C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sissors Lift - anyone have one

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:23 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Default Sissors Lift - anyone have one

Looking at lifts, thinking of a sissors lift - does anyone have one, if so what type? how does it work? would you recommend it?

Would like to have something that i can leave down and drive over, etc.

just for oil changes, brake changes, tire rotations, and underside cleaning

don't have the height for a two post (exept the potable one - but don't have garage i have a carport so would need to move so like anyother tool if it takes to much time to use you don't use it).
Old 04-04-2010, 11:20 AM
LR'z-Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own two Rotary scissors type lifts. I bought them both used from people I knew who got out of the car hobby. They are great and I use them all the time. Bend pak seems to be the most popular. Do a search and you will find alot of info.
LR
Old 04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Omega Man
Race Director

Location: I speak the truth. Harsh but accurate. The Woodlands Texas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...&ci_sku=144716

Bendpak lr60p - $1599. This is the one I would like. It is on my list. Low rise 6000 lb capacity and portable.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:55 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Omega Man
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...&ci_sku=144716

Bendpak lr60p - $1599. This is the one I would like. It is on my list. Low rise 6000 lb capacity and portable.
I like this one also, but in the reviews one persons says it can't lift his truck - he bent something - i need to be able to also lift my F-150 Crew Cab - i thought it could, but now i am not sure.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:38 PM
RnLi
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at the Bend Pak and several other scissor lifts. Almost bought the Bend Pak because of the double lifting platforms. Decided against it because I saw the platforms as a possible problem when lifting a Vette, or other vehicle with ground effects. Probably would need to use jacking pucks every time in an effort to prevent rocker panel damage.

After personally visiting all the suppliers I was interested in, I selected one from a place in Temecula Cali-fornicate. Can't remember the name of the supplier, or the lift, but the wife paid (yes, she is a very good lady and gave it as a birthday present.....a keeper for about 48 years!!)...in the neighborhood of $1350 delivered. i probably could find the info if your interested.

Had it for over a year and use it weekly for various applications.

Get notified of new replies

To Sissors Lift - anyone have one

Quick Reply: Sissors Lift - anyone have one