C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LoJack FOB Battery

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:02 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Default LoJack FOB Battery

I'm sure I'm opening myself up for some blond jokes or worse with this but had an experience with my LoJack the other day. I'm driving along and get a call from LoJack - they tell me my car has moved - was I aware and if not, contact law enforcement (or whatever the canned message says). Surprised me since I'm in the car.

Called them back, the guy says well your FOB battery is probably dead or dying. It honestly never crossed my mind to change the battery in that thing. He said it should be done every 6 months. I've had the car almost 2 years. :o

Guess the battery I had was pretty good but I never even pay attention to that little fob. Guess I will now. FYI - LoJack will continue to call you until you replace the battery. Just thought I'd share my experience for any of your new LoJack customers.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:29 PM
PJRed2008
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't need to be replaced every 6 months, every two years is more realistic. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:10 PM
c1vettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
It doesn't need to be replaced every 6 months, every two years is more realistic. He doesn't know what he's talking about.
It's the old safe vs sorry equation. Ops battery is dead in less than two years.

It's sort of like replacing batteries in smoke alarms. Replacing them when you set the clocks back in the spring. It's a reminder trigger whether you need to or not.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:41 PM
mgtr
Pro

Originally Posted by c1vettes
It's the old safe vs sorry equation. Ops battery is dead in less than two years.

It's sort of like replacing batteries in smoke alarms. Replacing them when you set the clocks back in the spring. It's a reminder trigger whether you need to or not.
Ahhh, if you set your clocks back in the spring, you will be more sorry than safe!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Replacing them when you set the clocks back in the spring. It's a reminder trigger whether you need to or not.
SPRING Forward, or FALL Back. Hopefully this mnemonic will help you.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:39 PM
c1vettes
Burning Brakes

OK. You got me.

But I'm well rested and my smoke alarms are functioning properly.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:28 PM
grumpyone
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Lojack

On the older Lojack FOB's the battery does not last very long. After about 4 months it weakens to the point of giving false signals. It's just easier to change the battery every few months.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:39 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I'll join the stupid question club........ Do all vettes have LoJack? 1st I've heard of it.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 PM
IDSRVIT
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by IDSRVIT
I'll join the stupid question club........ Do all vettes have LoJack? 1st I've heard of it.
By the way I didn't mean "join the stupid question club" meaning the question above was stupid but more I think my own question is stupid but I honestly have no clue on the answer so I figured I'd stick my head out for the chopping.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:37 PM
PJRed2008
Pro

My bad. Not knowing anything about LoJack I assumed the FOB in question was from the Vette and the LoJack thingy was trying to find it. I guess from further posts that LoJack has its own fob.

Well, if nothing else I upped my post count by two.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
TommyV
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '16

Mine has a red L.E.D. that starts blinking when the battery is low.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by IDSRVIT
Originally Posted by PJRed2008
My bad. Not knowing anything about LoJack I assumed the FOB in question was from the Vette and the LoJack thingy was trying to find it. I guess from further posts that LoJack has its own fob.

Well, if nothing else I upped my post count by two.
No, not all vettes have LoJack. You have to have it installed. When I bought my vette I installed it before it left the dealership. However, noone said to change the battery that often. There is a little small fob that you attach to you other fob key chain. If the car goes somewhere without that little fob, it tells LoJack the car has been moved - no fob. LoJack calls you and says your car has moved. I just happened to be in my car (thank goodness).

Yes, the little red light on the back was flashing. Replaced the little battery - good to go.

Get notified of new replies

To LoJack FOB Battery

Quick Reply: LoJack FOB Battery