C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Several key Callaway Corvettes being delivered this week - Grand Sports, included!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:33 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Default Several key Callaway Corvettes being delivered this week - Grand Sports, included!

Several key Callaway Corvettes being delivered this week - Grand Sports, included!

Aside from the 2010 Grand Sport for the company, several other key cars are arriving in Old Lyme, CT and Corona, CA for our customers

Beginning with the FIRST Callaway R8C delivery, this Callaway Grand Sport will be the first of its kind delivered through the National Corvette Museum Delivery Program

As most Corvettes built last year by Callaway were Z51 cars, we expect the majority of our dealer & customer cars to be Grand Sport-based Corvettes. A tremendous bang-for-the-buck - for everyone who asked us for a wide-body car in the past few years, your ship has arrived

Offered in our legendary SC580 package (580 hp / 510 lb-ft torque) along with the new SC606 package (606 hp / 553 lb-ft torque), the 2010 Callaway lineup offers more power and style than ever before!

In addition to the trucks dropping off Grand Sports this week, one of our dealers built a 2009 Callaway GT1 Edition. While it is a rare car to begin with (1 of 125 GT1 cars, total) the car is 1 of 7 black convertibles - and 1 of 1, as a Callaway SC580. This car is available! I hope to have pictures, soon...

Callaway Z06 Conversions are also underway. Several of our dealers have placed orders for the Callaway SCZ06 package utilizing the Callaway/Eaton TVS2300 SuperCharger. It is certainly one of the fastest street cars we have ever built - Contact your local authorized Callaway dealer for a test drive!

Last edited by Callaway Chris; 08-17-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:41 PM
richhoff
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds great Chris. I am definitely going to come to you guys once the economy improves a little more.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:49 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Awesome! I will be placing my order within the next 2 weeks. Just trying finalize/make decisions on the options I want. I can hardly wait to take delivery.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:00 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by richhoff
Sounds great Chris. I am definitely going to come to you guys once the economy improves a little more.
Please let me know and I will introduce you to your closest authorized Callaway dealer

Originally Posted by C6Tim
Awesome! I will be placing my order within the next 2 weeks. Just trying finalize/make decisions on the options I want. I can hardly wait to take delivery.
Tim, Good deal. 2010 Callaway package pricing should be to our dealers by the end of this week. We look forward to exceeding your expectations in every way!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 PM
TurboLuigi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris

Aside from the 2010 Grand Sport for the company, several other key cars are arriving in Old Lyme, CT and Corona, CA for our customers

Beginning with the FIRST Callaway R8C delivery, this Callaway Grand Sport will be the first of its kind delivered through the National Corvette Museum Delivery Program

As most Corvettes built last year by Callaway were Z51 cars, we expect the majority of our dealer & customer cars to be Grand Sport-based Corvettes. A tremendous bang-for-the-buck - for everyone who asked us for a wide-body car in the past few years, your ship has arrived

Offered in our legendary SC580 package (500 hp / 510 lb-ft torque) along with the new SC606 package (606 hp / 553 lb-ft torque), the 2010 Callaway lineup offers more power and style than ever before!

In addition to the trucks dropping off Grand Sports this week, one of our dealers built a 2009 Callaway GT1 Edition. While it is a rare car to begin with (1 of 125 GT1 cars, total) the car is 1 of 24 black coupes - and 1 of 1, as a Callaway SC580. This car is available! I hope to have pictures, soon...

Callaway Z06 Conversions are also underway. Several of our dealers have placed orders for the Callaway SCZ06 package utilizing the Callaway/Eaton TVS2300 SuperCharger. It is certainly one of the fastest street cars we have ever built - Contact your local authorized Callaway dealer for a test drive!
Callaway Chris,

This is great news!! I can't wait to see pictures of some of these Powerfully Engineered Automobiles.

The offer for the test drive is a great thing.

Many Thanks,

-Luigi
Old 08-12-2009, 07:32 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Turbo Luigi, Thanks

A few other cars arrived with LS3s. Stay tuned...
Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2009, 10:22 PM
///DarkSide\\\
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Can't wait to see pics
Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
C6MagRed
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

SC606 uses TVS2300, correct?..... How long 'till info is on your website?.....
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C6MagRed
SC606 uses TVS2300, correct?..... How long 'till info is on your website?.....
Correct. TVS2300 is used on the SC606 (and the SCZ06) package(s).

I would expect the website updates to happen early next week with details of our 2010 program/packages.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:08 AM
HeavyRightFooT
Instructor

The Callaway GS will be a tough competitor for the Z06 !
Old 08-13-2009, 03:55 AM
kingforward
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Callaway Chris....in your first post you meant 580 hp instead of 500hp, right?

The cars look awesome. I am going to place an order soon for a convertible Gran Sport edition too.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:30 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kingforward
Callaway Chris....in your first post you meant 580 hp instead of 500hp, right?

The cars look awesome. I am going to place an order soon for a convertible Gran Sport edition too.
For years, the wide-body Grand Sport Convertible for us to supercharge, is exactly what we've been asked for. GM listened!!

Please let me know if you have any questions, ahead of your order

Last edited by Callaway Chris; 08-13-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:02 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Chris, thanks for the post. Great info.

I NEED PICTURES. Am very seriously considering a Callaway GS. Photos would be much appreciated.

I know you have your hands full. Thanks in advance.

Travis
Old 08-13-2009, 10:19 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Chris, thanks for the post. Great info.

I NEED PICTURES. Am very seriously considering a Callaway GS. Photos would be much appreciated.

I know you have your hands full. Thanks in advance.

Travis
Travis,

Thank you - As the cars come together, pictures will certainly be posted.

Please expect to see the Callaway Grand Sports officially debut at Corvettes at Carlisle near the end of this month.

Additionally, I just got word, if the Callaway GT1 car has not sold (though its dealer) by then, it will be brought to the show for display There will also be at least one Callaway SCZ06 at Carlisle
Old 08-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

????R8C Callaway????? Please provide more details. ??? How the car is built, shipped, and delivered. Is GM involved? Is it a real R8C car as in RPO R8C is on the option sticker?

thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:02 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

That is awesome and looking forward to pictures
Old 08-14-2009, 06:26 PM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bluewasp
????R8C Callaway????? Please provide more details. ??? How the car is built, shipped, and delivered. Is GM involved? Is it a real R8C car as in RPO R8C is on the option sticker?

thanks!
I think I can answer your question seeing that I'm in the process of ordering one. The car is ordered through a dealer just like normal. Once the car is built at BG it is shipped directly to either the west or east coast Callaway shop depending on where you live. When the car is finished Callaway sends it to you via a covered car carrier.

The smoothest method is to buy your car from a Callaway dealer and they will take care of all of the coordination. There is no need to even physically go to the Callaway dealer. You can do it all via mail and the phone so it gives you the option to deal with any Callaway dealer in the country. The Callaway package is a fixed price and is non-negotiable. A dealer cannot mark-it up or down. However, the car price itself is negotiated between you and your dealer like any other purchase.

There is really no GM involvement other than the dealership you order through. What I really like is I can take a brand new Vette and get it modded and tuned with 580HP and still keep my GM warranty as well as the 36 month/36000 mile warranty from Callaway on their components. Not to mention that Callaway cars hold their value more than any other (for a lack of a better term) "regular" vette.

Get notified of new replies

To Several key Callaway Corvettes being delivered this week - Grand Sports, included!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:38 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

need pics right meow.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:47 PM
TurboLuigi
Racer

Originally Posted by C6Tim
I think I can answer your question seeing that I'm in the process of ordering one. The car is ordered through a dealer just like normal. Once the car is built at BG it is shipped directly to either the west or east coast Callaway shop depending on where you live. When the car is finished Callaway sends it to you via a covered car carrier.

The smoothest method is to buy your car from a Callaway dealer and they will take care of all of the coordination. There is no need to even physically go to the Callaway dealer. You can do it all via mail and the phone so it gives you the option to deal with any Callaway dealer in the country. The Callaway package is a fixed price and is non-negotiable. A dealer cannot mark-it up or down. However, the car price itself is negotiated between you and your dealer like any other purchase.

There is really no GM involvement other than the dealership you order through. What I really like is I can take a brand new Vette and get it modded and tuned with 580HP and still keep my GM warranty as well as the 36 month/36000 mile warranty from Callaway on their components. Not to mention that Callaway cars hold their value more than any other (for a lack of a better term) "regular" vette.
C6Tim,

R8C refers to NCM Delivery. The method you describe above is the standard process to order a Callaway Corvette which means that it is ordered through their dealer network and then delivered by their dealer network (which may mean that they coordinate direct delivery to your home).

I believe that Callaway now offers R8C delivery in which case the car is ordered through Callaway's dealer network as described above. When the car is built at BG, it is sent to Callaway to work their magic and then the car is shipped to the NCM for final prep and delivery as an R8C (the same as any other R8C delivery). I believe that Callaway is the only shop to have this arrangement with the NCM.

-Luigi
:cool
Old 08-15-2009, 12:22 AM
C6Tim
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TurboLuigi
C6Tim,

R8C refers to NCM Delivery. The method you describe above is the standard process to order a Callaway Corvette which means that it is ordered through their dealer network and then delivered by their dealer network (which may mean that they coordinate direct delivery to your home).

I believe that Callaway now offers R8C delivery in which case the car is ordered through Callaway's dealer network as described above. When the car is built at BG, it is sent to Callaway to work their magic and then the car is shipped to the NCM for final prep and delivery as an R8C (the same as any other R8C delivery). I believe that Callaway is the only shop to have this arrangement with the NCM.

-Luigi
:cool
Yeah, that's true. I believe that is new this year that you can now take museum delivery of a Callaway car. I did not think he was asking that specifically. I may have misunderstood but I thought he was using the code as a example as was wondering if there was a GM code like R8C for Callaway.

Either way, I think we covered all the bases. Thanks... Time to go to bed a dream about my Callaway GS... Hopefully the wait won't be too bad.

Quick Reply: Several key Callaway Corvettes being delivered this week - Grand Sports, included!