reference codes or bin numbers. There is no database of those codes publicly available. If you have something specific you would like answered post it here. These do not necessarily speak to options nor RPO's. For example, the other information on the build sheet is specific to what electrical harness they are using and that will tie to what other features are installed in the car based on the PEG (1LT, 2LT, 3LT).
My thanks to Talon90, for his wisdom, knowledge and willingness to share with forum members.

I'm sure others will also find the information interesting if not helpfull.

Questions, always questions.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 AM
MARTEASE C6
Instructor

Great info and thanks to all who provided it, but how would I go about finding out my build date? I bought my lady used so I didnt get the joy of the museum pick up or tour.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 547 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by MARTEASE C6
Great info and thanks to all who provided it, but how would I go about finding out my build date? I bought my lady used so I didnt get the joy of the museum pick up or tour.
i don't know any way except to find someone with a vin within 130-160 of yours that knows the date (if they did a buyers tour or NCM delivery). you would then know within one day. good luck.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by MARTEASE C6
Anyone with access to the GM VIS (vehicle information system) can run your VIN and it lists the actual build date of the car. Forum member GMautotech (David) will do this routinely for members. Just send him a private message. You can find his profile here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/member.php?u=221526
Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
MARTEASE C6
Instructor

That is awesome!!! Thanks a bunch
Old 08-13-2008, 10:21 AM
9C1
Pro

Anyone with access to the GM VIS (vehicle information system) can run your VIN and it lists the actual build date of the car. Forum member GMautotech (David) will do this routinely for members. Just send him a private message. You can find his profile here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/member.php?u=221526
Not to be too terrible picky, but the VIS system is not exact. We should probably first define what we mean by "birthday." I count the day it came off the end of the assembly line. I stood there and watched at 7:45 AM. VIS shows the build day as the next day. In the bigger scheme of things, it is not too big a deal, but we should know it is an approximate build date.

Of course there is always a chance that someone made a typo for mine.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:27 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by 9C1
Not to be too terrible picky, but the VIS system is not exact. We should probably first define what we mean by "birthday." I count the day it came off the end of the assembly line. I stood there and watched at 7:45 AM. VIS shows the build day as the next day. In the bigger scheme of things, it is not too big a deal, but we should know it is an approximate build date.

Of course there is always a chance that someone made a typo for mine.
Understood. It may not be exact but it is the only date of record anywhere for the car. Short of standing there and watching the car roll out the back door, there is no record other than the VIS. That is the date that GM counts as the build date and that is when it is released for shipment. The car isn't built until it is released.

Get notified of new replies

To Do you have your build sheet?

Old 08-13-2008, 10:43 AM
9C1
Pro

Released for shipment would explain it.

I always thought of it as "off the end of the line," so that would account for the minor difference. Of course, if I hadn't taken the "buyer's tour" I never would have known.

I know with the older cars (early C3s) they sometimes changed slightly when they counted the car as complete, and that skews some of the numbers for us history buffs.
Terry
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
lennyg
Instructor

Default Message in a Bottle

Short of being lucky enough to retrieve one during a buyers tour at the assembly plant the only way to get it is to order a duplicate from the National Corvette Museum.

https://store.corvettemuseum.com/ser...buildsheet.asp

The build sheets are no longer hidden in the car. They are discarded at the end of the assembly process.
While on tour during the 2007 Bash we noticed the line folks stuffing a rolled copy of the build sheet in the steel box section of the front bumper reinforcement. Might this still be going on?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
ClovisFox
Drifting

In addition to my build sheet, I managed to obtain a computer screen shot while my 2008 (VIN 1640) was being built last July. Pretty cool huh?

Gene...

Quick Reply: Do you have your build sheet?