Cancel onstar will phone still work???? - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Cancel onstar will phone still work????

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
HANNY
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
HANNY's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2008
Location: Location: Location: kAnSaS
Posts: 4,296
Thanked 141 Times in 96 Posts
Default Cancel onstar will phone still work????

Does anyone know if i cancel onstar in my 09 will the phone still work thru the onstar module??????? they just offered me 12 dollars a month but just dont use the onstart for anything. no way to get locked out because even if i left the key in it it wont be locked out. The diagnostic thing is a waste for me have a nav thingy and might use the wreck part (hope not to) any thots? I just called them and they offered me 12 bucks a month. thxs pAuL

Last edited by HANNY; 10-18-2009 at 08:01 PM.
HANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
LucaBrasi916
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
LucaBrasi916's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2009
Location: Peoples Socialst Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 1,301
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i tried it with my Hummer with no success, although i have heard with the correct aftermarket radio with bluetooth you can use the existing onstar mic although i have yet to see it happen.
LucaBrasi916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
mcandrew67
CF Senior Member
 
mcandrew67's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2006
Location: MIRAMAR FL
Posts: 10,512
Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Nope won't work, they go hand in hand.
mcandrew67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
dvilin
CF Senior Member
 
dvilin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2007
Location: Rochester New York
Posts: 33,176
Thanked 554 Times in 434 Posts
Default

Nope, I wish it would or you could just pay a fee for minutes as that was the only feature I used.
dvilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #5
PaulB
CF Senior Member
 
PaulB's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2002
Location: West Des Moines Ia
Posts: 2,083
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

My 09 JSB Coupe was 1 yr old in September. I did not buy any more minutes on the phone so the phone wont work. I am paying month to month on the OnStar until I put it away for the winter. But even tho I still have OnStar I dont have a working phone. When I take the car out of storage next spring I am almost sure I will not bring back OnStar. I hope this helps you...
PaulB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
HANNY
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
HANNY's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2008
Location: Location: Location: kAnSaS
Posts: 4,296
Thanked 141 Times in 96 Posts
Default

not the "onstar" phone but my personal celly will or wont work?
HANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
buffguy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2009
Location: Anaheim CA
Posts: 254
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNY View Post
not the "onstar" phone but my personal celly will or wont work?
im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.
buffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
HANNY
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
HANNY's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2008
Location: Location: Location: kAnSaS
Posts: 4,296
Thanked 141 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.
thxs, thats what i am wondering about.....
HANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
candlemuse
CF Senior Member
 
candlemuse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Location: Chester Springs PA
Posts: 1,389
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffguy View Post
im pretty sure your regular cell phone and bluetooth will still work without onstar.
candlemuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Wayne O's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 23,313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I realize 'money is money' but IMO, if you value and use the more powerful, hands-free OnStar phone...for the pennies a day it cost I'd renew.
Wayne O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #11
AFVETTE
CF Senior Member
 
AFVETTE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 20,060
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

If your 09 is a 2LT or 3LT BT is standard and your cell phone will work without OnStar.

However if your car is a 1LT (no BT) then the only way to use the built in HFC is to have an active OnStar account and buy some HFC minutes.

My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.

So the key is which trim package do you have?

Tom
AFVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
Cypher
CF Senior Member
 
Cypher's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 982
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVETTE View Post
My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.
Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates?
Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #13
AFVETTE
CF Senior Member
 
AFVETTE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 20,060
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates?
No kidding, and this is the top of the line SRX with the Preimum Luxury Collection package.

GM continues to baffle long time supporters/buyers.

Tom
AFVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #14
HANNY
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
HANNY's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2008
Location: Location: Location: kAnSaS
Posts: 4,296
Thanked 141 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlemuse View Post
thxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne O View Post
I realize 'money is money' but IMO, if you value and use the more powerful, hands-free OnStar phone...for the pennies a day it cost I'd renew.
i may look into that

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVETTE View Post
If your 09 is a 2LT or 3LT BT is standard and your cell phone will work without OnStar.

However if your car is a 1LT (no BT) then the only way to use the built in HFC is to have an active OnStar account and buy some HFC minutes.

My wifes 2009 SRX doesn't have BT so I'm having to keep my OnStar account active to allow her to have a HFC phone system.

So the key is which trim package do you have?

Tom
wierd aint it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Are you serious…the ’09 SRX doesn’t have BT? I thought BT was pretty much ‘standard’ on GM upscale models for ’09. Even my wife’s ’09 Envoy Denali has BT and GM de-contented that truck compared to her ’05…sometimes the things that GM does just leave you with a WTF?

Perfect example…on the ’09 Envoy Denali, the geniuses at GM decided that the side view mirrors no longer need to be included in the driver’s seat memory package. Now what good is the seat position memory without adjusting the side view mirrors when the driver’s seat relocates?
dont make sense does it

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFVETTE View Post
No kidding, and this is the top of the line SRX with the Preimum Luxury Collection package.

GM continues to baffle long time supporters/buyers.

Tom
me to
HANNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #15
AFVETTE
CF Senior Member
 
AFVETTE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Swansea IL
Posts: 20,060
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

HANNY, I see your 2009 is a 2LT. You have stand alone BT capability, you don't need OnStar for HFC. Just pair your phone and press on.

I sure wish our 09 SRX and my 07 Z06 had BT.

Tom
AFVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Cancel onstar will phone still work????
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    OnStar upgraded to basic plan for free WTFvette C7 General Discussion 18 12-01-2015 05:41 PM
    Smart Phone Apps - to replace OnStar & SiriusXM NavyBlue2 C7 General Discussion 6 08-26-2015 03:26 PM
    OnStar----Cancelled Bucco Bar C7 General Discussion 17 08-25-2015 01:15 PM
    Nav & OnStar? F4Topgun C7 General Discussion 5 11-27-2014 02:00 AM
    ~*Finally, the answers to all of your OnStar questions for your C6!*~ _Nomad_ C6 Corvette General Discussion 8 01-26-2005 10:14 AM


    Tags
    bluetooth, c5, cacell, cancel, cancelling, cell, conversion, corvette, expires, hack, mic, onstar, personal, phone, work

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:40 PM.