C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want to get some warrantee work done, but my dealer will not cooperate

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 05:55 PM
BrokenBrain
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as for the question: how do i expect to get it fixed for free?

i had a service rep that i trust tell me to my face that it would be guaranteed/warranteed. the fact that the belts were squeeking after getting the car back demonstrates that they didn't get the job done correctly the first time.

i think if Max is as honest as i think he is, this will get corrected properly (in my favor).
Old 05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,141 Posts

I can't wait to hear from Max.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by BrokenBrain
as for the question: how do i expect to get it fixed for free?

i had a service rep that i trust tell me to my face that it would be guaranteed/warranteed. the fact that the belts were squeeking after getting the car back demonstrates that they didn't get the job done correctly the first time.

i think if Max is as honest as i think he is, this will get corrected properly (in my favor).
the only problem is that you did not pay for a balancer issue to begin with....if they are now telling you that will require repair IMO you're gonna need to pay for it....
Old 05-18-2010, 04:05 PM
BrokenBrain
Advanced

well guys, I talked with Max yesterday. after discussing his trip to Florida, i reminded him of the work performed for me in february. basically he remembered the whole thing and agreed with my version of what happened at that time and what was promised to me.

then we looked under the hood. it was at that point that Max showed me the difference between the balancer and the other very significant pulley at the top of the block that drives the water pump. so yeah, i got the two pulleys confused. they did fix the pulley at the water pump that was loose, but didn't work on the balancer.

then i reminded Max about the belts squeeking and suggested that this is the reason the balancer needs attention. to that he told me he would see what he could do about getting the balancer fixed for me.

bottom line is we agreed to have it done at a discount. so for the time being, i am basically happy about it.

should be getting the car back from them later today.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:15 PM
TCW
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 245 Likes on 177 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-13,'16-'17, '19

This is the kind of crap that put GM into bankruptcy.

Unfortunately they still don't get it that their dealership network is what put them out of business.

Of course lying seems to come from the top down as evidenced by their bogus advertisement that they had paid off their loan to the tax payers.

Tom
Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Walt White Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,141 Posts

I believe they did pay off the 5 or 6 billion that actually was a loan. The rest of the taxpayer money bought GM stock so they are not lying.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
06 C6 vert
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrokenBrain
this vehicle has had no warrantee on it for quite some time now although i did buy an extention of the original warrantee; but that used up a long time ago.

in february, while speaking with Max and one mechanic over the open hood of my car, Max told that the work they proposed to do for me would be absolutely guaranteed and not just for 90 days. this was one of the "selling" points. Max may have said something to the effect of "for as long as you own this car". or something such like that.

should i have asked to have that in writing? absolutely. should i have looked at the paperwork and insisted that it contain a warrantee and mention all the balancer work? absolutely. should i have asked to see all of the paperwork and the guarantee language in advance of committing anything to them up front? absolutely. next time i will be a far more careful consumer.

Seems like you got confused or they used the typical stealership smoke and mirrors MO.. Guarantee on the work performed is one thing. Warranty to cover the cost of work is a totally different animal.

let this be a cautionary tale for all those out there who might find themselves in this kind of trouble.

but at this point, my argument is this: just because the paper work doesn't specifically mention the guarantee and balancer work, doesn't mean that i was not promised one and that they "fixed" the balancer. does having all this in writing make it easier to "prove in court". of course; that's obvious. but that doesn't mean necessarily that there is no warrantee or guarantee in effect here.

Seems like you got confused or they used the typical stealership smoke and mirrors MO.. Guarantee on the work performed is one thing. Warranty to cover the cost of work is a totally different animal

You shot youself in the foot bro.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:22 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

my understanding is there is more to the loan than the 5-6 billion. but the added 45 billion or so....well what can we say (except it's less than the amount given to AIG)?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:11 PM
BrokenBrain
Advanced

thought you guys would want to hear about this:

when i got my car back last night, it was one and one half quarts low on the Mobil 1. really disconcerting!

also, there is still something not sounding right about the repair they did. sounds like one of the "smaller" pulleys needs some lube.

i called them back this afternoon to register this with them and guess what i was told? "we'll give you one and half quarts of oil for free when we next do an oil change for you".

wow thanks a lot
Old 09-22-2015, 07:17 PM
king off the hill
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default water pump

Please to re water pump c 6 model what cost with labor am I looking at .Anyone go through that thanks,
Old 09-22-2015, 07:21 PM
wayback
Team Owner

Received 2,887 Likes on 1,910 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

This thread is 5 years old!!!
Old 09-22-2015, 07:23 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by king off the hill
Please to re water pump c 6 model what cost with labor am I looking at .Anyone go through that thanks,
I had the water pump replaced on my 2003 C5 about 5 years ago and it was in the $700-$800 range. That was at a local independent Corvette specialty shop ... would likely have been considerably more at the dealer.

Never had it done on my C6 though. Hope that gives you a ballpark figure.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:25 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by king off the hill
Exactly what are you asking on this long-dead thread?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:32 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by wayback
This thread is 5 years old!!!
Where do people dig these up from.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:42 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Well, I'm guessing from five years ago.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:16 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
By using the Search function that some tell a questioner to use.

Seems like a person with a question is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't ... he gets chastised for searching and replying to an old thread, but if he asks a question, he gets chastised for not searching the subject.

He can't win for losing.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:21 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketDawg
By using the Search function that some tell a questioner to use.

Seems like a person with a question is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't ... he gets chastised for searching and replying to an old thread, but if he asks a question, he gets chastised for not searching the subject.

He can't win for losing.
Would have done himself a favor by just starting a new thread.

Quick Reply: want to get some warrantee work done, but my dealer will not cooperate