C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car lifts in garage

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Two007
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an All American Lift. Out of Kansas. Before I bought it, I drove to the place of manufacture (short 4 hour ride). The owner builds the lifts just like Backyard Buddy. Actually, he worked for the company that Backyard Buddy spun off of. Dont be fooled by the less than professional website of his. Thats because he is a metal bending and welding maniac. He is a perfectionist in his work. Small team of 3 or 4 good old boys building these things. Uses top grade steel, larger than normal cables. The locking mechanism on his lift is what sold me. If you are thinking of a Backyard Buddy, check out All American Lifts. Same thing, better price, and built by some long time metal workers with a LOT of pride in their work. Finish on the product is first rate. You will be very pleased.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:29 PM
MechaMunch
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acf5678
Can anyonw reccommend 1 or 2 different 4 posts lifts that they would reccommend? Safety would be my 1st consideration.

Thanks.
BendPak, Rotary, Mohawk...
Go with the big guys. They are big for a reason. And they are ALI certified, if that's important to you (and since you said safety is your first consideration, I assume it is).
Old 11-18-2009, 04:30 PM
MechaMunch
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Two007
I bought an All American Lift. Out of Kansas. Before I bought it, I drove to the place of manufacture (short 4 hour ride). The owner builds the lifts just like Backyard Buddy. Actually, he worked for the company that Backyard Buddy spun off of. Dont be fooled by the less than professional website of his. Thats because he is a metal bending and welding maniac. He is a perfectionist in his work. Small team of 3 or 4 good old boys building these things. Uses top grade steel, larger than normal cables. The locking mechanism on his lift is what sold me. If you are thinking of a Backyard Buddy, check out All American Lifts. Same thing, better price, and built by some long time metal workers with a LOT of pride in their work. Finish on the product is first rate. You will be very pleased.
If you are cool with paying a lot more for a non-ALI lift, then yes you will likely be pleased.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 PM
jksvet
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ToRedVettes
I have a BendPak that I am very satisfied with. The safety features and exact size to fit my garage space sold me. BendPak is also tested and approved by the American Lift Institute. Check it out.
http://www.bendpak.com/

I did a lot of research. I would check on the Bend Pak as well.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Smooth72
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like my direct lift pro park 8 plus, includes wheels, drip pans and jack tray. ALI certified. Great price $2195 plus I added the hydraulic jack for $ 500, someday hope to add another jack. Just need to learn how to use it.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:05 PM
RedCruiser
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Stinger - Great lift - 2950.00

Quick Reply: car lifts in garage