C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trapped in car

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 08:47 AM
luvlake
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Trapped in car

This has happened to me twice. I turn off the car but don't get out. Later I go to push the button to get out and I cannot get out. The only way to get out is to pull the lever at the bottom of the seat. Any idea what causes this situation?
Old 10-11-2008, 08:53 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by luvlake
This has happened to me twice. I turn off the car but don't get out. Later I go to push the button to get out and I cannot get out. The only way to get out is to pull the lever at the bottom of the seat. Any idea what causes this situation?
If you have the auto-lock feature enabled the car will lock and power down. Once that has happened it is disabling the door buttons. You should be able to press the unlock button on the fob to "wake" the systems back up again. Another option is to press the door power lock button as soon as you shut off the car. Doing this will disable the anti-theft system. You should then be able to press the unlock button and use the door switch as you need to.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:05 AM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by talon90
If you have the auto-lock feature enabled the car will lock and power down. Once that has happened it is disabling the door buttons. You should be able to press the unlock button on the fob to "wake" the systems back up again. Another option is to press the door power lock button as soon as you shut off the car. Doing this will disable the anti-theft system. You should then be able to press the unlock button and use the door switch as you need to.
Originally Posted by luvlake
You can also put the car into "accessory mode" by pressing the bottom of the ignition (I presume the FOB is in your pocket) and this will bring the car "back to life."
Old 10-11-2008, 10:26 AM
tfkrato
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this exact problem. Suggest you reach over and try the passenger door next time to see if it opens - my passenger door worked fine (remember to press unlock button). I also found that the window switches on the driver door would not work. This would happen intermittently - some times everything worked fine, other times I had these issues.

Turned out to be a bad computer module in the door. All the functions powered through the door (open, windows) are all tied to this module. Dealer replaced the module in the door under warranty and everything has been fine since.

Last edited by tfkrato; 10-12-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Trapped in car

Quick Reply: Trapped in car