C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MileMarker-1 Results

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:23 AM
tpereira
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MileMarker-1 Results

Results Spreadsheet

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...4g&output=html

My best was a 180.659

My worst was a 175.684 (missed 3rd gear, then had to avoid shifter kart tire at 150mph!)

Also found out that Hard Drive based video cameras are junk for events like this... everytime I shifted to 2nd, it gave up.

Pics: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=13d0e32100

Vid (using passenger's flash based cam): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QINABerjkCI

New GPS Max:
Old 04-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Was great to meet you! Man you ran that car over and over again yesterday and it was flawless. Nice job by ECS!

That was a great event. I can't wait til the next one, it was like a car show with all the high end cars....really nice folks and a ton of fun.

Here's my helmet cam vid of me doing 183 as per my HP tuners scan.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Very nice and you were motoring
Old 04-11-2010, 02:30 PM
tpereira
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Was great to meet you! Man you ran that car over and over again yesterday and it was flawless. Nice job by ECS!

That was a great event. I can't wait til the next one, it was like a car show with all the high end cars....really nice folks and a ton of fun.

Here's my helmet cam vid of me doing 183 as per my HP tuners scan.
It was great meeting you too ! Yes, hats off to ECS, I beat the heck out of it yesterday with no issues

My morning runs were I had too much adrenaline and were filled with shifting errors. I eventually got the hang of it, and got into the 180's with a passenger. Now Im wondering what it would have done without the passenger ? hmmm... The afternoon, without the passenger, heat became a factor (less cooling time between runs, and just plain hot out), and I ran slower.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:06 PM
tpereira
Burning Brakes

better shot of gps speed

had traction issues on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts

Old 04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Great job man!!

Traction looked tough in the beginning, but 183 is moving for a stock bottom end and a passenger, congrats.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:47 PM
tpereira
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Great job man!!

Traction looked tough in the beginning, but 183 is moving for a stock bottom end and a passenger, congrats.
It was a blast ! I want to do it again ! hahah Just wish I didnt have to drive over 1000 miles each way to do it

You guys put together a heck of a combination. I was able to hang with some pretty serious cars out there
Old 04-12-2010, 06:04 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by tpereira
It was a blast ! I want to do it again ! hahah Just wish I didnt have to drive over 1000 miles each way to do it

You guys put together a heck of a combination. I was able to hang with some pretty serious cars out there
Cool!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by tpereira

You guys didn't see him BEATING on that car...he ran 4 or 5 times before we even started, setting up the equipment, and I don't think he missed a run - we all took breaks, I think Tony ran every time the B group was up!

That is a real testiment to your work. I'm impressed.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I didnt get to meet you F2F Tony but did see your car and runs, and yes you did beat that car down all day Saturday.

I thought I drove the furthest based on the tags I saw around. Did you trailer it in or drive the 1k miles then race?

Tony-
I noticed in that video you got the airbag light as we spoke about in another thread. So why does this happen? Seemed to come on for you at @130mph where mine came on @155mph.

Congrats on the runs Tony and Joe.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:54 PM
tpereira
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
I didnt get to meet you F2F Tony but did see your car and runs, and yes you did beat that car down all day Saturday.

I thought I drove the furthest based on the tags I saw around. Did you trailer it in or drive the 1k miles then race?

Tony-
I noticed in that video you got the airbag light as we spoke about in another thread. So why does this happen? Seemed to come on for you at @130mph where mine came on @155mph.

Congrats on the runs Tony and Joe.
I trailered it down just to be safe. I knew I was going to beat on it

The bad part about me going round and round was not getting to hang out in the pits with everyone. But Joe is right, I ran everytime B was called

I didnt post video with the speedo, so it wasnt my airbag light you were seeing. My only issue was the check engine oil level displayed on the dic right after I did the first trial run. Good think Scott had some oil ! Its not like there were any autoparts stores around lol

Get notified of new replies

To MileMarker-1 Results

Quick Reply: MileMarker-1 Results