C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing Push Pins on Speaker Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 01:38 PM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Removing Push Pins on Speaker Cover

Can anyone offer advice on how to remove the push pins on the rear speaker covers? I am installing an insulation kit and have to remove the plastic speaker trim. The push pins are the single piece ones and I have tried a panel popper tool, but don't want to pry too hard and scratch the plastic trim piece. They are tight. I am thinking of cutting off the head and then removing the trim and pulling the stem of the pin out with pliers. I should be able to buy new pins at PepBoys, right?

Any advice is appreciated.

John
Old 07-04-2009, 03:56 PM
autoxnut
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

John,

I have not been able to find an exact match for those pins - even from GM. Every time I try, I receive pins that are somewhat different. My local discount tool place sells a set of nylon pry bars (blue) that work very well for removing these pins without damaging the panels. It does take a fair amount of effort or leverage to remove these.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:41 PM
stoessjc
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Well, I got them off and only broke the head off of one. Now I guess I will be looking for the correct replacement piece.

I got the halo trim off and two of the three velcro strips came off with both sides on the trim. Now I need to glue the two pieces back onto the halo. Any suggestions on adhesive?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
garrett454ss
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by stoessjc
Well, I got them off and only broke the head off of one. Now I guess I will be looking for the correct replacement piece.

I got the halo trim off and two of the three velcro strips came off with both sides on the trim. Now I need to glue the two pieces back onto the halo. Any suggestions on adhesive?

Did you ever find the correct pins? I'm also looking for these.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing Push Pins on Speaker Cover

Quick Reply: Removing Push Pins on Speaker Cover