C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 Rear Diffuser For Stock or Aftermarket Exhaust ON SALE

Old 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default GT2 Rear Diffuser For Stock or Aftermarket Exhaust ON SALE

C6 CORVETTES & Z06
HOT NEW PRODUCT !!! Now on Sale for $1250.00

GT2 Rear Diffuser!!!

For Stock or Aftermarket Exhaust !!!
http://www.breathlessperformance.com...ockExhaust.asp
This version can be used with most all exhaust systems, both 4 tip and 2 tips.

This is a 100% functional lower rear diffuser. A must for track days or that ultimate racing look. Bolts on in about 1 hour.

Weight is about 8.5

It does replace the factory panel.

It is a easy bolt on. Locking tabs on top screws into the factory side mounting holes. and has a brace and bracket that attaches to the lower control arm bolt.

Definition of a Diffuser:
A diffuser, in an automotive context, is a shaped section of the car underbody which improves the car's aerodynamic properties by enhancing the transition between the high-velocity airflow underneath the car and the much slower freestream airflow of the ambient atmosphere. It works by providing a space for the underbody airflow to decelerate and expand so that the boundary between the car's airflow and "external" airflow is less turbulent. It also provides a degree of "wake infill" (the wake being a turbulent area of low pressure that is caused by the passage of the vehicle through the air; this can cause pressure drag).

As the air enters towards the front of the car it accelerates and reduces pressure. There is a second suction peak at the transition of the flat bottom and diffuser. The diffuser then eases this high velocity air back to normal velocity and also helps fill in the area behind the car making the whole underbody a more efficient downforce producing device by reducing drag on the car and increasing downforce.

The aft part of a car underbody can be a diffuser. It works to bring the low pressure air below the car back to the ambient atmospheric pressure without inducing turbulence. It uses Bernoulli's principle, such that the pressure increases while the velocity decreases. Since the pressure below the car is lower than on the side and above the car, downforce is produced if implemented correctly. Injecting the exhaust into the rear diffuser can also help extract the air from below the car. The exhaust gasses effectively energize the boundary layer, helping to raise the pressure of the low-pressure, fast-moving airstream back to the ambient atmospheric pressure at the exit of the diffuser. This helps extract the air more efficiently from the underbody.

Note that the front of the car slows down the air without a diffuser making this the ideal place for an inlet. Instead, a splitter is commonly used here. The splitter serves to reduce the pressure below the front of the car and thereby increase the amount of downforce in that region. The airstream is brought to stagnation above the splitter, by an air dam, causing an area of high pressure. Below the splitter, air is accelerated, as stated above, which causes the pressure to drop and create downforce. Some race cars, such as the C6-R Corvette actually use a proper diffuser in this area to help create more downforce.[1]

For drag we perform coast down runs for each setting. Without the above we can only calculate approximate performance levels of each element. IE: front adjustable splitter, rear wing and diffuser. Lap times don’t lie.

Using the formula F= Cl * area we arrive at 3psi for the diffuser which is a total of 480 lbs down force @ 170mph ideally if we were to maintain 2.5“ ground clearance on a smooth track on a standard day. Since the rear ride height is more than that, we have a + rake situation which in itself causes down force because of the ’Wedge effect”. The area and ramp profiles were determined by the space available and no NACA tables were consulted.

The primary reason for the design was to address the unsightly mess Corvette has created at the bottom of the rear valence. Imagine the ZR1 supercar with back up lamps on a fake plastic diffuser. Shucks, this is what we expect from the orient for little city cars. What self respecting V8 has four ugly pipes?

Although it accomplishes the appropriate ’Bling Bling‘ effect, our diffuser also function as designed. If you have all the other necessary elements in place. IE, A proper floor feeder system, droop limits on the rear suspension, ability to adjust total center of pressure, (splitter and rear wing) you will be further able to exploit our new product.

We also have a side feed entry as on the Ferrari Enzo, so we don’t get the full suction peak at entry and the second peak is located at the rear axle. This is because the engine heat is managed down the centre of the car and exits at the opening of the exhaust pipes. This precludes us having a full ’closed in’ floor which would improve the efficiencly of the diffuser considerably.

Our rear wing is designed for engine heat exit over the top of the car as in the factory C6R GT1 cars after which it was designed. There is never the less diffuser energy augmentation caused by the end plates on this design. Since this car is also driven on the street and is used for our product promotion, we elected not to go with a full race car package.

To calculate approximate down force at other speeds at the diffuser we know that lift increases at the square of the velocity. At 75mph we would have 100lbs down force.

With this installation for the street on a stock C6, you will improve your gas mileage at highway speeds because the diffuser allows the air traveling underneath the car a place to expand and decelerate back to road speed as well as providing wake infill. IE: It will reduce total drag.

Can be used on the street or the track!!!

700-253-4T C6 & C6 Z06 Rear Diffuser Price: $1,500.00

To order, call us at Breathless Performance at (954) 925-7725
Our Online Shopping will be ready very soon, and it will give you the extra option of ordering directly our items online
Attached Images    
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

if you guys ever go crazy and want to give one away for free, let me know!!!

that thing is awesome!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:06 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I have it and I like it! Does it come painted/asembled now b/c you say its an easy bolt-on, mine was in pieces and had to be glued, prepped and painted.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that $1250 shipped?

**Also, will the BB exhaust fit without any issues? I hope so because I've been drooling over your diffuser for about a year now.**
Old 06-10-2010, 11:31 PM
chevyc6z51
Burning Brakes

nice..The 4 pipe one looks like it would catch air?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the one on the yellow car. Looks great.

But IMO the other one is hideous. Looks very cheap and basic. Sorry.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:02 AM
enjoytheview
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

any more pics of that black car from further back?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:09 PM
0spoiled996
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

would the 2 tip type fit with the corsa system if I cut the 4 tips and made my own 2 tips? Dont care for the 4 tip look, but dont want drone of CES system.
Thanks!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:14 PM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by spoiled996
would the 2 tip type fit with the corsa system if I cut the 4 tips and made my own 2 tips? Dont care for the 4 tip look, but dont want drone of CES system.
Thanks!
I do not think t will that is why we have made a custom one with a mandrel pipe bending machine
Old 06-27-2010, 09:25 PM
0spoiled996
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

That stinks....I love the look of the 2 tip, but heard the exhaust has a slight drone. If you guys ever figure out how to make it connect so that people could keep but modify their BB, Corsa, etc...4 tip systems to fit into the 2 tip panel, I imagine there would be hundreds of buyers out there!

What is the GP for the 2 tip w/ the exhaust and reverse lights? thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Igetit
Cruising

The glover defuser is way nicer, and the backup lights are better suited for placement. Only bad thing is it's a two pipe system. Wish he would do a four...
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 AM
bpproducts
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by spoiled996
That stinks....I love the look of the 2 tip, but heard the exhaust has a slight drone. If you guys ever figure out how to make it connect so that people could keep but modify their BB, Corsa, etc...4 tip systems to fit into the 2 tip panel, I imagine there would be hundreds of buyers out there!

What is the GP for the 2 tip w/ the exhaust and reverse lights? thanks!
Here is a great thread of the exhaust in action
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...e-exhaust.html

Get notified of new replies

To GT2 Rear Diffuser For Stock or Aftermarket Exhaust ON SALE

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT2 Rear Diffuser For Stock or Aftermarket Exhaust ON SALE