C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mild2Wild Zero drain or regular method?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Default Mild2Wild Zero drain or regular method?

Hi guys,

What method do you recommend installing? My car is usually only out ont he weekends, and is stored over the winter for 4-5 months. Do you guys recommend the 0 drain method, or just the regular method and leave it in the "open flaps" state?

How much drain does the "closed flaps" state actually run when you have the car shut down and forget to leave the flaps open?

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 AM
0SonOfDreams
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Hi, as outlined in the instructions and based on your driving storage habits you need to choose your install options. Regardless of M2W our cars have a constant battery drain caused by the many systems constantly running on the car. Even without Mild2Wild installed, a rule of thumb: If you store and do not drive (or start) it for more than 3 weeks at a time your car should be on a trickle charger.

Installed as delivered Mild2Wild will does have a very small drain that allows it to remember the last setting, that drain if the control is left in the "OFF" setting will not cause a dead battery, left in the "ON" setting it will be 3-4 weeks based on tests assuming the car is never started or charged. On pages 3/4 you have the option to install with ZERO drain. I can tell you that on out car we have never had any battery issues with it installed and driving the car in the winter only once or every other week.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 AM
BRT09
Instructor

Default Me Too

I was wondering the same thing. I want to install one myself.I'm sure we will get the right or best info shortly.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:01 AM
BRT09
Instructor

Originally Posted by SonOfDreams
Hi, as outlined in the instructions and based on your driving storage habits you need to choose your install options. Regardless of M2W our cars have a constant battery drain caused by the many systems constantly running on the car. Even without Mild2Wild installed, a rule of thumb: If you store and do not drive (or start) it for more than 3 weeks at a time your car should be on a trickle charger.

Installed as delivered Mild2Wild will does have a very small drain that allows it to remember the last setting, that drain if the control is left in the "OFF" setting will not cause a dead battery, left in the "ON" setting it will be 3-4 weeks based on tests assuming the car is never started or charged. On pages 3/4 you have the option to install with ZERO drain. I can tell you that on out car we have never had any battery issues with it installed and driving the car in the winter only once or every other week.
Yours is in the Zero Drain install?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Hickory Flash
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '09

I had to take mine out. If I don't drive every week my battery is dead. They claim it won't drain your battery but it does. I have gone over three weeks with it out and my 2009 starts right up. Go figure, maybe I just got a bum unit.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:13 AM
0SonOfDreams
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Hickory Flash
I had to take mine out. If I don't drive every week my battery is dead. They claim it won't drain your battery but it does. I have gone over three weeks with it out and my 2009 starts right up. Go figure, maybe I just got a bum unit.

It's not a claim, it's a fact, if installed using the Zero drain install, there is ZERO drain "0". So if you had it installed like this, you had other issues. It uses power from the seat heater and that circuit is 100% dead with the car off
Old 04-09-2009, 10:14 AM
DA KAR
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hickory Flash
I would hook a battery tender up to it and no more drained batteries!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:16 AM
0SonOfDreams
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by BRT09
Yours is in the Zero Drain install?
If you are asking me, we have NPP in a box so the install is unique. In the 2yrs we tested mild2wild without the zero drain install we never had a dead battery and we generly only drive 1 or 2 times a week and in the winter 2-3 weeks would go buy.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:22 AM
BRT09
Instructor

If you are asking me, we have NPP in a box so the install is unique. In the 2yrs we tested mild2wild without the zero drain install we never had a dead battery and we generly only drive 1 or 2 times a week and in the winter 2-3 weeks would go buy.
Thanks,that's what I wanted to know
Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 PM
CH-Z51
Drifting

Location: The Great Pacific Northwest...........I carry a gun cause a cops too heavy.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am just getting ready to install 08 Z06 Bi modes on my 05. I have 2 questions for Son of Dreams.
1. Dose NPP in a Box have the O drain option.
2. I like the Old School M2W idea, can this be purchased with everything NPP in a Box has, but without the wireless control funtion.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
0SonOfDreams
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by CH-Z51
I am just getting ready to install 08 Z06 Bi modes on my 05. I have 2 questions for Son of Dreams.
1. Dose NPP in a Box have the O drain option.
2. I like the Old School M2W idea, can this be purchased with everything NPP in a Box has, but without the wireless control funtion.
1. NPP in a box installs in the seat heater fuse so you always have 0 drain.

2. Yes you can get NPP in a box with the old school foot switch (speical request)
Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 548 Likes on 375 Posts

I opted for zero drain. The shortcoming is that every time I start the car, I have to push the remote controller button to close the open exhaust;i.e reinsert the mufflers into the exhaust circuit.

I don't like street driving with the muffles bypassed since the open exhaust causes a loud droaning inside the cabin.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:30 PM
CH-Z51
Drifting

Location: The Great Pacific Northwest...........I carry a gun cause a cops too heavy.

1. NPP in a box installs in the seat heater fuse so you always have 0 drain.

2. Yes you can get NPP in a box with the old school foot switch (speical request)
Excellent, I'll be ordering soon. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:39 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

If you are worried about battery drain during the winter when the car is not driven for several months, you can always just unplug the MTW connector.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

CH-Z51,
This is the same setup I have. I installed last week and it works good.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:07 PM
rjwoerheide
Drifting

I went with the regular install, not the zero drain. In the winter she sits for a couple weeks at a time but I have her on a trickle charger so it's never a concern. Personally, I think all C6s should be on trickle chargers unless they get driven daily.

Love my M2W
Old 04-09-2009, 02:16 PM
stp1971
Instructor

I have my M2W installed with the zero drain method. When it is closed though the flaps do not open even when at WOT and over 3500 rpm. Is this the norm for the zero drain?

Get notified of new replies

To Mild2Wild Zero drain or regular method?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:21 PM
spinkick
Melting Slicks

Received 544 Likes on 324 Posts

Thanks.. do you run yours zero drain or regular?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 PM
kev1n
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stp1971
I have my M2W installed with the zero drain method. When it is closed though the flaps do not open even when at WOT and over 3500 rpm. Is this the norm for the zero drain?

My feeling is that it should operate as normal in mild mode, they should open at 3500 rpm. I tihnk thats what mine does, ( installed it today and tested it thoroughly )
Old 04-09-2009, 10:38 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by stp1971
i believe that is right (dont quote me),,,,,,i had issues with battery drain but after some research found out it "WASNT" the mild to wild. I did some testing to be sure and found like i assumed if you leave it in the closed/off positon while the car is off there is little if any drain at all from it (if i remember right i couldnt read any milliamp's at all on that curcuit). I have left my car st for 2-3-4 weeks since with no issues.
Great product, Ed and son know there Sh**.

Quick Reply: Mild2Wild Zero drain or regular method?