C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZR1 Splitter on a base coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:56 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Default ZR1 Splitter on a base coupe?

I know you can buy color matched splitters for a C6. Few questions for your guys.

1. What do you think of the look on a base C6? Is it too Z06 or ZR1 wanna be?
2. Everything I've read says you need the ZR1 reinforcement bumper to eliminate the extra downforce. Has anyone done this? Hard to install?
3. I've only seen the splitters for the base vette in colors - no carbon fiber look (which is what I really like). Am I just not finding carbon fiber?

Thanks for any knowledge/comments/ideas you have on this.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:23 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas08C6
I know you can buy color matched splitters for a C6. Few questions for your guys.

2. Everything I've read says you need the ZR1 reinforcement bumper to eliminate the extra downforce. Has anyone done this? Hard to install?
3. I've only seen the splitters for the base vette in colors - no carbon fiber look (which is what I really like). Am I just not finding carbon fiber?

1. I think it looks great on a base C6. No, IMO it is not too Z06 or ZR1 wanna be, you are not going for the wide body looks like those who spend many thousands on wide body kits or purchase the G/S to imitate these models. You are adding an attractive but functional body mod that helps increase down force at speed.
2. If you don't plan on exceeding legal speed limit, this is not a concern.
3. I can't help you here since I chose body colored, but if you like the C/F look, go for it.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

ZR 1 by far the best looking
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 AM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Originally Posted by Texas08C6

It is all your personal taste, there are many different styles out there to choose from. Unless you are tracking your car, I don't see you needing reinforcement, your only problem is going to be clearance and once you hit it, reinforcement is not going to help. Installation requires 10 bolts, I believe that you'll only have to drill 6 holes, the other 4 holes you are reusing existing holes. As you know, Forum vendor RPI Designs sell these pre-painted but not in carbon fiber, you have several options, get a black painted one, I have seen people put a film on parts that ressemble carbon fiber or get a carbon fiber splitter from APR and pay close to $1,000. When I shopped for mine I did a search and APR does sell carbon fiber for a base C6.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Splitter on a base coupe?

Quick Reply: ZR1 Splitter on a base coupe?