C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 bi-mode muffler comparison

Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM
QbnSuperman
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
all the videos i like better, but most dont say if they have headers or cats or what.

My thinking is, headers and an offroad pipe may need a little of the muffling effect from a normaly zo6 exhaust. other wise the modded exhaust would be like a cut out. (strait pipes from the headers back) it would be very loud, and not have a good tone. but maybe i am worng?

anyone with this set up?
my video posted up there is of my bone stock ls7 z06 with a mild2wild controller (just for the record)
Old 03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

yea i need to know what it sounds like with headers, and off raoad pipes. thats going to be ALOT louder
Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Spectrel
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mittens
yea i need to know what it sounds like with headers, and off raoad pipes. thats going to be ALOT louder
I just put modded Z06 mufflers on my 2005 C6 LS2. I have headers, catless X pipe and a G6X3 cam. You can see my sig for the other stuff. I couldn't drive the car since half the body was off and I didn't have the NPP retrofit kit and M2W at the time. Here is what I can tell you though:

With the valves open they are close to, if not as loud as my Stingers were. It's hard to say but for all intensive purposes they are damn loud. Not sure about drone etc since I didn't drive the car. They sound VERY good for sure though. I wedged the valves closed so I could get an idea but it does muffle it quite a bit and I could actually have a conversation near the car. I think most of the drone will be gone when the valves are closed.

I'll have some more info and video once I get the car back in two weeks when the wide body is done.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 AM
2thomas
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look here

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ler-mod-2.html

tom
Old 03-30-2010, 04:11 PM
vettn71
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I installed the Z06 exhuast on my 07 MN6 I kept the 3" pipes on the mufflers. They were about 2" longer than the stock exhaust. Once the ends were cut they were installed onto a 2.5" to 3" x-pipe. I didn't see any reason to cut the pipes, although that seems to be the most commn way to do it.

Jim
Old 03-30-2010, 07:48 PM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PAKev
I just scored a pair of Z06 bi-mode mufflers which I plan to install along with the
NPP-in-a-box kit on my 2006 convertible. I know they're not as loud as NPP in open mode
but can anyone give me an idea of what to expect as far as sound goes?
Here's what Jay Leno's Z06 with the factory installed bi-mode exhaust system sounds like.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the...exhaust-trick/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Z06 bi-mode muffler comparison