C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth & New Blackberry - Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 04:05 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth & New Blackberry - Problems

Tried I search and couldn't find anything.

I have a 09 with NAV & Bluetooth. I had a Verizon Renown cell phone which worked fine with the bluetooth and for some reason stopped connecting. I deleted it and then re paired it and it was fine for a while and then stopped working.

I know have a new Blackberry Pearl Flip. Paired it yesterday and it worked fine. Now today its not connecting.

Wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem
Old 08-18-2009, 05:50 PM
socaljet
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a very similar probelm with mine and eventually the dealer had to
reinstall the Bluetooth settings from the factory. John
Old 08-18-2009, 05:53 PM
John_Syb
Pro

My iPhone has worked well for the past few months but now also sometimes fails to pair with the car. I turn the bluetooth radio off on the phone and turn it back on and it pairs up... I was thinking it was the phone but after reading this... am wondering if it is the car.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:10 AM
John_Syb
Pro

I think I figured out my Bluetooth connection issue.....

I have a window valet. When I use it to open the windows before I get in the car it seems to fire up the car's electrical system (I hear the radio, running lights come on, etc).

I believe this also starts the process to connect to my phone. As the power is on for only a short time, my phone can't connect. Bluetooth connections HATE being inturrupted when they are establishing a connection and when the car shuts down the electrical, my phone is in the middle of the connection. When the car comes back on, the phone is trying to complete (i see the connection on the phone attempting to connect but it never does) and at that point the car and the phone can't pair up.

I have tested this. I entered the car ten times after dropping the windows with the window valet and the phone could not connect. I watched my phone's bluetooth page and sure enough.. it started to conect but the car turning off stopped the process and confused the phone. If I turned blue tooth off and then back on in the phone setup, and the car was running, it would connect.

I then entered ten times without using the window valet to open the windows and it connected just fine.

This is not 100% conclusive and I am going to test a few more variables. I will post more when I do.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I do have the window valet. Interesting, I'll have to pay attention to that. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Bluetooth & New Blackberry - Problems

Quick Reply: Bluetooth & New Blackberry - Problems