C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIN checked today

Old 12-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Default VIN checked today

I took my VIN over to the local Chevy dealer to be checked. Its all clear, but it did list two warranties that are still in effect...Corrosioin Ltd warranty and Emission Select Component Ltd warranty. Does anyone know what all these two actually cover?

Also, while walking back to my truck, I saw the rear ends of a brand new blue C7 and a used, very clean black GS parked close to each other. That GS sure looked nice! (much nicer IMHO)
Old 12-30-2013, 01:48 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the GS,Z06 and ZR1 sure look sexy from the rear and the c7 dosnt but i would still take the c7 home if i had the choice. it will grow on many of you and you will own them and stop complaing about it.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Ward Cleaver
Southern Piedmont Area
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by smurfkiller

...the c7 dosnt (look sexy from the rear) but i would still take the c7 home if i had the choice.
it will grow on many of you and you will own them and stop complaing about it.

I have never yet bought a car that I don't like the design of and then hope that the looks of the car "might grow on me over time," and I can't imagine myself ever buying a car with that kind of a mind-set.

It wouldn't make sense to pay well over $50,000 for a new car that I don't like the design of, and then keep looking out my window at it in my driveway and say to myself...

"Gee, I hope the looks of this car will 'grow on me' over time."

Or to walk up my driveway after getting my mail each day and see the car parked there and then say to myself...

"Damn, I don't really like the design of this, something about it just doesn't look quite right. But hey, maybe after a few weeks...or a few months...I might just get used to it."

When you buy a car...especially a Corvette...it should be something that immediately grabs you, something that immediately clicks with you and hits the "sweet spot" in your mind's eye.
It should be something that you repeatedly walk around and look at, before and after the purchase, because you find the styling and design of the car to be so sweet that it's almost impossible to not look at admiringly whenever you walk by it, or look out your window at it.

No, you shouldn't have to try to talk yourself into liking a car or try to convince yourself that the design is okay whenever you look at it.
That's not the kind of mind-set a sensible person has when he or she buys a new car...that's the kind of mind-set a sensible person has when he or she decides not to buy a particular car.

Regards,
-Ward
Old 12-30-2013, 03:31 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Ward Cleaver
I have never yet bought a car that I don't like the design of and then hope that the looks of the car "might grow on me over time," and I can't imagine myself ever buying a car with that kind of a mind-set.

It wouldn't make sense to pay well over $50,000 for a new car that I don't like the design of, and then keep looking out my window at it in my driveway and say to myself...

"Gee, I hope the looks of this car will 'grow on me' over time."

Or to walk up my driveway after getting my mail each day and see the car parked there and then say to myself...

"Damn, I don't really like the design of this, something about it just doesn't look quite right. But hey, maybe after a few weeks...or a few months...I might just get used to it."

When you buy a car...especially a Corvette...it should be something that immediately grabs you, something that immediately clicks with you and hits the "sweet spot" in your mind's eye.
It should be something that you repeatedly walk around and look at, before and after the purchase, because you find the styling and design of the car to be so sweet that it's almost impossible to not look at admiringly whenever you walk by it, or look out your window at it.

No, you shouldn't have to try to talk yourself into liking a car or try to convince yourself that the design is okay whenever you look at it.
That's not the kind of mind-set a sensible person has when he or she buys a new car...that's the kind of mind-set a sensible person has when he or she decides not to buy a particular car.

Regards,
-Ward
I don't believe that he said he would buy a C7 and hoped that the rear end/looks would grow on him. He simply said that he did not think that the C7 rear was as sexy as the C6, but he would take one and that for those that don't care for the car it will grow on them at some time.
When the C6 first came out I was not impressed with the car at first. The departure of the flip up lights and the side cove vents were more Viper looking then the C5, but in about 6 months I like the looks, so yes it grew on me. I did not buy one hoping it would and I don't believe that was the intent of his reply.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:50 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
the GS,Z06 and ZR1 sure look sexy from the rear and the c7 dosnt but i would still take the c7 home if i had the choice. it will grow on many of you and you will own them and stop complaing about it.
Who exactly was "complaining"? Hopefully, you weren't saying that I was. I simply made an observation of the two at the dealers lot this morning, and expressed my opinion. It will be a sad day for CF if someone can't express an opinion without being accussed of complaining. For example, I also think a Corvette is a much nicer looking car than a Toyota Prius. Is that complaining?

Get notified of new replies

To VIN checked today

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VIN checked today