C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 C6 Windshield Wiper Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:59 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Default '08 C6 Windshield Wiper Question

I know this has proably been discussed. I changed my wiper out last night. Bought the Rainx Latitude. They are nice big wipers and do a great job. BUT, when I went to change them out - I had purchased the entire blade - not just a refill. The driver side blade has a piece on it that I had never noticed. I've read that it's a spoiler and used to keep the blade down in high speeds. I went ahead and put the new blade on (kept the old one with the 'spoiler').

Is it necessary to have the spoiler if you aren't going to be racing the car and merely using it for travel, commuting, etc.?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:19 PM
rdm1465
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I suppose you already know why the spoiler is there. So, with that in mind. With the rake (angle) that the windshield has, I would think that the spoiler should be left on. Even if you do not do excessive high speeds. Winds somtimes tend to pick up while you are driving.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

my only caution is, as long as it doesn't hit any parts of the car such as the leading edge of the hood. test very carefully.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:16 AM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I noticed the same thing when doing mine.

I chose to get a refill for the drivers side because I wanted to keep the spoiler.

Ben

Get notified of new replies

To '08 C6 Windshield Wiper Question

Quick Reply: '08 C6 Windshield Wiper Question