C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review on Falken Azenis FK510 summer tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 03:45 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Default Review on Falken Azenis FK510 summer tires

I've had a set of Falken Azenis FK510's on my car for a couple of months now, and just this past weekend took a trip through the twisties up to Prescott, and pushed the car as hard as I could heading up the mountain. I was a little nervous as I'd never used Falken tires before, but trusted in Tire Rack's reviews of them and pushed the envelope in every turn I hit. It was a pleasant surprise to find that the tires were gripping just as well as the much more expensive Michelin tires they'd replaced, and I even hit a personal best of .95g going around one of the more nasty turns. During this entire drive I never felt once like the tires weren't gripping perfectly, or that I was going to lose control from them breaking loose. Road noise is pretty much non-existent, and they seem to run pretty smooth over every surface I've driven them on so far. All-in-all I don't regret my purchase one bit, and if their longevity is anything like what I got out of my previous set of Michelins I'll definitely be buying another set once this one is done for.
The following 2 users liked this post by Corvette_Ed:
jbc1995fb (06-02-2021), Mike98SilVert (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 04:27 PM
leebay
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 384 Posts

Thanks Ed for the review on the Falken tires , glad you like them
The following users liked this post:
Corvette_Ed (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 08:31 PM
dpigguy
Safety Car

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

Hey Ed do you know if those tires are made in their Ny plant or overseas in Japan?
Old 06-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Originally Posted by dpigguy
Hey Ed do you know if those tires are made in their Ny plant or overseas in Japan?
Actually yes I do. These tires are made exclusively in Japan. They have no US production. The Falken Azenis FK510 is considered to be their flagship brand so they decided not to make them anywhere else. For those interested they also make this tire in a runflat, but I don't know about availability.
The following users liked this post:
dpigguy (06-04-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To Review on Falken Azenis FK510 summer tires

Quick Reply: Review on Falken Azenis FK510 summer tires