C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 corvette dead battery and key latch wont work

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
crash18
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 corvette dead battery and key latch wont work

hello i have a 2005 corvette and i have a dead battery the frob wont work and i tried the key latch ket and it wont go into the key slot i am wondering if its the wrong key when i bought the car is there a chip on the hatch ket and what can i do so i can get into my car thanks. in closing new forum and i will post more infor.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by crash18
hello i have a 2005 corvette and i have a dead battery the frob wont work and i tried the key latch ket and it wont go into the key slot i am wondering if its the wrong key when i bought the car is there a chip on the hatch ket and what can i do so i can get into my car thanks. in closing new forum and i will post more infor.
The rear hatch does not have a chip. Sometimes the key needs a little force to get it in. If all else fails you can attach a battery charger to the starter solenoid and charge the battery. Wait 10 minuets or more before trying to open the door.

Attach the charger to the copper fittling.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Daniel Redfoot
Racer

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ear+lock+heads
Old 10-27-2008, 11:18 AM
crash18
6th Gear

thanks for the replies i had to spray a little bit of wd 40 in the key tumbler and i have a rear camera on the car and the camera is mounted in top of the liscense plate frame and i thought i had the right angle for the key to go into the tumbler but i guess i didnt it has to be aligned perfect or the key wont go all the way into the tumbler very finnicky LOL. problem solved thank again
Old 10-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

thanks for the replies i had to spray a little bit of wd 40 in the key tumbler and i have a rear camera on the car and the camera is mounted in top of the liscense plate frame and i thought i had the right angle for the key to go into the tumbler but i guess i didnt it has to be aligned perfect or the key wont go all the way into the tumbler very finnicky LOL. problem solved thank again

Sometimes we're better than the owner's manual.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 corvette dead battery and key latch wont work

Quick Reply: 2005 corvette dead battery and key latch wont work