C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailing service "bubbles" car wash (Houston, TX)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 AM
cmnguye8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailing service "bubbles" car wash (Houston, TX)

Has anyone tried it? Me personally, I am really horrible with waxing and trying to keep my car nice. I use NXT 2.0 most of the time but every-time I wipe off the wax, I always have white residue in the cracks and sometimes the wax make the car look worse that just a regular car wash!!

I know wolfdog and most people recommend ZAINO but what is Zymol and is it worth it? $178.95....

http://www.bubblescarwash.com/Comple..._Detailing.asp
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
dwiemers
Pro

You can buy Zymol from Walmart for about $15 a bottle, or I think that's what is was when I bought it last time. You are paying for labor mostly. I personally wouldn't let anyone touch my car, especially the kids that work at those places. I have a black car though, so I'm picky!
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 AM
ZF Six
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 85 Posts

I had a gift card to Bubbles a while back and took my truck in there to get washed. They did a horrible job, missed a bunch of spots, didn't dry it completely. I get a better wash paying $11 at another place where they hand dry it as well.

Bubbles sucks IMO. I am in Houston as well.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 AM
cmnguye8
Racer

Originally Posted by dwiemers
You can buy Zymol from Walmart for about $15 a bottle, or I think that's what is was when I bought it last time. You are paying for labor mostly. I personally wouldn't let anyone touch my car, especially the kids that work at those places. I have a black car though, so I'm picky!
Thanks! Mine is black also so i'm picky also! I have seen some black cars REALLY REALLY SHINE not just necessarily C6 but some black cars! I want to get this for my car. any suggestion how?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:22 AM
cmnguye8
Racer

Originally Posted by ZF Six
I had a gift card to Bubbles a while back and took my truck in there to get washed. They did a horrible job, missed a bunch of spots, didn't dry it completely. I get a better wash paying $11 at another place where they hand dry it as well.

Bubbles sucks IMO. I am in Houston as well.
Thanks for the input! yeah its kind of overpriced and its not the best; but i'm pretty sure they will do a better job detailing my car than I can. :o
Old 11-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

If you want a wax that doesn't leave white residue try Turtle Wax's Liquid Ice. It doesn't last as long as some of the others but is very easy to put on and you just wipe it on the whole car. Windshield, rubber, black plastic, etc. Wipe off and everything shines. It really makes the black plastic trim pop. My C5Z rear brake ducts on the rocker panel had some serious road rash and were abraded and faded. Liquid Ice made them look like new.

Bill
Old 11-03-2009, 12:14 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

With all the members in the Houston area I'm sure some of them would love to come assist you in detailing/waxing the car. You could information share on the best techniques, products, etc. Just provide the BBQ for lunch.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dwiemers
You are clearly not aware of what REAL zymol is.

It is a very high quality boutique wax that has a single low-priced product that is produced by turtle wax and sold at retail stores.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
chupr0kabra
Instructor

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy
With all the members in the Houston area I'm sure some of them would love to come assist you in detailing/waxing the car. You could information share on the best techniques, products, etc. Just provide the BBQ for lunch.
I can recommend at least one guy (down in the Richmond area). I've gotten out of the detailing game because I just don't have the time anymore, but if you want to give it a go yourself, I can provide you plenty of tips.

-Mike
Old 11-03-2009, 01:14 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
I can recommend at least one guy (down in the Richmond area). I've gotten out of the detailing game because I just don't have the time anymore, but if you want to give it a go yourself, I can provide you plenty of tips.

-Mike
this guy, or the one he refers might be the way to go vs. some unknown quantity spouting a big name product like zymol.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
PJRed2008
Pro

Originally Posted by cmnguye8
Thanks! Mine is black also so i'm picky also! I have seen some black cars REALLY REALLY SHINE not just necessarily C6 but some black cars! I want to get this for my car. any suggestion how?
Go to a dealer who sells Lambo or Ferrari and talk to their detail department. Had mine done and it looked so nice I didn't want to drive it. They know how to detail a car.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Go to a dealer who sells Lambo or Ferrari and talk to their detail department. Had mine done and it looked so nice I didn't want to drive it. They know how to detail a car.
Not a bad choice . . . but might be a road trip somewhere.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:14 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

I own a detail business on the north side (Lake Conroe), and I would be happy to take care of the car for you.

Sending you a PM

Andy
Old 11-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Bret01Z06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
You are clearly not aware of what REAL zymol is.

It is a very high quality boutique wax that has a single low-priced product that is produced by turtle wax and sold at retail stores.
Zymol has some great very high end paste wax.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 PM
cmnguye8
Racer

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
wow this sounds like a great idea, i hope they don't charge an arm and a leg for their service. how much did you have to pay for yours? if you dont mind me asking. I'm pretty sure the rest of us want to know also
Old 11-03-2009, 04:01 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

wow this sounds like a great idea, i hope they don't charge an arm and a leg for their service. how much did you have to pay for yours? if you dont mind me asking. I'm pretty sure the rest of us want to know also
For the real deal detailers your looking at some pretty significant money. It all depends on the level of swirl correction your wanting. Most of my customers shoot for about 90% correction which usually takes all day sometimes 2 days working every panel by machine. As the correction % goes up so does the time, and labor involved to correct the problem areas.

I would say for a good higher end pro your going to start at around 250$ for correction services and work your way up from there.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
cmnguye8
Racer

Originally Posted by FLATOUTVIPER
For the real deal detailers your looking at some pretty significant money. It all depends on the level of swirl correction your wanting. Most of my customers shoot for about 90% correction which usually takes all day sometimes 2 days working every panel by machine. As the correction % goes up so does the time, and labor involved to correct the problem areas.

I would say for a good higher end pro your going to start at around 250$ for correction services and work your way up from there.

Hope this helps!
awesome!! I think the price you quoted me is reasonable, I think I will go with your services! Would removing Swirl Marks make your car look shinier?

Get notified of new replies

To Detailing service "bubbles" car wash (Houston, TX)

Old 11-03-2009, 04:58 PM
chupr0kabra
Instructor

awesome!! I think the price you quoted me is reasonable, I think I will go with your services! Would removing Swirl Marks make your car look shinier?
In a way, yes. A lot of detailing is about fooling the eyes. Anything you can do to reduce the imperfections in the paint (which are distracting to the eyes) will make the surface very striking. With the swirls out of the way, you can add depth by using glosses or layering protectants. When done correctly, you'll have high surface gloss and mile-deep paint.

Polish out the imperfections, then protect your hard work with a good sealant.

-Mike
Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Bingo!

A polish or any other carnuba top coat will only look as good as the paint it is layered over.

I will speak with you soon.

I will show you some tips to keep from introducing new swirls into your clear once it's cut fresh which will help you keep it looking the way you like it longer.

Blacks not a Color it's a Career LOL.

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
In a way, yes. A lot of detailing is about fooling the eyes. Anything you can do to reduce the imperfections in the paint (which are distracting to the eyes) will make the surface very striking. With the swirls out of the way, you can add depth by using glosses or layering protectants. When done correctly, you'll have high surface gloss and mile-deep paint.

Polish out the imperfections, then protect your hard work with a good sealant.

-Mike
Old 11-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Blue42
Racer

Look up "The Car Masseuse" it's in houston as well.
Been there once, they did a good job and seen some other nice cars there too.

Quick Reply: Detailing service "bubbles" car wash (Houston, TX)