Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 10-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
HANNY
CF Senior Member

Default Cancel onstar will phone still work????

Does anyone know if i cancel onstar in my 09 will the phone still work thru the onstar module??????? they just offered me 12 dollars a month but just dont use the onstart for anything. no way to get locked out because even if i left the key in it it wont be locked out. The diagnostic thing is a waste for me have a nav thingy and might use the wreck part (hope not to) any thots? I just called them and they offered me 12 bucks a month. thxs pAuL

Last edited by HANNY; 10-18-2009 at 08:01 PM.
HANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Guinnessboy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

i tried it with my Hummer with no success, although i have heard with the correct aftermarket radio with bluetooth you can use the existing onstar mic although i have yet to see it happen.
Guinnessboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
mcandrew67
CF Senior Member

Nope won't work, they go hand in hand.
mcandrew67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
dvilin
CF Senior Member

Nope, I wish it would or you could just pay a fee for minutes as that was the only feature I used.
dvilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
PaulB
CF Senior Member

My 09 JSB Coupe was 1 yr old in September. I did not buy any more minutes on the phone so the phone wont work. I am paying month to month on the OnStar until I put it away for the winter. But even tho I still have OnStar I dont have a working phone. When I take the car out of storage next spring I am almost sure I will not bring back OnStar. I hope this helps you...
PaulB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
HANNY
CF Senior Member

not the "onstar" phone but my personal celly will or wont work?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
buffguy
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNY View Post
not the "onstar" phone but my personal celly will or wont work?
im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.
buffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
HANNY
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.
thxs, thats what i am wondering about.....
Old 10-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
candlemuse
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
candlemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

I realize 'money is money' but IMO, if you value and use the more powerful, hands-free OnStar phone...for the pennies a day it cost I'd renew.
Lingenfelter 403 Conversion, LG Pro Headers (coated), Corsa Sport Exhaust, Lingenfelter CAI, Accusump, LGM Coil-Over Suspension & Bump-Steer Kit, T1 Sway Bars, Pfadt Control Arm Bushing Kit, Elite Eng. Tunnel Plate & Oil Catch-Can, SKF Racing Hubs/Bearings, AP Racing Brakes, DRM Brake Ducts, Custom Roll Bar, Sparco Seats, Wide-Booty, CCW C10 Wheels,
Setup: LG Motorsports

Thanks to: 21st Century Muscle Cars
Wayne O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #11
AFVETTE
CF Senior Member

If your 09 is a 2LT or 3LT BT is standard and your cell phone will work without OnStar.

However if your car is a 1LT (no BT) then the only way to use the built in HFC is to have an active OnStar account and buy some HFC minutes.

My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.

So the key is which trim package do you have?

Tom
AFVETTE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
Cypher
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVETTE View Post
My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.
Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #13
AFVETTE
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates?
No kidding, and this is the top of the line SRX with the Preimum Luxury Collection package.

GM continues to baffle long time supporters/buyers.

Tom
Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #14
HANNY
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlemuse View Post
thxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne O View Post
I realize 'money is money' but IMO, if you value and use the more powerful, hands-free OnStar phone...for the pennies a day it cost I'd renew.
i may look into that

Quote:
If your 09 is a 2LT or 3LT BT is standard and your cell phone will work without OnStar.

However if your car is a 1LT (no BT) then the only way to use the built in HFC is to have an active OnStar account and buy some HFC minutes.

So the key is which trim package do you have?

Tom
wierd aint it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

dont make sense does it

Quote:
No kidding, and this is the top of the line SRX with the Preimum Luxury Collection package.

GM continues to baffle long time supporters/buyers.

Tom
me to
Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #15
AFVETTE
CF Senior Member

HANNY, I see your 2009 is a 2LT. You have stand alone BT capability, you don't need OnStar for HFC. Just pair your phone and press on.

I sure wish our 09 SRX and my 07 Z06 had BT.

Tom
Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Cancel onstar will phone still work????

Tags
bluetooth, c5, cacell, cancel, cancelling, cell, conversion, corvette, expires, hack, mic, onstar, personal, phone, work