C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously????

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:28 PM
brucemc
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Seriously????

We've all heard the stories and it's happened to most of us at one point and time or another but most people think their fisherman stories. Well I have a story and a pic to prove it. I welcome your stories and pics also.

Story
I stop off at Pep Boys Auto Store 15 minutes until closing on my way home from golf. I needed a drill to install a new front ZR1 splitter. When I arrived the parking lot was empty. I was the only car there. As I am headed out someone is coming in. When I step out into the parking lot. There it is. Seriously???? Did he just have to park right next to me with all those open spots? I'm sure that most of us that really take care of our rides go the extra mile to park away from the crowds to avoid any dings. He certainly could have parked at almost any one of the other spots. Do you suppose people just do it to irritate us? I never understood why they do this and this isn't the first time it’s happened to me. I could park my car on Mars and come back a day later to find a spaceship parked next to it. I’m trying not to be to overly protective but once when I had a new BMW 8 series I came out of a store to find a lady with her car door wide open against my car and she was leaning inside her car but bracing herself with her door. Needless to say I was pissed and gave her a mouthful. Ever since then when I take the nice rides out I try to park away from the crowd. Can’t have my vette banged up.

Hope you enjoyed the story, feel my pain and got a laugh.

Bruce
Attached Images  

Last edited by brucemc; 07-21-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Do you suppose people just do it to irritate us?
or to make their car look better!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:32 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Idiots will be idiots.

I feed other people's underprivelidged children
I send other people's children to school
I will soon be paying for MORE of everyone else's healthcare

DAMNED! if someone is going to deface the one thing I buy for myself without response.

I would retaliate as destructively as I thought I could without lawsuit.

People in trucks and ****ty cars think people in sports cars will give them the right of way. When I owned my WS6, I never gave in. Some people nearly ran themselves off the road (one guy got stuck headed into on-coming traffic so I yielded for the sake of others) trying the little "oh he will move over and I can cut in front of him" trick. Never did give in and never did get hit, FWIW.

I am not talking about on-ramps, mind you. I am talking about the driver who has to cut EVERYONE off and then whip in front of you JUST as you get to the exit and take it.

Last edited by BSSN; 07-21-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:36 PM
AlphaBravo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a person who also likes to park away from others, I find that people choose to park right next to me when there are many, many spots available. I have my developed my own theory on this. Here is it:

People like the feeling of being next to someone because it makes them feel "anchored" instead of floating all alone with unoccupied spaces next to them. Also, they feel it is more orderly than cars "scattered" with empty spaces in between.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:37 PM
BSSN
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AlphaBravo
As a person who also likes to park away from others, I find that people choose to park right next to me when there are many, many spots available. I have my developed my own theory on this. Here is it:

People like the feeling of being next to someone because it makes them feel "anchored" instead of floating all alone with unoccupied spaces next to them. Also, they feel it is more orderly than cars "scattered" with empty spaces in between.
Most people are naturally social. This is why the crime rate is so high as well.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My theory is that people who do this simply know that YOU, as the owner of a Corvette, will NEVER open your door far enough to scratch THEIR piece of crap vehicle!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually I would park my van/work car next to nice cars parked out in know mans zone...reason being I acted like a buffer zone for them,Im sure they were thinking wth
Old 07-21-2010, 09:50 PM
RedVette84
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes people have to screw around when someone has a nice car. I would park my custom Roadrunner far away from anyone and someone would always have to park a foot away from it.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:52 PM
///DarkSide\\\
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

What a douche

Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 PM
VALS3
Advanced

Default Sardine Philosophy

I think it is totally innocent and here is why. I too am very bothered when I put my car in Outer Mongolia and some ***@@@@ has to park next to me. Watch how people park in a large lot attached to a business in the morning, they do not evenly space cars - they park next to the first car in. In chemistry you have a nucleation site, crystals need it to begin growing and they grow on top of each other. The same principal applies here. Also keep in mind that unfortunately, most people consider cars just transport and they could care less about dents in their doors or yours.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
jbain1
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '10

Looks like my truck (but it's not)! I always try to park in a "protected" space - next to a curb, etc., even in my truck (daily driver). It's a shame most folks think (or don't think) about other's property!

Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I doubt the driver gave your car a second thought. I see this when ever I park anywhere.

As I have been learning to tune I will park in a lot of places to mess with the laptop. I will be out in no mans land and people will park next to me or close proximity. With my windows and top up they cannot see me inside. I've yet to have any of them bang my car. All of them hop out and go on there business totally oblivious to me.

I think 99% of them are probably like this elsewhere. I seriously doubt they are conscious enough to pull in and say oh there's a nice sports car I think I'll park over there so I can F up their car.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by RLSebring
I doubt the driver gave your car a second thought. I see this when ever I park anywhere.

As I have been learning to tune I will park in a lot of places to mess with the laptop. I will be out in no mans land and people will park next to me or close proximity. With my windows and top up they cannot see me inside. I've yet to have any of them bang my car. All of them hop out and go on there business totally oblivious to me.

I think 99% of them are probably like this elsewhere. I seriously doubt they are conscious enough to pull in and say oh there's a nice sports car I think I'll park over there so I can F up their car.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:47 PM
C5C6Sell
Racer

As far as the vettes go, I have to agree with my husband on this one. His point was that you don't know what you don't know. We had no clue about what it meant to own a Vette until we had one. Same with the really nice rides. Others, well not ALL others, don't do it on purpose, they are just not as fortunate to know what we know. Ya know? LOL
Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Just Buy It
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thats why God created guns...........
Old 07-21-2010, 10:58 PM
C5C6Sell
Racer

Originally Posted by Just Buy It
with silencers.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:21 AM
RedHottGS
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Came out after work to find a civic had pulled 2 feet into my space from the oposite space and was resting against my front bumper, couldn't believe it! I had to pull the back half of the car cover off so I could get in and back up, freeing the cover over the front bumper. Left a little pile of dirt on his fender letting him know I didn't appreciate his humor.

Get notified of new replies

To Seriously????

Old 07-22-2010, 12:25 AM
LucaBrasiAZ
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by brucemc
We've all heard the stories and it's happened to most of us at one point and time or another but most people think their fisherman stories. Well I have a story and a pic to prove it. I welcome your stories and pics also.

Story
I stop off at Pep Boys Auto Store 15 minutes until closing on my way home from golf. I needed a drill to install a new front ZR1 splitter. When I arrived the parking lot was empty. I was the only car there. As I am headed out someone is coming in. When I step out into the parking lot. There it is. Seriously???? Did he just have to park right next to me with all those open spots? I'm sure that most of us that really take care of our rides go the extra mile to park away from the crowds to avoid any dings. He certainly could have parked at almost any one of the other spots. Do you suppose people just do it to irritate us? I never understood why they do this and this isn't the first time it’s happened to me. I could park my car on Mars and come back a day later to find a spaceship parked next to it. I’m trying not to be to overly protective but once when I had a new BMW 8 series I came out of a store to find a lady with her car door wide open against my car and she was leaning inside her car but bracing herself with her door. Needless to say I was pissed and gave her a mouthful. Ever since then when I take the nice rides out I try to park away from the crowd. Can’t have my vette banged up.

Hope you enjoyed the story, feel my pain and got a laugh.

Bruce
pep boys in anaheim hills???? you are right, there are so many spots in front and off to the side by the auto bays.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 AM
filmjay
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by RLSebring
I doubt the driver gave your car a second thought.
This.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:49 AM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Buy It

Quick Reply: Seriously????