C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with C6 2008 NEW car....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 AM
cranky
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shopdog
The OnStar module may be causing the problem with communications on the Class II bus. The module is located in the right rear of the car under the floor of the passenger side storage cubby. Since OnStar isn't available in your country, I would remove this module from the car as a propalactic measure. The other well known issue with the Class II bus is the factory radio, it has been known to prevent the Tech II from programming the BCM. Always pull the radio fuse when attempting to program the BCM.

Please ignore all of the people telling you to disconnect the battery to "reset" things. It won't reset anything other than cause you to have to redo window indexing. Everything else in a C6 is stored in NVRAM, pulling the battery won't reset anything. This disconnect the battery business is just folklore from the C4 days.

Since the car was fine for 200 miles after it was shipped to you, it is unlikely anything came loose during shipping. However, depending on the condition of your roads, something may have shaken loose after you drove it for 200 miles. But a loose or open connection wouldn't interfere with Class II bus communications between other modules, just the one that came loose would be affected. So a loose connection is unlikely. A short is more likely. Look for chaffing of Class II bus cabling. This bus goes all over the car, so an exhaustive search where wires cross metal will be required.

Most likely, though, is a module problem. I suspect the BCM has a fault. It is possible that the IPC has a fault, but I'm more inclined to suspect the BCM.
listen to the dog. he is very highly qualified on these cars. has been very helpful to others on this forum.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:58 AM
Tiago Brito Ferreira
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cranky
listen to the dog. he is very highly qualified on these cars. has been very helpful to others on this forum.
I've bought a new BCM, I will try it next week.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Beach21
Racer

I've sent you a Private Message. Please read
Old 12-30-2008, 02:12 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 547 Likes on 375 Posts

I don't think OnStar works in the Southern Hemisphere. Probably best to call the Florida dealer you bought the car from ...maybe they can help.

My car made many of the same symptoms when the battery voltage became low. I disconnected the battery and left the battery disconnected overnight. Next day I charged the battery...it took a long time to charge since it must have been very flat (dead). Reconnected the battery and everything was OK.
Old 12-30-2008, 09:15 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bump
Old 12-30-2008, 10:06 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is a shame that the Corvette Bowling Green factory is closed until about Feb. 23. I would say to Email your list of codes to them, might try anyways, somebody might be monitoring the factory website. Just a long shot at this point with GM problems. Good luck!

Update: I just recently had my car to the dealer because of memories causing ALL types of electrical problems. It had been checked in June for battery but this time it had a battery testing code error and the dealer replaced with new battery and it has been working fine since. The service manager commented to me that a battery can cause all types of computer problems in the car if it has a problem but is not dead.

Yes, I realize that you have replaced the battery, might try again, you never know!

Last edited by 2006c6keller; 12-31-2008 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Update battery problem
Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

This sounds like an alternator problem to me. Since the BCM & ECM are communicating at startup. My two cents.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I wonder if the car was ever in a flood?

Last edited by Maui; 12-31-2008 at 12:46 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Fastcar
Racer

Originally Posted by Maui
I wonder if the car was ever in a flood?
He said it was new from the dealer. But.....you have to wonder.

Hopefully he will let us know what he finds.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Fastcar
Racer

Just a thought. Perhaps the performance or tune forums might have a answer. Somebody there might have run across this before and know how to straighten it out.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:01 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller
It is a shame that the Corvette Bowling Green factory is closed until about Feb. 23. I would say to Email your list of codes to them, might try anyways, somebody might be monitoring the factory website. Just a long shot at this point with GM problems. Good luck!

Update: I just recently had my car to the dealer because of memories causing ALL types of electrical problems. It had been checked in June for battery but this time it had a battery testing code error and the dealer replaced with new battery and it has been working fine since. The service manager commented to me that a battery can cause all types of computer problems in the car if it has a problem but is not dead.

Yes, I realize that you have replaced the battery, might try again, you never know!
I just wanted you to note my update. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Tiago Brito Ferreira
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fastcar
He said it was new from the dealer. But.....you have to wonder.

Hopefully he will let us know what he finds.
I've suppose that the car never been in a flood ( I hope ) ... But I'm not sure that the people of Maroone Pines in Miami are not honest, I've talked with Mr. Girard Service Manager and Tommy Sales Man, they know that the car was for exportation and now they are denied warranty. I propose to send the part with problem to them but they don’t have interested in help me. They have a very bad support and attention, they are only interested to get our money.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:46 AM
Tiago Brito Ferreira
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller
I just wanted you to note my update. Thanks!
Sorry about the delay on my reply. I’ve changed the BCM today, and the car present other problems. Now we will thy again the battery. I’ll post the reply asap. Thanks every body for help me !!!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Bobz08C6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In addition to the help you get from your friends here at the CF you would do yourself a favor by referring your problem to a good Chevy dealer in your area.

In additon you might send a note to the Bowling Green Assembly Plant to get some help from them. My experience in the past is that when an assembly plant shuts down the salary people still report to work (I know I did along with all the other plant salary people) so someone may be available to help you.

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/home.htm

Please keep posting your results here. Since you bought the car new there might be an avenue to help you out. I hope your car gets healthy in a hurry. Isn't it summer in Brazil?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:51 PM
KarlK
Team Owner

Received 51 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira
Sorry about the delay on my reply. I’ve changed the BCM today, and the car present other problems. Now we will thy again the battery. I’ll post the reply asap. Thanks every body for help me !!!
You can't just change the BCM, it needs programmed by a Tech II if I'm not mistaken.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 PM
mbzboy
Advanced

Default Was going to offer...

Was going to offer to bring you any parts you need, but noticed you are located close to Brasilia and I will be flying into SP.

But, then shipping from SP would be lots cheaper than from the US.

Leaving Thursday, 8 January.

Abracos
Old 01-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Bobz08C6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KarlK
You can't just change the BCM, it needs programmed by a Tech II if I'm not mistaken.
That's true. It needs to be programmed for your exact VIN.

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with C6 2008 NEW car....

Old 01-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Gofan
Instructor

Default actually they speak both

Originally Posted by abda53
Nice try, but in Brazil they speak Portuguese, not Spanish.

only deepest parts only speak portugese
Old 01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ttt
Old 01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Tiago Brito Ferreira
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bobz08C6
In addition to the help you get from your friends here at the CF you would do yourself a favor by referring your problem to a good Chevy dealer in your area.

In additon you might send a note to the Bowling Green Assembly Plant to get some help from them. My experience in the past is that when an assembly plant shuts down the salary people still report to work (I know I did along with all the other plant salary people) so someone may be available to help you.

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/home.htm

Please keep posting your results here. Since you bought the car new there might be an avenue to help you out. I hope your car gets healthy in a hurry. Isn't it summer in Brazil?
Hi Bobz08c6; I've sent an e-mail for this web site but they don't reply... They usually reply ?

Quick Reply: Problem with C6 2008 NEW car....