C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NPP Bi-Mode Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Tahoe Dave
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NPP Bi-Mode Exhaust Question

I have a 2005 C6 and I am considering installing a forum members 2007 Z06 Bi-Mode take off mufflers. I know I will have to deal with the 2.5" to the 3.0" transition. I understand a "good" muffler shop can handle this.

My question is, until I install a "mild to wild" device, with no vacuum hooked up, will the exhaust be mild or wild?

Thanks for your help...
Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 PM
PaulEddie
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Not trying to hijack this post, but I also have bought a used set of Z06 mufflers. They thru in the H-pipe. Is there any chance the Z06 H-pipe will bolt up to the standard C6 cats. If not, do you think anything would be gained if I cut the std H-pipe right behind the bolted connection and ran the 3" Z06 H-pipe.

To answer your question, they will be in the wild mode with no vacuum.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 PM
cylon
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tahoe Dave
I have a 2005 C6 and I am considering installing a forum members 2007 Z06 Bi-Mode take off mufflers. I know I will have to deal with the 2.5" to the 3.0" transition. I understand a "good" muffler shop can handle this.

My question is, until I install a "mild to wild" device, with no vacuum hooked up, will the exhaust be mild or wild?

Thanks for your help...
mild, u need NPP in a box
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Tahoe Dave
Racer

Well, I got one "mild" and one "wild" I need a tie-breaker
Old 07-27-2010, 11:21 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

It depends if baffle/flap is closed or open. Mild is closed, wild open. You really should'a got NPP in a box....I had '09 Z51 Roadster w/NPP (sold) and now '10 Z06. Trust me when I say this.....NPP in a box will give you a few more ponies and use you same 2 1/2" exhaust. It sounds excellent....I got lots compliments....the 3" exhaust will not gain you anything (LS3) unless your doing other engine mods. Z06 mufflers and NPP are different in that the perforations in the system are in 'Z's muffler and NPP in tailpipes. Baffles located same on both. You need the vacum etc to make it work....thats why I say for the money you can't beat NPP in box....and I had factory NPP and now a 'Z....
Old 07-27-2010, 11:23 PM
T's C6
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cylon
mild, u need NPP in a box
Old 07-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Tahoe Dave
Racer

Originally Posted by tim414
It depends if baffle/flap is closed or open. Mild is closed, wild open. You really should'a got NPP in a box....I had '09 Z51 Roadster w/NPP (sold) and now '10 Z06. Trust me when I say this.....NPP in a box will give you a few more ponies and use you same 2 1/2" exhaust. It sounds excellent....I got lots compliments....the 3" exhaust will not gain you anything (LS3) unless your doing other engine mods. Z06 mufflers and NPP are different in that the perforations in the system are in 'Z's muffler and NPP in tailpipes. Baffles located same on both. You need the vacum etc to make it work....thats why I say for the money you can't beat NPP in box....and I had factory NPP and now a 'Z....
Okay, I think I'm getting it. Is the NPP In A Box the controller that opens and closes the baffles, or is it a complete and different exhaust system? If it is the controller, I would definitely be purchasing one and having it installed.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:10 AM
T's C6
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tahoe Dave
Okay, I think I'm getting it. Is the NPP In A Box the controller that opens and closes the baffles, or is it a complete and different exhaust system? If it is the controller, I would definitely be purchasing one and having it installed.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:12 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

It contains EVERYTHING you need to go from C6 stock/base exhaust to NPP/Bi-Mode (would not need Z06 mufflers)....then, you can add mild2wild controller.....same for NPP/Z06....
Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Engine vacuum CLOSES the flap so; no vacuum = loud.

NPP in a box and M to Wild are one manufacturers names for their exhaust controller. There are at least 4 Companies that make exhaust controllers.

My preference is for http://sunsetorangecreations.com/
Old 07-28-2010, 09:21 AM
LOUSVETTE
NCM Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Definitely WILD until you install NPP in a BOX - Works great

Get notified of new replies

To NPP Bi-Mode Exhaust Question

Quick Reply: NPP Bi-Mode Exhaust Question