Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 01-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
65GGvert
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to 65GGvert
Default Odd clicking noise in dash

New to the C6, I have an 08. Is it normal that a clicking noise comes from the dash somewhere everytime you change a setting in the DIC, or press the acc button, and several other functions? It almost sounds like contacts making and braking. Sounds like it's behind the radio. I haven't tried any others, but I figured you guys would know.
65GGvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
glenB
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GGvert View Post
New to the C6, I have an 08. Is it normal that a clicking noise comes from the dash somewhere everytime you change a setting in the DIC, or press the acc button, and several other functions? It almost sounds like contacts making and braking. Sounds like it's behind the radio. I haven't tried any others, but I figured you guys would know.
Sounds like one of the vent actuators have failed.
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #3
Chris3
CF Senior Member

On mine-09..I here a stadic noise when Iam pressing the acc button..it seems like it is also comming from behind the radio.

I was wandering the same thing..is this normal?
Chris3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
SinisterC6
CF Senior Member

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sinisterc6-Productions/445076272240457?ref=stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3 View Post
On mine-09..I here a stadic noise when Iam pressing the acc button..it seems like it is also comming from behind the radio.

I was wandering the same thing..is this normal?
the static is coming from the center speaker atop the dash
SinisterC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
diverdan
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

The clicking you are hearing is probably normal and is just part of how the car is designed. This has been discussed a fair amount around here.

2009 Blade Silver Metallic Z06 - 2LZ, Halltech Killer Bee/Bee Hive CAI, Corsa X-Pipe, Muffler Mod, M2W, CAGS Defeat, Elite Engineering Tunnel Plate, CCA Catch Can, PAL, Dynamat/Madvette/Blockit Insulation kits, APSIS Front Splash Guards, HID Fogs, LED Upgrades, BA Speaker Upgrades
2012 Graphite Shadow Infiniti G37XS, HID Fogs

2007 Arctic Silver Porsche Carrera S - Gone
2002 Quicksilver Z06 - Gone
2002 Black C-5 Coupe - Gone
2005 Black CTS-V - Gone
2004 Red GTO - Gone

diverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
steve miller
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11
Support Corvetteforum!

I've heard the clicking noise u describe on a few of the C6's I've owned. You'll get used to it.....
steve miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #7
car2fast4you
CF Senior Member

If the clicking only occurs before you start it up, it's the sensor syncing with the fob, I believe.
car2fast4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #8
okie08vette
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Sounds like just some on the normal noises my 08 makes, they are kiind of loud. I know they can make a electronic relay that would be quite.

I really wish I could but the car in acc mode with the key fob though.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #9
SinisterC6
CF Senior Member

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sinisterc6-Productions/445076272240457?ref=stream

op - sit in the car with the door closed and everything off, make sure is completely silent. press the brake pedal, did you hear a noise? how does it compare to the noise your asking about?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #10
65GGvert
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to 65GGvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterC6 View Post
op - sit in the car with the door closed and everything off, make sure is completely silent. press the brake pedal, did you hear a noise? how does it compare to the noise your asking about?
That's the same noise I'm talking about. It happens with several different functions, including programming options in the DIC. It's just a series of clicks that sounds like relays It's not static in the speakers and it's not in the A/C vent actuator. It's an electrical click the same as the click you hear when you press the brake without the car running. It also does it when I open the door with acc off, if I recall correctily.
65GGvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
Red Cell
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2fast4you View Post
If the clicking only occurs before you start it up, it's the sensor syncing with the fob, I believe.

100% accurate.

Red Cell.
Red Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #12
LS WON
CF Senior Member

The clicking sound I hear is when car is idle sometimes it goes on sometimes off. Probably normal as it has been doing this for 4 years now.
LS WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #13
SinisterC6
CF Senior Member

Quote:
That's the same noise I'm talking about. It happens with several different functions, including programming options in the DIC. It's just a series of clicks that sounds like relays It's not static in the speakers and it's not in the A/C vent actuator. It's an electrical click the same as the click you hear when you press the brake without the car running. It also does it when I open the door with acc off, if I recall correctily.
the fuse box is located in the pass footwell, your hearing the different relays coming on - totally normal
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #14
George's_Vette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Ahhh the rewards of working in turbine helicopters for over a decade. WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY? Clicking, I don't hear no clicking.

Seriously my 2009 does not make any clicking noises from the dash area. It does however make a God awful metal on metal grinding noise from the tunnel when cold for the first few miles till it warms up..

I'll trade you noises?

George
Twisp, WA
George's_Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:43 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Odd clicking noise in dash

Tags
1994, 2005, 2008, ac, braking, c5, c6, clicking, corvette, dash, dashboard, noise, sound, start, ticking