C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing front and rear side marker lights: how and how difficult?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 06:19 PM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Removing front and rear side marker lights: how and how difficult?

How do the side marker lights come out? How difficult is it?

Thanks, Shawn
Old 04-06-2010, 06:26 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

To get to the front side markers you need to remove the lower access panel from the front wheel wells. For the rear, take out the outer most tail light and you can reach in and remove them. The rear side markers are held in place with two press fit clips as I recall that you simply need to squeeze inward to allow the lamp assembly to slide out of the body panel.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
SPANKY LS1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you.

Shawn
Old 04-14-2010, 01:08 PM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by talon90
To get to the front side markers you need to remove the lower access panel from the front wheel wells. For the rear, take out the outer most tail light and you can reach in and remove them. The rear side markers are held in place with two press fit clips as I recall that you simply need to squeeze inward to allow the lamp assembly to slide out of the body panel.

The two press clips also hold the front ones in place. When I changed my front ones to the clear ones, it does help if you take off the wheel -- just gives you so much more room.
Do you also know how to take out those little presssed in pins that hold the fender liners in place? You pull out only the hard middle section, not the outside edge of the whole pin, and the pin will pull right out.
Its the center of the plastic pins that expand as they are pressed in and hold the whole thing to the fender....they even make a tool to do this, but getting the edge of a small screwdriver under the center part should do the job. They are not hard to pull out (unless you DON'T pull the center first!!)......

Get notified of new replies

To Removing front and rear side marker lights: how and how difficult?

Quick Reply: Removing front and rear side marker lights: how and how difficult?