C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:04 AM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Bluetooth

What was the first year Bluetooth was included in the Vette? 2009? Is it a standard item? Included in coupe AND Z06?

I'm guessing it is included in 2010 Grand Sport as well.

Thanks....Mark
Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by funymuny
What was the first year Bluetooth was included in the Vette? 2009? Is it a standard item? Included in coupe AND Z06?

I'm guessing it is included in 2010 Grand Sport as well.

Thanks....Mark
2009 was the first year. From what it says on the Chevy website bluettoth starts with the 2LT package
Old 11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Thanks. I was clearly being lazy. Just figured someone would know that off the top of their head, and reply.

I sit here contemplating a silly financial activity....getting a Z06 or Grand Sport. And I have an 07 with 12k miles, loaded, 3LT, etc.

Why oh why would I do that????

And my wife says it is completely up to me. She loves to ride in the 'cool' cars; she has no interest in driving it.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
mforman42
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LOUSVETTE
2009 was the first year. From what it says on the Chevy website bluettoth starts with the 2LT package
Yep. I just traded my '08 coupe for an '09 Z06, and it has bluetooth. I wouldn't have done it just for the bluetooth, of course, and the implementation is not very good. For example, it does not read the stored names and numbers from the phone; you have to enter them separately through voice prompts. Then they are shared with OnStar phone numbers. My Jag reads the phone memory.

Anyway, still an improvement over no connection.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:29 PM
funymuny
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mforman42
Yep. I just traded my '08 coupe for an '09 Z06, and it has bluetooth. I wouldn't have done it just for the bluetooth, of course, and the implementation is not very good. For example, it does not read the stored names and numbers from the phone; you have to enter them separately through voice prompts. Then they are shared with OnStar phone numbers. My Jag reads the phone memory.

Anyway, still an improvement over no connection.

No, no trade solely for Bluetooth, but seems like it is a bonus. For my 07 Yukon, I'm going to try one of the Parrot setups...3100 I believe. Supposed to wire in and mute the phone. Sounds like it does a lot with the phone book, too. Have been using the Onstar since I first got the truck but thinking would be nice to have calls from my actual cell. Small things, that is for sure.

Tough for me to decide GS versus Z06. And of course, I love my wife's logic...if we are going to spend 'that much' money on a car, it better be new!!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:39 PM
tanko
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Happy with Bluetooth in the 2009 Vette!

I was delighted to find that the 2009 Vette has Bluetooth available that includes handsfree dialing. I have it all set up and it works great with my mobile phone in my pocket. The system is activated by a button on the steering wheel, and the rest can be done via voice commands that actually work very well. Based on previous discussions on the CF, my understanding is that subscription to OnStar is required for voice dialing to function. The audio is very clear at both ends of the conversation even while the car is moving.

Yes, as noted in a previous post I separately entered about 25 numbers with voice name tags into the Vette (max is 30) in order to use voice dialing. However, it is important to note that if your phone supports voice recognition then the Vette's Bluetooth system will allow access to the contacts already on your phone (may not work for all brands or models according to Chevy's disclaimer). See page 3-104 in the Owners Manual under the "Voice Pass-Thru" section for details. I haven't tried it myself as my phone doesn't have that capability, but would be interested to hear if any others have used this function.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:12 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

One of the reasons we got the 09 over a 08 was for the Bluetooth and I am disapointed in how the system works with my iPhone, works great with the wife's Motorala and she is happy for the hands free, I still use my Jarba with my iPhoneName:  Thumbs-up.gif
Views: 183
Size:  12.7 KB
Old 12-01-2009, 10:25 AM
tanko
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peter pan
One of the reasons we got the 09 over a 08 was for the Bluetooth and I am disapointed in how the system works with my iPhone, works great with the wife's Motorala and she is happy for the hands free, I still use my Jarba with my iPhone
What problems have you experienced using the iPhone with Bluetooth in the Vette?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:47 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by tanko
What problems have you experienced using the iPhone with Bluetooth in the Vette?
People on the other end can not hear me clearly and I hear them fine, no matter what volume level

No issue for my wife though

Get notified of new replies

To Bluetooth

Quick Reply: Bluetooth