C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Drove a Callaway last week. . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 04:26 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1FLGMA
I have a 2010 ZR1 with 569 miles on it. I am considering turning it in and buying a 2010GS with the Callaway SC 606 package from Dimmitt Chev. in Clearwater, FL. They are one of two authorized Callaway dealers in FL. They currently have a 2009 Vette with the SC606 Signature package. I plan to test drive that car before I buy. I have spoken with Callaway and have asked them if they are going to offer an extened 2 year warranty to the current 3/36000. I was told that they are seriously considering it and are tring to come up with a price. I will seriously consider turning in my ZR1 if they offer the extened warranty before the 60 day program expires. I love my ZR1, but trying to hook up the p[ower to our Florida roads is almost impossible. Experimenting with the 5 new traction control features on the 2010 is interesting. I had the same traction problem with my Z06. There isn't any need to manually shift a car with 550 rear wheel HP. I don't mind shifting, even at the age of 64, I am just tired of rowing a 6 speed around town and burning up expensive rear tires and going nowhere. I'd like to hear from someone who owns a Callaway SC606 or SC580 package.
I currently own a SC580 also purchased from Dimmit Chev in CLW. I'm also used to going nowhere very fast but I think that's a function of living in Pinellas Co., FL and not your ZR1 or my 580. Feel free to PM me with any questions!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:26 PM
CalJim
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1FLGMA
I have a 2010 ZR1 with 569 miles on it. I am considering turning it in and buying a 2010GS with the Callaway SC 606 package from Dimmitt Chev. in Clearwater, FL. They are one of two authorized Callaway dealers in FL. They currently have a 2009 Vette with the SC606 Signature package. I plan to test drive that car before I buy. I have spoken with Callaway and have asked them if they are going to offer an extened 2 year warranty to the current 3/36000. I was told that they are seriously considering it and are tring to come up with a price. I will seriously consider turning in my ZR1 if they offer the extened warranty before the 60 day program expires. I love my ZR1, but trying to hook up the p[ower to our Florida roads is almost impossible. Experimenting with the 5 new traction control features on the 2010 is interesting. I had the same traction problem with my Z06. There isn't any need to manually shift a car with 550 rear wheel HP. I don't mind shifting, even at the age of 64, I am just tired of rowing a 6 speed around town and burning up expensive rear tires and going nowhere. I'd like to hear from someone who owns a Callaway SC606 or SC580 package.
I have #6-RCSE which was the first production model. They are great cars. This is my second Callaway SC vette. I had a SC 560 and now a SC606.

Quick Reply: Test Drove a Callaway last week. . .