C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALMS race Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Crossofiron
Drifting

Received 150 Likes on 50 Posts

Default ALMS race Laguna Seca

For any of you guys that are race fans......
Went to Laguna Seca last weekend to see the ALMS race. Best race ever EXCEPT the leading 911 crashed the GT2 Vette into the wall on at the finish line. The last half hour was the best racing that I have ever seen. Jan Magnussen has to be one of the most fearless drivers that I have ever seen. Anybody that can should try to see this race on Speedvision. The GT2 Vettes are the class of the field and to hear them at full pitch sends chills down your back. About that Flying Lizard 911 driver. He needs to lose the victory as he could have really hurt Jan. Dirty driving but what can you expect from a Porsche.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:13 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Yup, it was great racing but hard to accept the end. There is another thread running about it:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ld-finish.html
Old 10-12-2009, 02:27 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Crossofiron
For any of you guys that are race fans......
Went to Laguna Seca last weekend to see the ALMS race. Best race ever EXCEPT the leading 911 crashed the GT2 Vette into the wall on at the finish line. The last half hour was the best racing that I have ever seen. Jan Magnussen has to be one of the most fearless drivers that I have ever seen. Anybody that can should try to see this race on Speedvision. The GT2 Vettes are the class of the field and to hear them at full pitch sends chills down your back. About that Flying Lizard 911 driver. He needs to lose the victory as he could have really hurt Jan. Dirty driving but what can you expect from a Porsche.
Dude as much as I wanted to see the Vette beat the Lizard P car Magnussen slammed into the back of the P car on the last turn to loosen him up so the P car would have a bad launch on the straight.

If you dish it out you have to take it. I just hope that the Magnussen guy isn't to banged up cause he hit very hard. He lost it going approx 150 MPH.

I would like to hear what the race officials thought of how the vette got taken out though. Definitely a squeeze play.

Last edited by 06 C6 vert; 10-12-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:44 PM
dfinke23
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 C6 vert
Dude as much as I wanted to see the Vette beat the Lizard P car Magnussen slammed into the back of the P car on the last turn to loosen him up so the P car would have a bad launch on the straight.

If you dish it out you have to take it. I just hope that the Magnussen guy isn't to banged up cause he hit very hard. He lost it going approx 150 MPH.

I would like to hear what the race officials thought of how the vette got taken out though. Definitely a squeeze play.
Magnussen drove the same line as he did the entire race, the Porsche checked up waaay earlier than he had been.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:09 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

:QUOTE=dfinke23;1571795948]Magnussen drove the same line as he did the entire race, the Porsche checked up waaay earlier than he had been.[/QUOTE]

No question about that my friend. Porsche went from defensive drive to very aggressive drive. Keep in mind that Magnussen did a very aggressive double tap on the last turn to unsettle the P car and its driver.

Get notified of new replies

To ALMS race Laguna Seca

Quick Reply: ALMS race Laguna Seca