C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MWG shifer group buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
richgoat
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Default MWG shifer group buy

Someone needs to setup a group buy for this shifter! Is the Vendor a member here?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
StevieK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by richgoat
Someone needs to setup a group buy for this shifter! Is the Vendor a member here?
I can't remember ever seeing a group buy. When I bought mine I thought it was a very reasonable price for a great shifter.

Last edited by StevieK; 09-01-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

It's "MGW", yes he's a member here, and the thing is already an incredible bargain for what you get. Why not just pay the man his money?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:26 PM
nwc6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannet
It's "MGW", yes he's a member here, and the thing is already an incredible bargain for what you get. Why not just pay the man his money?
You are not purchasing just a shifter, but incredible customer service..
Old 09-01-2009, 04:34 PM
MCSSLT1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no preference on whether there is a group by or not. I have been researching shifters lately and I think the MGW is the one I am going to buy. I planned on placing my order sometime next month.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:36 PM
nomo50
Instructor

I am interested too. How do I go about ordering one for my 2008?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Kent1999
Le Mans Master

Received 1,651 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieK
I can't remember even seeing a group buy. When I bought mine I thought it was a very reasonable price for a great shifter.
Its a great price for hands down the best C6 shifter on the market. Buy it now before he realizes how underpriced it is!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I will call them and see if I can possibly set something up for you guys.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 PM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been thinking of getting this too. I could use a short throw, especially when out in the boonies, and can get it on a little. I'm tired of trying to find 3rd.

Anyone know of where to get a smooth ball for the grip? MGW makes a gripper ball, but personally I think I'd like a smooth, glossy one.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:09 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
JRHAWK9
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yep, I am considering getting one as well....
Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

I plan to get one as well. I just want to get my 2010 (in a few weeks) and drive it a few weeks to see how the stock shifter feels.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 PM
gibear2k5
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just get it.... I thought most people were exaggerating about the improvement over stock; so I caved, and now realized these folks were not exaggerating enough!!! Great product.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:01 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannet
100%

Its already grossly underpriced as it is.

I'm hoping that George won't even consider a group buy. No need for him to, as his product and SERVICE sell themselves and are second to nothing else, nor any other vendor in here.

George offered to allow us to upgrade from the old shifter to his new improved shifter for a mere pittance.

He didn't have to do that. Were he like some of these gouging shysters and profiteers in here, he would have charged us full price for the new and improved model and told us all to go **** ourselves. But he didn't.

George would even let you pay the "upgrade" cost for the new shifter BEFORE YOU EVEN SENT IN YOUR OLD SHIFTER, on the promise that you would.

He would not even have your "core" in hand and would still send you out the new shifter for the very low upcharge to the new shifter. Ask me how I know.

The man deserves some credit for that. Pay him his money.

Furthermore, for Z06 owners, George tested on his own car the C6 shifter box, and made the ball kit available free of charge.

If you want his product then pay him for it. If you don't and want to look for bargain basement pricing, well then go ahead and and buy yourself something inferior to what he has. Because if you buy anything else, thats exactly what you are going to end up with.

I can't tell George how to run his business, but its unfortunate that with the already ridiculously low price he is charging for his products and services, that there are those in here who still want to devise ways of cutting him out of still a few more dollars.

We gouge him too hard and he won't be able to stay in business. What good is that?

We have but a very few honest vendors in here to begin with, who are charging a fair price for their products, and when we find one, we try and cut the legs out from under him. Thats

George has already done way more than most, for the members of this forum, he has done way more than enough, and has asked nothing in return.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 09-01-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
SRTullio
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

for the perfect ****, make sure to tell them its for an MGW shifter, and they will modify it accordingly. I have this combo in my car and love it. Makes the car twice as fun to drive, makes me look forward to driving it!

Last edited by Tact; 09-13-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 PM
tjl5709
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
100%

Its already grossly underpriced as it is.

I'm hoping that George won't even consider a group buy. No need for him to, as his product and SERVICE sell themselves and are second to nothing else, nor any other vendor in here.

George offered to allow us to upgrade from the old shifter to his new improved shifter for a mere pittance.

He didn't have to do that. Were he like some of these gouging shysters and profiteers in here, he would have charged us full price for the new and improved model and told us all to go **** ourselves. But he didn't.

George would even let you pay the "upgrade" cost for the new shifter BEFORE YOU EVEN SENT IN YOUR OLD SHIFTER, on the promise that you would.

He would not even have your "core" in hand and would still send you out the new shifter for the very low upcharge to the new shifter. Ask me how I know.

The man deserves some credit for that. Pay him his money.

Furthermore, for Z06 owners, George tested on his own car the C6 shifter box, and made the ball kit available free of charge.

If you want his product then pay him for it. If you don't and want to look for bargain basement pricing, well then go ahead and and buy yourself something inferior to what he has. Because if you buy anything else, thats exactly what you are going to end up with.

I can't tell George how to run his business, but its unfortunate that with the already ridiculously low price he is charging for his products and services, that there are those in here who still want to devise ways of cutting him out of still a few more dollars.

We gouge him too hard and he won't be able to stay in business. What good is that?

We have but a very few honest vendors in here to begin with, who are charging a fair price for their products, and when we find one, we try and cut the legs out from under him. Thats

George has already done way more than most, for the members of this forum, he has done way more than enough, and has asked nothing in return.
I upgraded as well. He has spent allot of time getting this thing right. What he is charging is a very fair price.

These are the kind of suppliers we need in this market. Once you hold the unit in your hands and see the detail, you will understand.

Like Nike says...........Just Do It!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
switchplanner
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SRTullio
www.mgwltd.com for the shifter

www.nakidparts.com for the perfect ****, make sure to tell them its for an MGW shifter, and they will modify it accordingly. I have this combo in my car and love it. Makes the car twice as fun to drive, makes me look forward to driving it!
Does this mean that the stock **** won't fit the MGW shifter?

Get notified of new replies

To MWG shifer group buy

Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 PM
got2hav1
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,041 Likes on 592 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods)

Default stock ****

Originally Posted by switchplanner
Unless something has changed the stock **** will fit. Just tell George what **** you are going to use. He also offers a threaded version if you have a threaded **** like on the C5 stock shifter. Great product.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:38 PM
gibear2k5
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by switchplanner
No, two different designs. One with threaded shaft and one that fits stock.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:17 PM
mbing09V
Racer

I, myself, have decided to go with MGW... can George? contact me and I will be buying it soon... I did have the chance to work the Calloway shifter at Carlisle... gonna go with the MGW!!

Quick Reply: MWG shifer group buy