C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z Frank Chevrolet Now Mike Anderson Chevrolet in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Z Frank Chevrolet Now Mike Anderson Chevrolet in Chicago

Mike Anderson Chevrolet has purchased Z-Frank Chevrolet.

This is now the only Chevrolet dealership on the entire North Side of Chicago located at 5301 W Irving Park Road. And to my knowledge this may be the only Chevy dealership in the entire city of Chicago.

I purchased my 09 from Z-Frank back in September. Of course I was very concerned with a new ownership. But, I have met Mr. Anderson and found him to be a very nice guy and a very proactive owner. Seeing a owner in the service department for the first time in my life was nice to see a owner that is concerned about his entire dealership. I have also been impressed with his knowledge and commitment to Corvettes.

Mike Anderson also has a dealership in Merrillville Indiana.

The General Manager Joe McQuillen is the type of manager concerned about the customer after the sale as much as he did before. Customer service is a priority with Joe and this dealership.

We recently had a nice day in Chicago. During this period I brought my Vette in for service. Was I impressed. They have a mechanic that is a total gear head. This guy wears clean gloves when inside the car. The service was performed quickly and very efficient.

I wish Mike Anderson the very best with this new dealership. It took guts and ambition to buy a Chevrolet dealership in these times. I'm certain he will do well.

So, if you live in or near Chicago check this dealership out. And support them as we are losing Chevy dealerships in the area on a record pace.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:48 PM
NORDIC
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been 15 years since I left Chicago for Phoenix. Who was the dealer that was near Western and Peterson I believe? And you have yourself one heck of a winter and a lot of snow. Should be melted by May or June! Stay warm and dry
Old 01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Great memory. Z-Frank moved this summer from Western ave and bought out Lynch Chevrolet on Irving Park rd. Then a few short months sold the dealership to Mike Anderson. Chicago has lost at least 4 Chevy dealerships.

The coldest and most snow in 10 years. Al Gore. Where is this global warming you been pedaling?

Last edited by Never Say Never; 01-12-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:07 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Never Say Never
This is now the only Chevrolet dealership on the entire North Side of Chicago located at 5301 W Irving Park Road. And to my knowledge this may be the only Chevy dealership in the entire city of Chicago.
That's amazing for a big city like Chicago - where I live we have 3 about 5 miles apart from each other. We had 4 but one got bought out and they closed it.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
MARVIN 34
Burning Brakes

i remember Z-FRANK, any of you guys remember NIKKI CHEVY ?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 PM
rhedrich
Pro

Default Showing my Age

How about Long Chevy in elmhurst. At one time one of the big deal in chicagoland and then in the 80 boom his treasurer stole his cash and GM came and took the cars.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 PM
NORDIC
Intermediate

I believe Nikki used to be on Irving park just west of Cicero Ave by six corners. I used to work at Long Chevy in 1978.
Bob
Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

There may be a few Chevy dealers on the Southside of Chicago. But, if you know the city it is another world on the Southside and not easy to get to. The Northside has only Anderson. The suburbs of Chicago also have some dealers. Many have gone out of business.

Last edited by Never Say Never; 01-13-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:17 AM
NevadaVette
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys all waxed nostalgic but forgot Ferrell-Hicks Chevrolet, where the Chicago Corvette Club was started.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Norm66
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by MARVIN 34
i remember Z-FRANK, any of you guys remember NIKKI CHEVY ?
Nikki with the backwards "K"! That brings back a lot of memories.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:10 AM
MARVIN 34
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NevadaVette
You guys all waxed nostalgic but forgot Ferrell-Hicks Chevrolet, where the Chicago Corvette Club was started.

57th & western ave , my grandfather got his last chevy there in 1960 and my uncle would always go to TONY PIET PONTIAC, a few blocks south. i also remember those BERT WEINMAN FORD commercials on WGN . WESTERN AVE was always a show room.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:55 AM
C6CPA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Norm66
Nikki with the backwards "K"! That brings back a lot of memories.

"Nikki, Nikki, Nikki, Nikki, Nikki Chevrolet. With the backwards K."
Old 01-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Gramps
Burning Brakes

What is the sales tax environment in the City of Chicago? When I lived in Illinois, different century, I know there was a personal property tax on autos. Is there an Illinois sales tax on auto purchases? Isn't the sales tax in the city of Chicago quite high?
Old 01-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Gramps
What is the sales tax environment in the City of Chicago? When I lived in Illinois, different century, I know there was a personal property tax on autos. Is there an Illinois sales tax on auto purchases? Isn't the sales tax in the city of Chicago quite high?
10.25% in the city. It's a killer. Yes, the sales tax for auto's is quite high. It is a little lower for auto's about 9 %. But you can imagine how much that can factor into car buying. On top of that we need a city sticker $75 for auto's and $90 for the much hated SUV's. And insurance rates for the city are very high as the crime rate is extremely high. I live right next to a suburb (Park Ridge), they pay 20% on average less than I because of the zip code. Needless to say I will be moving south sometime in the future. People leave the city of Chicago in droves after what the politicians have done to a once shinning city.

I was a kid when Nickey was in business. But, I remember the sign with the backward K. They were a big time Chevy dealership in Chicago back in the good old days.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Gramps
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Never Say Never
10.25% in the city. It's a killer. Yes, the sales tax for auto's is quite high. It is a little lower for auto's about 9 %. But you can imagine how much that can factor into car buying. On top of that we need a city sticker $75 for auto's and $90 for the much hated SUV's. And insurance rates for the city are very high as the crime rate is extremely high. I live right next to a suburb (Park Ridge), they pay 20% on average less than I because of the zip code. Needless to say I will be moving south sometime in the future. People leave the city of Chicago in droves after what the politicians have done to a once shinning city.

I was a kid when Nickey was in business. But, I remember the sign with the backward K. They were a big time Chevy dealership in Chicago back in the good old days.
A real test to see of you are an oldtimer. Do you remember Riverview Park?
Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
liberty
Instructor

Default Riverview

If I remember Two Ton Baker, does that make me old?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Norm66
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Gramps
A real test to see of you are an oldtimer. Do you remember Riverview Park?
How about the Bobs, Silver Streak, parachutes, etc.? I had some great times there.

Get notified of new replies

To Z Frank Chevrolet Now Mike Anderson Chevrolet in Chicago

Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
MARVIN 34
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by liberty
If I remember Two Ton Baker, does that make me old?
no you're not old, just a good memory , i was a kid when RIVERVIEW was the place to be (western & belmont), the bobs, wild mouse, tunnel of love, and what about the guy who would sit in the cage and you got to throw ***** at him to make him fall in the water .
Old 01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Gramps
Burning Brakes

Ya mean Two Ton Baker the Music Maker???????
Old 01-13-2009, 05:31 PM
MurphMan2
Pro

Garfield Goose, Frazier Thomas, Kukla-Fran and Ollie, Jim Moran the Courtesy Man, PJ Flynn and everybody's favorite clown-Bozo

Quick Reply: Z Frank Chevrolet Now Mike Anderson Chevrolet in Chicago