C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette, skyline or supra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:34 PM
N8N8N8
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette, skyline or supra?

Corvette c6 (not z06)

What one is best as far as handling, 0-60 and overall performance.

What about a modified supra or skyline how will that match up against a c6?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N8N8N8
Corvette c6 (not z06)

Depends how much your willing to spend. However, one thing is without question. You could never spend enough to make either one of them look as good as a Vette. And, neither will never have the following among auto enthusiasts the Vette does.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:27 PM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Apples vs. oranges.

I like pie.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Mr. Hyde
Pro

When you say Skyline are you referring to the G35? Because it's the same car in Japan.
I just bought one (a 2006 Coupe) and although it's a fine car, it'll not even come close to matching the handling of my Z06, I know you said not a Z06, but it's all I have to compare it to.
If I were to guess, I'd say it'll pull a .092 on a G meter if it had one like the Z06. It is a very predictable car and is a lot of fun to slide, you just have to get used to seeing the tac at 4500 RPM to keep the tires spinning.
I enjoy mine as my dd.
P.S. I also owned a Supra but I dropped too much money into it for a fair comparision. It was featured in Turbo magazine
Old 04-24-2010, 03:33 PM
jor8888
Racer

I say save ur money and get a 2011 mustang GT.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:42 PM
fastskyline
Melting Slicks

i used to own an R33 skyline. it was a great car but here in the US it got WAY too much attention for me. it was my daily driver and i couldnt go anywhere without people stopping me to look at it. when i lived in japan with the car nobody cared at all. that said it handled really well, not quite as good as the vette but still good. biggest problem was getting parts here in the US for it.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:43 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

How does the c6 vette rank in proformance against these 2. The STI and EVO are both 4 cyc with turbos and all wheel drive. STI AND EVO are pretty much identical but when throw up again a c6 how does it rank?
I been hearing alot of difference either way. What do you think is better performance wise. C6 vet or viper

Ty
Heres a couple of other trolling questions you asked in posts you started.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NYC6
Heres a couple of other trolling questions you asked in posts you started.
Outstanding find. Sounds like someone has a pretty boring and, lame life.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Epic_C6
Pro

Supra? Whend did they stop making them? I believe the last year was a 2002 so I wonder what would handle better a 2010 C6 or a 2002 supra? Hmmmmm.......... I assume you are talking about the Skyline GT-R which was also not produced past 2002. So you are asking us to compare 2 foriegn cars that the newest production models were 2002s to a car still in production and still being refined. Give me a break dude!

Old 04-24-2010, 04:52 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
Outstanding find. Sounds like someone has a pretty boring and, lame life.
Took about a minute. He only has about 5 posts. I see you're home also typing away. Maybe yours is boring and lame.

I also see that you love to respond and play with kids who make stupid posts. So it seems like we can add one....lame, boring and dimwitted.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:58 PM
lander
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Took about a minute. He only has about 5 posts. I see you're home also typing away. Maybe yours is boring and lame.

I also see that you love to respond and play with kids who make stupid posts. So it seems like we can add one....lame, boring and dimwitted.
If you'd come down of your high horse for a minute, it seems to me that Vette Suspension was talking about the OP, not about you.

Now who's dimwitted?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:03 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by lander
If you'd come down of your high horse for a minute, it seems to me that Vette Suspension was talking about the OP, not about you.

Now who's dimwitted?
Its not the first time hes come at me for calling someone a troll here. Hes done it more than once. Thats the way I took it this time as well. And I didnt know he appointed you his personal spokesperson. Let the man speak for himself.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
stic5
Pro

Now who's dimwitted?
Agreed
Old 04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do mean the GTR? Your question is vague. Modified? How modified. Bang for the buck it's hard to beat a vette.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Its not the first time hes come at me for calling someone a troll here. Hes done it more than once. Thats the way I took it this time as well. And I didnt know he appointed you his personal spokesperson. Let the man speak for himself.
I strongly urge you to re-read my post. In the future I would also suggest you not jump the gun. I actually stated you had a good find and, that you exposed a troll.

Not that you need to know but since you brought it up. The weather is cool and, threatening rain here in Chicago. Sadly, this somewhat ruined the weekend plans. Fortunately some good hockey is on TV today. So between periods I check the forum. However, if you find that members that have a genuine interest and that are owners of Corvettes have a boring life for being on the forum that is indeed sad. My point was for someone whom does not own a Vette and, merely comes on CF just to start trouble has somewhat of a sad life. If you cannot tell the difference that is on you. For the record as you can clearly see the prior post was referring to the OP with a to you.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Now who's dimwitted?
Spot on. Looks as if you did not miss reading comp class.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:18 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
I strongly urge you to re-read my post. In the future I would also suggest you not jump the gun. I actually stated you had a good find and, that you exposed a troll.

Not that you need to know but since you brought it up. The weather is cool and, threatening rain here in Chicago. Sadly, this somewhat ruined the weekend plans. Fortunately some good hockey is on TV today. So between periods I check the forum. However, if you find that members that have a genuine interest and that are owners of Corvettes have a boring life for being on the forum that is indeed sad. My point was for someone whom does not own a Vette and, merely comes on CF just to start trouble has somewhat of a sad life. If you cannot tell the difference that is on you. For the record as you can clearly see the prior post was referring to the OP with a to you.
I stand corrected. As I said earlier you have on an occasion or two made a comment to something I said in similar circumstances. I misunderstood your intent here. I apologize.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette, skyline or supra?

Old 04-24-2010, 05:42 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,927 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Simply stated the Vette, not possible to answer with modifications unless you specify what modifications.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:08 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by phil_sime
Supra? Whend did they stop making them? I believe the last year was a 2002 so I wonder what would handle better a 2010 C6 or a 2002 supra? Hmmmmm.......... I assume you are talking about the Skyline GT-R which was also not produced past 2002. So you are asking us to compare 2 foriegn cars that the newest production models were 2002s to a car still in production and still being refined. Give me a break dude!

Actually it was 1997 or 98 when they stopped making that car, shortly after they stopped C4 production.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Corvette c6 (not z06)

What? A little bored this afternoon are we? (I am, otherwise I wouldn't have responded to your post)

Surely, somewhere in the bowels of this forum, this question must have been addressed before.

Meanwhile I think I'll move on to the burning question of whether it's hotter in the summer or in the mountains.

Sorry, I know you're probably serious with your question. I just don't know how to respond to it.

Quick Reply: Corvette, skyline or supra?