C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Programing fob

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:10 PM
lh4x4
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Programing fob

I neede a new #1 fob and got one from the dealer. They asked me if I wanted them to program it. I said no, I'll use the owners manual and learn how to do it.

the car is a 05. The owners manual was very clear.
1. Vehicle off- check
2. Have both the recognized and new,unrecognized fob on your person -Check
3.Open trunk with key - check
4. Turn the key 5 times within 5 seconds - check
5. the DIC will display READY FOR FOB #x - Nope with car off no dic display - wtf
6. Place the new fob in the glove box w/buttons to pass side - check
7. Once programed a beep with sound - nope
8. Press acc button - nope-nada-zip

Tried over and over with no results.

Anyone know if the manual in wrong or missing a step?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

First, you are aware there is a "short" programming procedure to add another FOB, which in most cases would be #3, which means the new one won't work with the driver memory settings. Only #1 and #2 can work the memory settings.

So, if you just want to "add" FOB #3 (or #4, the max is 4) then you use the short procedure.

To make a new #1 (or #2) FOB, with access to the memory settings, then you have to use the "long" programming procedure, which is lengthy. Doing the "long" procedure means you erase all existing FOB's from memory and start over. The first FOB you program will be #1, the second will be #2 for memory settings purposes.

The procedures in the manual seem to work only sometimes. Here is a verified and tested procedure, long and short, that will work if you follow exactly.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...tructions.html

OR you could go back to the dealer and have them do it, probably for a fee. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Programing fob